Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
Updated 27 Oct, 2014

2.8

Co-Op Interview

The majority of the interview was focused on technical aspects of the job. They had a list of questions to ask each focused on a technical skill or piece of knowledge they would like the applicant to know. The posting was for an engineering-related co-op posting so they asked questions mostly on embedded programming and related topics.

Embedded Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Interview was entirely technical. Was expecting to be asked some behavioural questions but it was all programming. Was asked questions about binary numbers, networking protocols (ie. TCP, DNS, ARP, HTTP). Spent a lot of time on C questions involving pointers.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to define complex C expressions such as function pointers and pointers to pointers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2014.

I deliver my resume on the School recruitment and then, after one week they gave me e-mail, asked me to interview. Two specialist asked me some questions about my projects.

RF Amplifier Interview

It is one hour interview. There are two people interview me. It ask 5-6 technique questions and some general questions together. Such as what you expect about your salary?

Solution Integrator Interview

They interviewed on phone then on the premises. In on site interview they asked easy technical questions but many of the questions were from non-technical points. Interview stayed for an hour. This company gives importance to the more experienced person.

Product Developer/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2014.

I applied through online job advertisement on their website for misssisauga location and they contacted me for onsite assessment test. I went there and they asked me to write a test on paper. they have test prepared for each position.

Interview Questions
    • The test is supposed to be one hour but it is hard if you don't know Java. I struggled through coding questions related to stack in Java, Heiarchical Tree Node implementation and SQL queries comparing to two different tables with date constraints.   Answer Question

Hardware RF Testing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

it is a phone interview with two hardware department managers, very short only 20 minutes. All the questions are behaviour questions.
    Tell me about your self.
    What school project are you working on and what is your role?
    what do you like to do?
    How do you know Ericsson?
    Some basic telecommunication knowledge.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2014.

First round: in-campus information session (mainly talking to the team describing the stuff on your cv)
    Second round: technical interview, asking you to describe a team project you were involved. what is your role , how did you work with others
    Third round: behavioral interview, talking with the manager, why do you choose ercisson, what is their culture, etc.

Interview Questions
    • even for the technical interview, there is not much technical coding part related, basically they just want you to brief express the structure of the stuff you worked on   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

One interview in person, both technical and soft questions.

Customer Support Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Apply online.
    Receive initial call from HR.
    Meet management for Interview.
    If accepted they will call you for references.
    If references check out, they will complete background check.
    Background check complete, they will send you an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with customer service. How well you are at multi-tasking.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.