Express

2.1

205 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express in November 2012.

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Applied online, received a call for a group interview about a week later. I was with 2 others and asked basic questions such as previous work experience. Was told I would hear back in the next couple days but never got a call

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your previous job when you had to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

The interview was pretty low-key. The manager asked about my retail background and interests, as well as work-life balance and expectations for the job. He asked how I would handle different customer scenarios and what my objectives would be with each customer. I was interviewed with another potential employee, and we were both hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would report a fellow employee's dishonest actions- of course I would.   Answer Question
    I doubt that there's any potential for negotiation at Express.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question
    it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

The process was super easy - I applied on a Sunday night and was called Monday for an interview. After my interview, I was told they would call me in a week after checking references, but it was more like two weeks. After two weeks, they called me and formally offered me the job, and then I had orientation and started two days after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the woman who interviewed me immediately started talking about the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question