Essilor of America

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview Details Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Computer Operator Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in December 2009.

Interview Details Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically took what the position offered.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Interview Details Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Question – Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview Details This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Question – Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview Details I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Question – They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Associate Director Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Interview Details One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Interview Question – Basic questions for interview process.   Answer Question

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Marketing Research Analyst

Interviewed at Essilor of America

Interview Details 3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Interview Question – Using an animal to describe you.   Answer Question

Learning Solutions Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in May 2008.

Interview Details There were three steps in the interviewing process which consisted of a phone interview with the Customer Service Manager then 4 days later I was called into the facility to have a one on one interview with the Area General Manager. One week later I was brought in to interview one on one with the Regional Customer Service Manager.

Interview Questions

• What are other job possibilities for you and how do you feel about each one?   Answer Question
  • Describe your ideal position, and what makes it ideal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would recomend to feel out the interviewer especially if there are many candidates, you may want to consider negotiating at your 90 day review.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2012.

Interview Details 1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Schedule interview by another recruiter. 3) Personality test. 4) Face to face interview with hiring manager and HR 5) Last 2nd round face to face interview with hiring manager and area manager.6) After 3-weeks I am still waiting for a call for a Y/N response, very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an employee that refuses to follow your instructions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Essilor of America interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Essilor of America employees and interview candidates.