Expedia Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
292 interviews

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview process was fairly fast but a bit heavy. There were 4 technical interviews and 1 HR. It turns out to be not too difficult as some questions are duplicated in all the interviews.

Negotiation was done through a recruiter and not a lot was negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

Very disorganized and unpleasant experience. Started quite standard with an initial phone screening and a conversation afterward with the hiring manager and the VP. Oddly they indicated to me that there were two other roles that I was being considered for that I did not apply to. By the end of both phone interviews (hiring manager and VP) I was told that they wanted to fly me out. Heard nothing from either or the recruiter for 3 weeks. Then received an email message from the recruiter that I was no longer in consideration but suggested I apply elsewhere. Total waste of time, I do not mind not being chosen but the "cone of silence" treatment for so long is unprofessional.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

phone screening interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interviews & skype interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the base salary slightly higher.

E-Commerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted the next day for a telephone interview. Met with hiring manager for 1hr interview 1 week later. Had a 5hr long interview with co-workers, manager and senior managers, 1hr with each person. Then met with GM for 1hr after 2 weeks. Received an offer but declined. The process went extremely smooth, the HR recruiter was very professional and one of the best I ever dealt with. All the managers and team members were extremely friendly and cool.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your experience as it relates to e-commerce   Answer Question
    • What's your ethnic background and where did you come to Canada from?   Answer Question

Final salary that was offered was $5000 less than I had quoted to the HR recruiter. I was disappointed that a company that portrays itself as such a cool and progressive environment would undercut me lie this. Another reason why I rejected the job was that two of the interviewers asked me discriminatory questions about my race, religion and place of origin. That gave me a negative image of those employees and company.

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Expedia.

They requested for a phone interview a few days after i applied. The phone interview was dry and very much like a question answer session vs. a conversation. Made it feel like there were thousands of other applicants and i wasnt important

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions such as long term career plan, why expedia, etc nothing interesting, pretty boring interview :(   Answer Question

Didnt want to be part of an organization that hires people in such a weak manner. They didnt care about me in the interview, only cared about the questions they had so i figured that even if i was to join they wouldnt care about me so whats the point?

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

the first round was an online written test having verbal+quant+LR+tech objective ques+2 coding questions.the test was not very tough.after this they shortlisted some 30 students who then had 2 tech interviews followed by 1 and 2 for some HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such but try to convince them with your answers   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

Process took a little over 4 weeks. Had an intial call with the recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with one of the engineers. Simple straight forward online coding on collabedit-like-environment. Led to an onsite call.

Onsite interview was a little different than the others . Did pretty well and interacted with the team . But sadly no offer was given or any feedback regarding how the interview went too.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected . Although it was pretty challenging. Signed an NDA so cannot disclose more details   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

I was contacted via an Expedia recruiter asking if I was open and looking for new opportunities. I said yes, and we got the ball rolling.

Phone Screen:
    The first was a technical phone screen, nothing new here. I was asked about things on my resume for the first 30 minutes and then had a technical question for the last 30 minutes.

I got a callback the next morning asking for an on campus interview. The recruiter and I emailed back and forth and scheduled an interview for the next week. A recruiting coordinator emailed me to confirm and gave me a schedule of who I was interviewing with and the times.

On Campus Interview:
    I was scheduled for 5 different interviews back to back. When I arrived and checked in, I was given a packet with my interview schedule and nice articles about what a great company Expedia is. I hadn't noticed until later that my list of interviewers had slightly changed (will be relevant later).

First and second interviewer were normal, asking me about my resume and then there were some technical questions.

My third interviewer was 30 minutes, (he wasn't on my original interviewer list so I assumed he got the notice last minute), but because of that it pushed my next interviews shorter and later as well. I believe since this interviewer wasn't prepared he gave me a technical problem that I thought was a little hard for a technical interview. (String permutation, I have made additional comments below about it).

The fourth and fifth interviews went as normal as they could after.

My fifth interviewer had told me I would receive a response within 3 days, unfortunately (as I expected), I had not heard anything in a week. It was only after I had emailed the recruiter again that she got back to me, saying that it was a no.

Interview Questions
    • Find all the permutations of a string.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

Applied through the college and it took 2 days. The first round was the written test which consists of the aptitude,technical(C,Data Structures,Os), Logical Reasoning and Coding section also(2 questions were there).From around 150+ students 30 got selected for the interview process. 3 rounds of interview followed by HR. Mainly focus on data structures like right view of BST, one question on array ,semaphores,Heap etc.

Revenue Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

I was contacted by email 3/21/12 by a recruiter about the Revenue Specialist position I applied online for in order to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter gave me a list of nine questions to answer like contact information, salary expectations, what are your greatest strengths, what makes me a good match for this role along with sending an updated resume/cover letter. On 3/22 I replied to the email with all the requested information. On 3/24 I was leaving out of the country without cell service for the entire following week. When I returned I emailed the recruiter verifying she received my information and making sure I didn’t miss any contact attempts she may have made. Then I received an automatic response stating her last day for Expedia was 3/23 and there was a new point of contact. I was thinking why would you have a recruiter start the interviewing process that was leaving the company in a couple days but I set my concerns aside and emailed the new recruiter.

I contacted the new recruiter and he sent me the same email the initial recruiter sent me with the 9 questions. I was curious on why the new recruiter did not get all the information on the candidates from the previous recruiter. It wasn’t a big deal, and I forwarded my answers to him that same day. A week and a half went by and I emailed the recruiter to verify he received my email. He responded he received everything and he is “sorting out things”. I never heard from Expedia again.

Maybe I got interviewed at a hectic time but my experience with Expedia was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but then again I only got the prescreening questions before the phone interview.

What makes you an effective team member?
        Answer Question

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!