ExxonMobil Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The interview took place at the antwerp refinery. Basic interview questions were asked to see if I have the right attitude to work for exxon. Why exxon? Give a situation in life where you had to make a tough decision? Have you also applied somewhere else? Are you a good team-player, show with an example. interview took 40 minutes

Interview Questions
  • set up a mathematical formula for the number of diagonals in polygon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Engineering Intern Interview

The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online while the company was doing interviews at my school's career fair. I had an in person behavioral (not technical) interview followed by a short phone interview. I was then offered a job.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Campus recruiting (submitted resume and cover letter on Exxon's campus recruiting site in advance; invited to interview with alumnus on campus). About two months later, I received an email that I had not made it to the next stage (phone interview). Typical behavioral interview. I think that the interview thought I would be a good fit for a certain division; when I expressed interest in the others, I sealed my fate.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was repeated questions that touched on the same areas (problem-solving), etc., since I needed more anecdotes.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2011.

Gave them resume at university information session; they sent an email back asking for an on-campus interview within the week. Had to make a profile online and submit resume again, as well as transcript. Interview was 1 on 1 and almost entirely behavioral, the rest being specifics about the research experience on resume. Was told at the end of interview that notification would be through email; received generic rejection in about 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Can you elaborate on a situation where you were in a group and fell short of your goals or had difficulties succeeding?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2011.

Initially, the offer sounded great. I attended an information session with several employees who talked about their jobs. When I got to the interview, it seemed like my interviewer had completely burned out. She had no motivation, answered my questions about the company with very generic and formulaic answers, and I really learned nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience working with other people.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2010.

The on-campus recruiters pre-screened resumes and set up one on one interviews. My interviewer was very nice and friendly. The questions were pretty standard. Why engineering? Why exxon? We went through my resume and detailed each item. Then she asked behavioral questions. The hardest was probably to describe a situation when someone working under me had refused to cooperate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when a team member or subordinate refused to cooperate with you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question