Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr, 2015
Updated 8 Apr, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

had an informational interview early on, so my process may be a bit different. Applied via website. Contacted by recruiter nearly 1 month later for phone screening. A month after that, there was an interview with two directors, pretty much a pre-screening. Nearly two months later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with an unhappy client. What was the situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

Not a good company for a technical role. If you are looking for a product development role , then this is not the place to look for .

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Talked on the phone with hr followed by a flight and tour of the facilities. Spoke with multiple people to get a better understanding of the company. It only took about two weeks to hear back from. Only down side I believe they don't call if you didn't get the interview.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by recruiter a week later. Standard interview questions for analysts, moderate difficulty as you advanced further in the rounds. Interview questions and style seemed to vary based on style of recruiter and hiring manager with some having a greater practical vs theoretical focus. Interviews were interactive, allowed questions to better understand role.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on Lean Six Sigma processes and previous project results.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

The recruiter and hiring manager were very professional and It was very enjoyable. From start to finish the entire process was very well managed. Although I didn't get an offer the hiring manager and I discuss detailed expectations of the potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are you areas for improvements.   1 Answer

Director of Credit and Collections Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Headquarter talent acquisition person phone contact and brief phone interview. Then second phone interviews with a few senior management leaders. Third step is in person interviews with different senior management from different business units.
    The company pays for travel expenses and arranges the schedule for meetings.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, specific examples of work challenges, solutions deployed, best practices brought to the business, and how I can meet the needs of the company in my areas of expertise.
      Each senior management person bring about questions related to their own business unit and how I can help their teams.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation process was smooth and moved quickly - There was not too much going back and forward and the overall time from first contact to offer was under 45 days.

Client Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Extremely long for any in-house, non-call center position. It took over 2 months to schedule my second and third interview. By the time I was interviewed, you could tell the managers had already made their decision and could care less about any of the answers I provided. It was a waste of time.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Looking for a good position. Prepare well for the interview. Be confident and friendly. Give your manager a good impression of you by backing up answer with the example.

Implementation Manager Interview

Interview

There were three face to face interviews with various members of the management team. This was followed by a formal presentation with a topic of your choice. Just meant to make sure you are able to speak to a client intelligently. Overall, it was a little over the top, but I guess needed for all the applications they typically receive.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

Spoke with a recruiter who setup the interview with almost no questions at all. Interviewed with a SR manager as well as a director in Finance. They were more interested in my educational background and the courses I completed in graduate school than my actual work experience, even though i was nearly five years removed from school. No institutional questions were asked. Felt like they were really trying to gauge my personality more than skills. I think the frame of mind was at the time, that they can teach pharmaceutical pricing to anyone, the individual would just have to be willing to work hard and learn.