Expedia Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
Updated 26 Sep, 2014

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Expedia.

First round of interview was with HR. General questions about experience, soft skill questions (greatest strength, weakness etc). Next was a skype technical interview: A few technical questions to answer such as the difference between using a hashtable and a dictionary, composition, etc. After the verbal questions was a coding question about compressing a string. After this interview is onsite interview around 6 people a bunch of developers and managers ask questions ranging from technical, agile and soft skill questions. Not chance to breath or take a break, it was intense. Lasted about 5 hours and was quite tough. Not much on data structures and algorithm questions mostly have to have a very strong understanding of JAVA.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about scrum?
      List as many collection types in java?
      whats the difference between a linked list and an array list?
      compare soap vs rest.
      Write a factorial recursive function
      Remove all duplicates from an array?
      Access modifiers for classes and interfaces.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Technical Operations Analyst Interview

Five interviews with different people: Manager, Human Resources, Director, Coworker. Each interview lasted 1 hour. In my case, I was in another country so we used Skype to communicate.

Interview Questions
    • I have been asked to play an intelligence game. It was unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview process was fairly fast but a bit heavy. There were 4 technical interviews and 1 HR. It turns out to be not too difficult as some questions are duplicated in all the interviews.

Negotiation was done through a recruiter and not a lot was negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

Very disorganized and unpleasant experience. Started quite standard with an initial phone screening and a conversation afterward with the hiring manager and the VP. Oddly they indicated to me that there were two other roles that I was being considered for that I did not apply to. By the end of both phone interviews (hiring manager and VP) I was told that they wanted to fly me out. Heard nothing from either or the recruiter for 3 weeks. Then received an email message from the recruiter that I was no longer in consideration but suggested I apply elsewhere. Total waste of time, I do not mind not being chosen but the "cone of silence" treatment for so long is unprofessional.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

phone screening interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interviews & skype interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the base salary slightly higher.

E-Commerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted the next day for a telephone interview. Met with hiring manager for 1hr interview 1 week later. Had a 5hr long interview with co-workers, manager and senior managers, 1hr with each person. Then met with GM for 1hr after 2 weeks. Received an offer but declined. The process went extremely smooth, the HR recruiter was very professional and one of the best I ever dealt with. All the managers and team members were extremely friendly and cool.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your experience as it relates to e-commerce   Answer Question
    • What's your ethnic background and where did you come to Canada from?   Answer Question

Final salary that was offered was $5000 less than I had quoted to the HR recruiter. I was disappointed that a company that portrays itself as such a cool and progressive environment would undercut me lie this. Another reason why I rejected the job was that two of the interviewers asked me discriminatory questions about my race, religion and place of origin. That gave me a negative image of those employees and company.

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

The hiring and interview process was unique. It was fast, respectful, and easy. I applied through and online advertisement, and withing a few days was contacted by a recruiter asking for a little more information. I submitted a day later, and was then contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told I would hear back regarding a possible online assessment within a week, but got it a few hours later. Filled it out, it was typical behavioral/personality questions followed by a short skills assessment in basic algebra and vocabulary. A few days later I was contacted again to schedule a day of interviews including two onsite and two conference calls. The recruiter was very helpful in making sure they could schedule a time that worked well for me. All the people I met and talked to were friendly, and we had some great Q&A going back and forth about the job. At the end of the last interview, they let me know it would be about a week to hear back. Two days later I received an offer.

The offer I received was very good, no negotiations necessary.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

There was a tech question at the career fair, and then an onsite interview which includes three rounds. The first round was a brain teaser interview. The second round was a recursive programming question. The third round was questions on objective programming.

Interview Questions
    • Please design a object class of anything in the real world.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

I was invited to the drive. Had 1 round F2F.

Interview Process

Questions were :

1) Find if a string is rotation of another string ex. abcd , dabc is rotation of abcd
    2) Find min distance between two character in a string ex. a x c a e r r a d e min dis between a and e is 1

Interviewer was good . He asked me to describe first approach and then write neat code for both problems. He was not in hurry and gave me sufficient time to think the approach and write code.

Market Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

Sent in a resume for a pre screen through a college recruiting site. Had a phone interview and in an person interview within 24 hours of each other. The interview was very good. The person conducting the interview was kind and laid back. I felt immersed in the culture of the company and comfortable to answer questions in an honest way.

Interview Questions
    • "Being such a strong leader, do you think you will get bored with our company as a follower?"   Answer Question

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!