Express Scripts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Linux Systems Administrative Interview

Linux Systems Administrative
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in April 2011.

Interview Details The Interview process was annoying.
They tend to ask questions that involve rather complicated and obscure scenarios over the more common sense type questions.
Interviewers treated you like you were at a police station being interrogated.
Disrespectful, condescending, and they kept me waiting.
I asked them this question:
""Please describe your culture to me""
The response I got was one sentence:
""You go where we put you"".
I've been through 2 interviews there. One of my two interviews was a phone interview.
When I dialed into the meeting line they were finishing a previous phone interview that went over its allotted time. I got to hear half the interview questions before they even got to me. All I did was hang up and dial back in.

Interview Question – One question involved compiling a Binary on a system that didn't allow compliling.
A simple question but it was worded in an awkward and counter-intuitive manner.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Combative attitudes of the interviewers.
Many and varied negative personal anecdotes from former employees and colleagues who have interviewed there.
Numerous bad reviews on this very website.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Prescription Benefits Specialist
Port St Lucie, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details I applied online and was offered to complete the assessment test for further consideration. Maybe about 4 days later, I was contacted by a recruiter for a quick simple phone interview mainly explaining about the company and my availability. The recruiter scheduled me for a 1:1 interview for the next day and she also sent me a pdf to go over for before the interview. It was very helpful because the use the STAR Method. After my interview was was told that someone would contact me from Talent Acq and sure enough 3 days later I received a job offer from the same recruiter.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to go above and beyond what you were expected to do? What approach did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Patient Care Advocate
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Interview Question – Job simulation type questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay not competitive

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process was pretty quick. Generally have to do two part interviews if you are from inside. If you are from outside, three part interviews. First you will have a phone screening with the recruiter. After you complete that process, the manager interview and then meet with Hiring Director and HR manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time how you dealt with difficult employees and how did you coach them and what was the result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have negotiation. They declined my counter offer. The pay is pretty low compare to other Supervisors in healthcare.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Patient Care Advocate
Valdosta, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

Interview Details The application process was long and the recruiter I talked to was very friendly. First interview was rescheduled a week before interview for the following month. I was early for my interview appointment and the company reps Doing the interviews were late. Interview itself went ok but in the end I was not hired. They went about it very unprofessionally and informed me I was not offered a position in front of other applicants.

Interview Question – Basically just situational questions based on experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call and an initial phone interview. I had great initial phone interview and set up face to face interview based on the success of my phone screening. It was all downhill once I arrived at the St Louis campus.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me "how did you get to go to (a specific private school)". She mentioned that he school was very expensive and asked what my father did to be able to send me to that school.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Technician Interview

Data Entry Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in June 2014.

Interview Details This was an initial screening interview was conducted over the phone. The HR (or recruiter?) I spoke with verified my employment history, if they'd find anything in my background check, and asked if I was available for the late second shift. I am to find out soon whether if I make the cut for the next interview.

Interview Question – As stated above, the interview was conducted over the phone. I use a sign language interpreter through video relay service. The person seemed to not understand why I was using an interpreter and asked if my English was not that great. I thought the question was impolite. I replied stating that I didn't think the question is appropriate to ask but my English is just fine. The person clarified/rephrased her question asking why I was using an interpreter and I said that I am using a sign language interpreter.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Express Scripts in December 2013.

Interview Details Went through one phone interview and then one on site interview. Was offered the position the morning after my site interview. Very easy process, HR is organized and does a great job.

Interview Question – There was none. They were all behavior based.   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

Account Management Intern
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Express Scripts in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview consisted of a preliminary phone interview followed by an on-site interview with my immediate supervisor. Questions were pretty standard and straightforward. Nothing too out there. Interviewers were courteous and professional throughout the process.

Interview Question – How would you go about overcoming a challenge for your team that you aren't directly responsible for?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in December 2013.

Interview Details There was one phone interview, and even though there were some connection problems, the interviewer and I seemed to have "clicked" almost immediately. She explained what the job would entail, asked if I could learn new computer programs quickly, and how I felt about working in a role that was both fast-paced and slow at times.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation due to the fact that the pay was stated on the website.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!