Express Scripts

Updated 23 Jan, 2015
Updated 23 Jan, 2015

2.7

Client Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Extremely long for any in-house, non-call center position. It took over 2 months to schedule my second and third interview. By the time I was interviewed, you could tell the managers had already made their decision and could care less about any of the answers I provided. It was a waste of time.

Senior Program Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Looking for a good position. Prepare well for the interview. Be confident and friendly. Give your manager a good impression of you by backing up answer with the example.

Implementation Manager Interview

There were three face to face interviews with various members of the management team. This was followed by a formal presentation with a topic of your choice. Just meant to make sure you are able to speak to a client intelligently. Overall, it was a little over the top, but I guess needed for all the applications they typically receive.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

Spoke with a recruiter who setup the interview with almost no questions at all. Interviewed with a SR manager as well as a director in Finance. They were more interested in my educational background and the courses I completed in graduate school than my actual work experience, even though i was nearly five years removed from school. No institutional questions were asked. Felt like they were really trying to gauge my personality more than skills. I think the frame of mind was at the time, that they can teach pharmaceutical pricing to anyone, the individual would just have to be willing to work hard and learn.

Data Entry Technician Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts.

First a quick phone interview, than an interview at the company location. Starting pay was $13.25 an hour. Went to orientation and realized the place was call center sweat shop. Basically no freedom to even get up and stretch your legs. Very scary and seemed like everyone who worked there was severely depressed.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions, "What short cuts would you take to increase speed and productivity in data entry and privacy.".   Answer Question
    I resigned after 2 weeks.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Communications by telephone seemed professional and courteous. Ireceived E-mails from that point which were clear about what I needed to do next. Completed about three "personality evaluations" or tests of basic skills. I arrived professionally dressed for my interview as I was instructed--I was shocked when the sloppy dressed and unkempt female escorted me back for the interview, and was more dismayed to learn she was a manager..She seemed ill-prepared with her questions, and unsure of herself...I felt like I was taking control of the interview AND LEADING HER..

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very challenging..mostly discussed the high volume of the calls. I was asked to describe a time on a former job when I made a mistake at work and how I corrected it...   Answer Question

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in November 2014.

Applied online, had to take 2 intense assessments all within 2 days of me applying. Recruiter calls me and leaves a voice mail, call back twice that day and she never returns my call, call again the next day and she finally returns my call.

Interview Questions
    • The job pays $12.50 an hour and the hours are 12 pm to 9 pm   View Answer

Money and Hourse

Insurance Verification/Eligibility Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied on Express scripts Website and received a call literally five minutes later. I had an interview over the phone and was scheduled a interview in person the following day. The interview was very laid back and there were two managers interviewing me at the same time. The managers were so nice I felt comfortable and confident when answering all there questions. After The interview they walked me back to the lobby, told me to wait for the recruiter who initially called me. When she came out she offered me the job :) I'll be starting orientation next week and I could be more happier! The background and Employment History check took a little while and there was a lot of back and forth but nothing that can not be handled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient/ Customer. How did you handle it? What was the out come? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    Everything was Positive

Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Everything at first is done by emails, then you'll get a phone call interview followed by a face to face interview. It can take a process of 2-3 weeks, the background check is what's irritating as the company they use, it seems you're doing the job for themselves as for everything they ask you to provide.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a call where some was saying they are going to kill themselves? Who asks that?   Answer Question

Phone Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied on a Tuesday, I believe, for a data entry position. I was contacted by a first recruiter the next day to go ahead and apply for a different position for Phone Pharmacy Technician. I didn't apply right away and was contacted the following day by another recruiter stating that the same position was available and that the data entry had filled up. It was nice of them to offer another position and for me not to have to search around for another once denied the first one.

I applied that Friday. Since I had already filled out the basic questionnaire I did not have to do it again. Recruiter #2 called me the following Monday asking me basic questions about my resume and telling me a little bit more about the job, salary, training, start dates, etc. We set up an interview for the following day (Tuesday).

After entering the office I was greeted by the Senior Staffing Coordinator. She was so nice and friendly. I was nervous but she made me comfortable. I sat down in the main lobby and did a typing test. She said I did great and then handed me a paper to look over while we waited for the interview to start. If you get there early enough, this paper basically has all of the questions they will ask you and is a good study guide. It at least gives you a good heads up to the type of questions (those behavioral ones) they will ask. We ended up waiting for 4 more girls and all went up together.

There was a panel of 6 people waiting for us in a conference room. Intimidating at first but they were all so nice and friendly. They went over the interview process. We took turns each going into an office with two or three of the Lead techs while the rest of us stayed in the conference room chatting. They did this to give us a break between questions which was very nice. Then we would switch out and go with the remaining techs the next round. That was it! I got a call THE SAME DAY telling me I was hired and just needed to complete a background check and drug test.

It was over all one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Dress professionally, be polite and remember to smile and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "give an example when" questions. Study your "START" interview questions and think of examples and you will be fine.

give an example when you had to keep track of many details in a changing environment (something along those lines...)

give an example when you had to deal with an angry customer. (what was the scenario, how did you deal with it and what was the end result?)

Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They start the techs out at 13 as a trainee. once you are certified they will bump you up to 14. After training I believe is when the benefits start.