Express Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Sales/Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied via their website. About a week later, I received a phone call in which I had a mini interview (sort of like a screening process). I was told to come in for an interview 2 days after the phone call.

It was a group interview (5 other candidates) and lasted around 30-40 minutes. I was told that there was another round of interviews the hour before; I think the store was having a big hiring (so they can train/ do orientation together or something along those lines). We sat in a small room in their back office and just went around the circle, answering the managers' questions.

Questions asked:
    - Give us a little introduction about yourself.
    - Why do you want to work here?
    - How did you hear about this job?
    - What does customer service mean to you?
    - Tell me about a time where you received really great customer service.
    - Where do you see yourself (what position) when working at Express? (and why?)

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions came right out of the questions posted here on Glassdoor and Indeed.ca employee interview reviews (maybe 5-7 in total?).

I would say the most difficult questions was the very last one: Do you have any questions for me?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online and a month later got a call from their HR department. I think there was meant to be a phone interview but they just told me to go to the Express location and do my interview there with the managers. It ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favourite and least favourite part about your job in customer service before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Applied online. They called and set up an interview a week later. My interview was one week from the call. There were supposed to be five of us in the interview, but only two showed up including myself. I read every single interview question on GlassDoor which prepared me.

We went into the back room of the store and it was a 2:2 interview. (supposed to be 2:5). The interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes. The manager did almost all of the talking which was nice. It was very conversational. They were nice and they weren't trying to trip you up.

They make a point to comment on your clothing to see what you're wearing and why you're wearing it. Dress nicely, and wear something from Express!

At the end of the interview, they wanted 2-3 references so make sure you have them otherwise you look unprepared. They called my references within 24 hours. They gave me a call the 48 hours later and told me that i'd be starting in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Express in November 2012.

I applied for the job online and didn't hear back from the company for almost two months. When I did hear back, the SM e-mailed me at around 1am asking me if I was available for an interview that same day at 5pm. The interview was a group interview with about 6 other people. The questions were simple and easy, and the interview was over in about 45 minutes. I was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - they didn't even tell me my salary until I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied online, filled out an application, and the next day they called. Got a group interview with them the day of. Be yourself, answer truthfully. She just asked about me, how my customer service is. nothing out of the ordinary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question