Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online - interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Sales/Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied via their website. About a week later, I received a phone call in which I had a mini interview (sort of like a screening process). I was told to come in for an interview 2 days after the phone call.

It was a group interview (5 other candidates) and lasted around 30-40 minutes. I was told that there was another round of interviews the hour before; I think the store was having a big hiring (so they can train/ do orientation together or something along those lines). We sat in a small room in their back office and just went around the circle, answering the managers' questions.

Questions asked:
    - Give us a little introduction about yourself.
    - Why do you want to work here?
    - How did you hear about this job?
    - What does customer service mean to you?
    - Tell me about a time where you received really great customer service.
    - Where do you see yourself (what position) when working at Express? (and why?)

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions came right out of the questions posted here on Glassdoor and Indeed.ca employee interview reviews (maybe 5-7 in total?).

I would say the most difficult questions was the very last one: Do you have any questions for me?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midtown Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Express.

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Express in November 2012.

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Went in today for an interview, arrived 30 minutes early. The interview took only about 10 mins, I was asked about previous work experience in retail. 10 mins later got a call to come to orientation from 5pm-9pm this coming Friday! Overall they are looking for friendly people who can work at a fast pace. I actually buy a lot from express so the hiring manager noticed my clothing, guess that helped out a little too. I went dressed in executive/formal clothing.

Interview Questions
    If you have no retail experience don't negotiate your salary. Everyone starts at $8:25, at least here in NJ.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

I applied online then like a week or so later I missed the first time they called me so they left me a voicemail message saying for me to call them back because they want to setup a interview me and so I called them back and my interview was later that same exact week and now right before my interview the mall fire alarm went off so that of course delayed things but as soon as I got into the store the manager who interviewed me wasn't ready at first so I just walked around the store for a bit then he told me that another manager had just called the store to speak with him and to give him 20 minutes and so I walked around the mall for 20 minutes and came back and was finally interviewed

Sales Associate With Fashion Expert Duties and Responsibilities Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express.

Fill out in store applications. Same day I did an in store trial run on the spot. I was placed in the fitting rooms to help customers. I customers in the fitting rooms, hung up a few garments on the fitting rack. I also attempted to put a few articles of clothing back in there respective places .lol. The store manager was watching me and taking note of my interaction with the customers. However I was unaware that she was a manager. I'm glad that i did not know because I probably would have been a nervous wreck:)

Interview Questions

I was offered an amount I made another offer than we meant in the middle. According to her she budged a little because I college educated although it was in unrelated field, she still took it into consideration. Normally people start off at minimum wadge according to her.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!