Evalueserve

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Associate In Intellectual Property Interview

Senior Research Associate In Intellectual Property

I applied online - interviewed at Evalueserve in December 2010.

Interview Details Applied as a fresher so they mostly asked regarding project I did in college, also there were some puzzle questions during the interview. Also being asked related to hobby and about relocation to Gurgaon

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed at Evalueserve in December 2013.

Interview Details Totally horrendous. Even the interviewer didn't know about his subject. The worst hiring process I have ever come across. This company is full of incompetent people. And the people who are competent they tend to move out.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Evalueserve in May 2013.

Interview Details It was a campus hiring. The process took 1 day and it was a pool campus.
First there was an aptitude test on CAT pattern.
Then second round was a group discussion which took around 20 minutes and 10 candidates per group.
Then there were 2 rounds of interview and the questions were mostly based on case studies and scenarios.
Questions on the internships and previous projects handled by the candidate.

Interview Question – If there was no Physics, how would you find the weight of the Earth?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Evalueserve in April 2010.

Interview Details First telephonic interview of VBA macros and then 3 rounds of interview.
First one written - general GMAT English and math.
I had applied for Business Research (BR), but during my second round of interview, they suggested that I should apply for Investment Research (IR).
In third round with IR, I was interviewed by a manager who asked me general CFA Level 1 questions and was happy to know that I was preparing for it.

Interview Question – Balance Sheet accounting practices details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 450k. I asked for 480 saying that most of my friends are getting 500k for 0-1 years experience. They increased my offer to 475k.

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Evalueserve in May 2014.

Interview Details at first they contact me by phone and then they ask me to have an interview at the next day. the interview process took 2 hour with 1 hour of financial test and english test. then another hour of interview with the hr department. then i have to wait for a month until they contact me again to have an interview with the manager.

Interview Question – they give me a study case to research a company and find all the necessary information by using the internet. they give me a week to do the case study   Answer Question

Mohali, Punjab (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Evalueserve in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview is easy and tricky a bit. I was asked about my project allot and than followed by two guesstimate question.

First was how to cut a cake in 3 chance to get 8 pieces ?

Second was how to estimate total number of theatres in a city for me its mohali.

one need to be calm n cool and fluent.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed at Evalueserve in November 2012.

Interview Details PLEASANT INTERVIEW. STANDARD INVESTMENT BANKING QUESTIONS. MARKET CAP, RATIO ANALYSES FOR BANK LOANS, STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES. FOUR ROUNDS OF INTERVIEW. written test followed by three one on one interviews.

Interview Question – HOW WILL YOU LOOK FOR ACQUIRERS FOR YOUR CA FIRM   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Evalueserve in March 2014.

Interview Details There was a written round comprising of 4 sections (quant, verbal, logical resoning, and critical reasoning), followed by 2-3 rounds of interview. The interviews had technical questions and also guess estimates and puzzles.

Interview Question – How many people you think would go to a club on a Friday night in Delhi?   Answer Question

Japanese Business Analyst (Shanghai) Interview

Japanese Business Analyst (Shanghai)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Evalueserve in June 2011.

Interview Details Extremely long interview process; took about three hours even though they did not tell me prior that it would take such a long amount of time (good thing I had no plans afterwards).

They will bring you into a room and HR will have you fill out some paperwork. After talking for you a bit, she will give you a language test to complete in English and Japanese (or Korean, Thai, etc.. whatever your foreign language is). They usually have you write on a topic that is semi-difficult, such as "tell us how globalization is changing our world" or "how do you think the economy will fare in the next few years?" Since I'm a native English speaker and can't actually WRITE kanji off the top of my head (typing is ok), I asked if using my smartphone dictionary was ok and the HR staff had no problems with that.

Afterwards they invite the manager in and he/she will ask about your background, career goals, why you want to work there, etc... They will ask you typical consulting questions, like how would you find the cheapest manufactured lampshade? How would you recommend a cab driver to take the most profitable route in Shanghai? etc..

Interview Question – They asked me how many lampposts there were in Salt Lake City. I was completely stumped, but after a while the manager said: "we just want to hear how you would come to this conclusion--that's the main point. The end result isn't as vital. We just want a ballpark figure." I wasn't expecting this on my first interview, but get ready to answer something similar.

Since they were hiring a Japanese speaker for a particular client, I had one follow up phone call with the client. However, Evalueserve did not tell me it was their client and merely masked the phone interview as 'interview round 2.' It wasn't until later I found out that the people interviewing me on the phone were a part of a huge internet company and they wanted me for a phone project--thus testing my Japanese on the phone.

I was really displeased with the interview because:

1. They had me wait quite a long time. What was a 3 1/2 hour interview could have been 2 1/2 hours, but they kept me waiting in a small room for a very long amount of time. Did not offer me water, tea, etc.. After working in Japan before I thought that was quite rude.

2. I was not told a time frame for the interview and had no idea it was going to last 3+ hours, would have been nice to get a memo on that beforehand
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Evalueserve in December 2013.

Interview Details Aptitude Test (Above Average), Two Round Interview.First round was a bit stress interview in my case. My stress handling nature was checked. First round Interview lasted for around 40 minutes and then 2nd round Interview took place on the same day and it was a bit easy and it was a cakewalk. I was recruited from campus placements.

Interview Question – What is the difference between me and any other private college guy? (As I was an IIT graduate)   Answer Question

Worked for Evalueserve? Contribute to the Community!