Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

195 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express in November 2012.

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

So at first i applied online and the next day i came into the store just to make my face seen and to have them remember me by something! they actually told me to come in that same day for an interview and they called me back 2 days later! it was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • i had no history in retail at all so all of the questions were tough for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express.

I had one interview who was looking for the "look" of express, now I guess I must be good looking enough to work there cus they want you to look good in their clothes.

Interview Questions
    • I started out not knowing anything, so they ask questions like how you work under stress and pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.