Express

Updated 18 Feb, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Sales/Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied via their website. About a week later, I received a phone call in which I had a mini interview (sort of like a screening process). I was told to come in for an interview 2 days after the phone call.

It was a group interview (5 other candidates) and lasted around 30-40 minutes. I was told that there was another round of interviews the hour before; I think the store was having a big hiring (so they can train/ do orientation together or something along those lines). We sat in a small room in their back office and just went around the circle, answering the managers' questions.

Questions asked:
    - Give us a little introduction about yourself.
    - Why do you want to work here?
    - How did you hear about this job?
    - What does customer service mean to you?
    - Tell me about a time where you received really great customer service.
    - Where do you see yourself (what position) when working at Express? (and why?)

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions came right out of the questions posted here on Glassdoor and Indeed.ca employee interview reviews (maybe 5-7 in total?).

I would say the most difficult questions was the very last one: Do you have any questions for me?

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express in November 2012.

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied for Express online and I got a call back within a week. I went to the interview and it wasn't anything like I was expecting. I had to look for the manager who made me wait. Usually when I got to interviews I am interviewed in the stock room or the back of the store. But the hiring manager interviewed me on the sales floor ! she was also talking to customers while interviewing me. it made me uncomfortable. I didnt even have to take off my coat. she also greeted me with a limp handshake. Overall, the experience was bad and unprofessional. it was a waste of time considering the interview probably only lasted about 2-3 minutes. 4 minutes max because she was talking to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.

Express Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

I got a call for a face to face interview. It was pretty easy just a few behavioral questions and past sales experiences. The manager asked me about 6 questions and was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • To mention a situation where i was asked to do something outside of my job description.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

I applied online. Online you filled out all of your previous work/education experience and answered some scenario questions. Got a call for an interview then had a group interview. They call your references.

Interview Questions
    She said she would call me on friday and I had to call the store to check in days later and she said I was chosen and it was min wage and if I would like to accept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in January 2015.

I applied in mid-december & was called back for an interview mid-january. it was a group interview with three other females. I was interviewed by one of the floor managers, she was really sweet but professional. asked basic questions. after the interview, I was called back after a week & a half with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when someone has gone out of their way to help you   Answer Question
    it would be dumb to decline unless you got another job in the process but you applied for a reason. they start you up probably at minimum of you haven't worked for a wage higher than that..