Expedia

Updated 17 Nov, 2014
Updated 17 Nov, 2014

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

First round of interview was with HR. General questions about experience, soft skill questions (greatest strength, weakness etc). Next was a skype technical interview: A few technical questions to answer such as the difference between using a hashtable and a dictionary, composition, etc. After the verbal questions was a coding question about compressing a string. After this interview is onsite interview around 6 people a bunch of developers and managers ask questions ranging from technical, agile and soft skill questions. Not chance to breath or take a break, it was intense. Lasted about 5 hours and was quite tough. Not much on data structures and algorithm questions mostly have to have a very strong understanding of JAVA.

Interview Questions
    • What do you not like about scrum?
      List as many collection types in java?
      whats the difference between a linked list and an array list?
      compare soap vs rest.
      Write a factorial recursive function
      Remove all duplicates from an array?
      Access modifiers for classes and interfaces.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Technical Operations Analyst Interview

Five interviews with different people: Manager, Human Resources, Director, Coworker. Each interview lasted 1 hour. In my case, I was in another country so we used Skype to communicate.

Interview Questions
    • I have been asked to play an intelligence game. It was unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Interview process was fairly fast but a bit heavy. There were 4 technical interviews and 1 HR. It turns out to be not too difficult as some questions are duplicated in all the interviews.

Negotiation was done through a recruiter and not a lot was negotiable.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in May 2014.

I got approached by senior recruiter from Bellevue for the job in Montreal. 2 telephone and 3 in person interviews later I as onboard! Expedia does select its candidates carefully which contributes to the quality of environment.

Interview Questions
    • Considering that it's a Dev I position, I didn't get any big surprises during the interview. However I've heard that for higher positions it can be pretty tough on the technical side.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was pretty short in my case. The initial offer was above my expectation so I just went for it. I did notify the HR and the hiring manager of upcoming vacation that was already planned and they had no problem with me taking 2 weeks within first 2 months of employment.

Program Manager Interview

Very disorganized and unpleasant experience. Started quite standard with an initial phone screening and a conversation afterward with the hiring manager and the VP. Oddly they indicated to me that there were two other roles that I was being considered for that I did not apply to. By the end of both phone interviews (hiring manager and VP) I was told that they wanted to fly me out. Heard nothing from either or the recruiter for 3 weeks. Then received an email message from the recruiter that I was no longer in consideration but suggested I apply elsewhere. Total waste of time, I do not mind not being chosen but the "cone of silence" treatment for so long is unprofessional.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

phone screening interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interviews & skype interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the base salary slightly higher.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in October 2012.

I applied online, to an interview located at a job fair. It was a first round interview, with 30 minutes allotted time to speak with a person in management. The whole process was pretty straight forward, with the majority of the time spent in behavioural interview questions. Mostly very broad questions that focused on soft skills that would be applicable to the company/position.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you bring from your degree to the job?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted the next day for a telephone interview. Met with hiring manager for 1hr interview 1 week later. Had a 5hr long interview with co-workers, manager and senior managers, 1hr with each person. Then met with GM for 1hr after 2 weeks. Received an offer but declined. The process went extremely smooth, the HR recruiter was very professional and one of the best I ever dealt with. All the managers and team members were extremely friendly and cool.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your experience as it relates to e-commerce   Answer Question
    • What's your ethnic background and where did you come to Canada from?   Answer Question

Final salary that was offered was $5000 less than I had quoted to the HR recruiter. I was disappointed that a company that portrays itself as such a cool and progressive environment would undercut me lie this. Another reason why I rejected the job was that two of the interviewers asked me discriminatory questions about my race, religion and place of origin. That gave me a negative image of those employees and company.

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume at school's career fair then get a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked 3 technique questions. The second one was online coding. Then got response the evening.

Interview Questions
    • Asked three questions.
      1. Find the intersection of two array of integers.
      2. shuffle an array
      3. Pros and Cons of multiple inheritance.
        Answer Question

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

I applied on-line and within days, I got an e-mail asking for a phone number to discuss my skills. We set up time and date, but the member of HR team never called back. I lost 90 minutes waiting. I still did not receive e-mail or a call to postpone or cancel the appointment.