Express

Average Difficulty
171 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Question – What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Express in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Modesto, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call back after a few days for a group interview. The group interview went smoothly, was about 7-9 people and we took turns answering questions. Questions included:
Why do you want to work here?
How would you be described in a high school reunion in three words?
What's the difference between selling a product and customer service?
It took about 20 minutes total for the interview. I received a call asking for a reference, and a week later was offered the position.
Overall was a friendly yet to the point interview :)
Very excited to be working for Express!

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?
I liked this question because we got some varied answers in our group. I wouldn't consider it a difficult question, but just to provide something here.
  Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in June 2014.

Interview Details Really easy process. Applied online, called me back for an interview within a few days. Routine questions, how would you handle so and so situation, why do you want to work here, what can you offer, what are your weakness and strengths, then called back for orientation (hired) the next day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details I applied online at the website. I received a call about 3 days later for an interview that week. It turned out to be a group interview with 4 other people. He asked questions about how you sold an item before, if you think selling or customer service is more important. Basic stuff like that. I got pulled aside to speak to the other manager.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at this specific Express?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details Applied on-line and got a call back about two weeks later. Went in a couple days laters for my interview, the manager liked my personality and experience and was offered the job right on the spot. They said they would call with a orientation date, but after a week I called back to set it up. Went to the orientation and started within the next week.

Interview Question – Describe a situation with a unhappy customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got offered a good amount.

Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and called the manager a few days later. Went to the store and set up an interview. Met with assistant manager and had interview. The interview was quick and fairly standard. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you balance tasks, like straightening clothes and taking care of customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, pay was offered and hours were offered. No negotiation.

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express in January 2014.

Interview Details Less than formal interview process, I walked in and asked if they were hiring so they handed me an application and afterwards they asked if I had a few minutes and proceeded with the interview. Just asked the general interview questions, past experience, why I wanted to work there, etc...After a 10-15 minute interview I was asked when I could start.

Interview Question – Please tell me a time you resolved a customer dispute effectively.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details Sometimes if a manager is available, he or she will interview you right then and there, or sometimes they will call you to schedule and appointment when you can come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!