Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2014.

Asked about my CV and Projects i wrote about in my CV,

Asked about my previous internships in detail and my thesis's technical details in detail

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2014.

Questions on work experience, past projects and software design methodologies. The work environment you wanna work in (team or alone)? Advantages and disadvantages of agile methodologies and some behavioural questions.

Software Engineer Interview

contacted by school coop office. 1.5 hr phone interview + 45 min coding test

C++ Software Developer Interview

A very straightforward process. Two people were interviewing, two hiring managers. Both asked fair but important questions. The general air and and attitude was great, both interviewers were friendly and polite.

Questions were a blend of technical plus non-technical.
    For instance
    -Tell us a bit about yourself.
    -Tell us a little about your last job, what were your duties and tasks ?
    -Any difficulties you had in your last job ?

The technical questions covered the basic stuff:
    -Object-Oriented Programming, some C++ basics (Difference between a pointer and a reference), multi inheritance vs single inheritance, etc.
    -They also asked to name 5 different data structures (they could have elaborated on this as well).
    -What is your favorite programming language and why ?
    -What is the largest or most interesting project you worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too expected but they asked some OOP basics like difference between multi inheritance and single inheritance, examples of that, provide the architecture in terms of classes and attributes to a university/school system (i.e. Student, Course, etc.).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2013.

First submit your resume through coop system of your university. Then Ericsson compose a shortlist for interview. The interview is a one-round interview, through Skype. The questions asked list as follows

1 Talk something about Ericsson Canada
    2 Your career plan
    3 C programming related questions
    4 TCP/IP related questions
    5 online C programming, about struct linked list and decide whether the most frequent element in a array shows more than half times.
    6 Other comments about previous questions that unable to be answered.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

There was a one hour technical interview with a panel of 3 people and a senior manager. They mainly asked about java and object oriented programming languages. The second half was about my past co-op experience as a software developer and how I contributed in the previous job. Asked about my interests in the field and explained the project they were working on.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2013.

first interview is the phone technical interview and the second one is the face to face interview with senior technical expert in the team and the manager of the team and the third one also the last one is the HR interview.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2010.

Only 1 interview as this is an internship position, panel interview with 2 interviewers. Most questions are of technical nature, mostly regarding Object-Oriented design. Work culture tends to be more isolated than social, which can help focusing on difficult tasks. Uses Agile methodologies so work is done by small teams.

Interview Questions
    • differences between class and object, abstract class and interface, override and overload   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

I had to go through two interviews. First with my manager and a HR representative. There were lots of behavioral type of questions in the interview. It lasted about one and a half hours. Once passed the first interview, a second interview was called with the Finance Director. It was not so difficult. FD was convinced once he understood my interest to work for the company and my skills to be successful in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you were not in agreement with your line manager, and what did you do?   View Answer
    Two things I have negotiated for once I received the offer later- a) Joining date (I wanted to join bit late as I needed few more time to comply with my notice period); and b) Increase of base salary.

They agreed with my 1st negotiation, but there were no room for them to increase the base as I was offered the maximum of their budget for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Got invited for an interview through the career center in school. Very straightforward interview with three engineers for about 50 minutes. Some coding on whiteboard, some boolean algebra, some details about Java.