Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express (Richmond, BC).

Interview

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Midtown Toronto, ON) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express (Vancouver, BC) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was called the next week on Wednesday to set up an interview for that Friday. Went to the mall where the store is and had the interview right outside the store at a sitting area. Interview was very quick (less than 10 minutes). Manager said she was still pretty new to the interviewing process, so I'm thinking that's why it was as quick as it was. Basically only asked me about past work experience and why I wanted to work at Express out of all the other stores at the mall. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview but she was waiting on a call back from one of my references. They DO call your references so make sure you let them know they're your reference and should be expecting a call. I was called back on Monday and was told to come in for orientation on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was expecting minimum wage so I accepted minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Two interviews, both were group interviews. It was pretty relaxed and it seemed like they were looking for people who were willing to work hard and cared about work and the company. They also seemed to be looking for positive, fashionable people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Troy, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for a interview with express and had to wait a while for another person that didn't show. The hiring manager came out and we sat on a bench by the store. It felt more like a conversation than a interview. I think I did well :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. No benefits but I was looking for something part time for school.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Wauwatosa, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two other people, pretty standard questions. was offered a second interview directly in person and the day of the second interview i recieved a call being offered the job before i even went in.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Thursday I believe, and received a phone call on that Saturday. I had an interview the following Tuesday, and I start on Friday. The managers were really nice. They made everyone feel comfortable. It was a group interview. I would say dress up like you already work that. Also, they call references. It earns you brownie points if you bring a typed out reference sheet. I was the only one who brought one out of the other 2 candidates.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.