Expedia

283 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details Interview process was fairly fast but a bit heavy. There were 4 technical interviews and 1 HR. It turns out to be not too difficult as some questions are duplicated in all the interviews.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done through a recruiter and not a lot was negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details Very disorganized and unpleasant experience. Started quite standard with an initial phone screening and a conversation afterward with the hiring manager and the VP. Oddly they indicated to me that there were two other roles that I was being considered for that I did not apply to. By the end of both phone interviews (hiring manager and VP) I was told that they wanted to fly me out. Heard nothing from either or the recruiter for 3 weeks. Then received an email message from the recruiter that I was no longer in consideration but suggested I apply elsewhere. Total waste of time, I do not mind not being chosen but the "cone of silence" treatment for so long is unprofessional.

Interview Question – Out of three what role would you choose?   Answer Question

Associate Market Manager Interview

Associate Market Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details phone screening interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interviews & skype interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the base salary slightly higher.

Very Easy Interview

E-Commerce Analyst Interview

E-Commerce Analyst
Toronto, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Interview Details Applied online. Was contacted the next day for a telephone interview. Met with hiring manager for 1hr interview 1 week later. Had a 5hr long interview with co-workers, manager and senior managers, 1hr with each person. Then met with GM for 1hr after 2 weeks. Received an offer but declined. The process went extremely smooth, the HR recruiter was very professional and one of the best I ever dealt with. All the managers and team members were extremely friendly and cool.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Final salary that was offered was $5000 less than I had quoted to the HR recruiter. I was disappointed that a company that portrays itself as such a cool and progressive environment would undercut me lie this. Another reason why I rejected the job was that two of the interviewers asked me discriminatory questions about my race, religion and place of origin. That gave me a negative image of those employees and company.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Strategy Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details The HR called me and said my salary expectation is high. So, I said, "Ok, as long as the company provides growth opportunities within the company, I am interested in the position". She told me, "We are not interested in hiring someone that has an eye on the next level"!! This is the first time a HR personnel has told me that looking to grow within the company for the long term is not right!!

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia in November 2010.

Interview Details Quite a long process. I had 4 interviews in total, the last one was a panel interview. The people who interviewed me were friendly but at the same time they probed my CV and experiences in-depth. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – In my panel interview I was asked questions about the business case I presented and questioned about my assumptions and numerical skills, despite the fact I was told in the brief that I did not have to worry about the accuracy of the numbers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotatiated the base salary. Never accept the first offer. When I got promoted I had to push for a salary increase as well. You need to know your value, as Expedia will try and pay as little as possible if they can.

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online - interviewed at Expedia in April 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by HR for an interview over the phone (no previous contact to arrange a time and a date, but an out-of-the-blue phone call with generic questions about my previous position). Then I was invited for an in-person meeting at their office. When I got there I found out that the lady who was supposed to interview me was off sick, but nobody had informed me! My interview was then rescheduled with the above mentioned lady and two other people. One of them used the STAR technique. He was a bit irritating I have to say, not too sure what he was trying to achieve there. Never heard back from any of them again, got no feedback whatsoever. Politeness, communication, organization and kindness def not their best qualities!

Interview Question – it was a series of questions like "what would you do if your colleague didn't want to do his job/give you the info you need/support"   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through their website ,Got call from the recruiter and arranged the phone screening. The questions were standard coding and database questions and hiring manager set me up for onsite interview. Had 5 1:1 interviews and it was of average difficulty with no breaks inbetween. Was asked to code on board even during lunch interview. Most of the interviewers started working on their laptop when I was writing code on board.

Interview Question – 1. Reverse a string.
2. Remove duplicates in a string.
3. Lots of queries involving JOINs.
4. Given 2 integer arrays, find common elements.
  Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in May 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. I had a phone screen interview and then called onsite for four one-one interview. The interviews was very simple. all related to Java and web concepts and few white board questions. I had interviewed with 4 different teams.
One of the interviewer was very friendly, he made sure that I was comfortable and if I had to take a break. On the other side.
one other interviewer was asking me strange questions, I am not sure if he was prepared with all the questions. While I was answering the questions,he was doing some work on his laptop(I am sure not related to the interview). His questions were unconventional and he was himself was not sure what he wants to ask.
The other two interviews were simple and nothing out of the box questions were asked.

Interview Question – There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Fraud Analyst

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details I applied for a Tax Analyst position to get my foot in the door, but a recruiter contacted me about a Fraud Analyst position several weeks later. I filled out a candidate information form that was forwarded to hiring manager. 1-2 weeks later, a hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview, which was very conversational, and she primarily explained the job. This is a screen to determine if they want to administer an online assessment, which I took the next day. This tests your behavior, math skills, and vocab skills. Then, I was called in for an interview, which consisted of 4 45-minute long interviews with various people within the fraud department.

The first was with a senior analyst, who wanted to determine how analytical I was. I was given a couple transaction examples and was asked what I thought about each. I just told him what I thought stood out about each and why.

The next 3 were with managers and supervisors within the department. They all asked similar questions (to which I gave the same answers 2-3 times) pertaining to behavior and experiences. Honesty is greatly appreciated as opposed to what you think they want to hear. Each interviewer was very friendly, and would help clarify questions that were unclear (I even had the opportunity to correct or alter some of my answers).

I was told I would be given my results in a week, but they contacted me the next day to offer the job. At this point, I am still considering the offer, so I have selected the option "Yes, but I declined" so that this post will go through, although I have not yet decided to accept or decline it.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any credit card data you wanted to conduct analyses on, what would you want and why?   Answer Question
  • What is the key to successful customer service, and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not yet made an official decision at this time.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!