Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
Updated 26 Sep, 2014

2.8

RF Amplifier Interview

It is one hour interview. There are two people interview me. It ask 5-6 technique questions and some general questions together. Such as what you expect about your salary?

Solution Integrator Interview

They interviewed on phone then on the premises. In on site interview they asked easy technical questions but many of the questions were from non-technical points. Interview stayed for an hour. This company gives importance to the more experienced person.

Product Developer/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2014.

I applied through online job advertisement on their website for misssisauga location and they contacted me for onsite assessment test. I went there and they asked me to write a test on paper. they have test prepared for each position.

Interview Questions
    • The test is supposed to be one hour but it is hard if you don't know Java. I struggled through coding questions related to stack in Java, Heiarchical Tree Node implementation and SQL queries comparing to two different tables with date constraints.   Answer Question

Hardware RF Testing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

it is a phone interview with two hardware department managers, very short only 20 minutes. All the questions are behaviour questions.
    Tell me about your self.
    What school project are you working on and what is your role?
    what do you like to do?
    How do you know Ericsson?
    Some basic telecommunication knowledge.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2014.

First round: in-campus information session (mainly talking to the team describing the stuff on your cv)
    Second round: technical interview, asking you to describe a team project you were involved. what is your role , how did you work with others
    Third round: behavioral interview, talking with the manager, why do you choose ercisson, what is their culture, etc.

Interview Questions
    • even for the technical interview, there is not much technical coding part related, basically they just want you to brief express the structure of the stuff you worked on   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

One interview in person, both technical and soft questions.

Customer Support Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Apply online.
    Receive initial call from HR.
    Meet management for Interview.
    If accepted they will call you for references.
    If references check out, they will complete background check.
    Background check complete, they will send you an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with customer service. How well you are at multi-tasking.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Integrator Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in March 2014.

I applied via my school portal. I got a phone interview. The interview was barely technical. They talked to me a lot about their project and what they do. The problem was they were desperate for anyone to apply because it was a 12-month internship and people usually try to avoid those.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. But based on my research I know Ericsson asks a lot of Java.   Answer Question

It was a 12 month internship, I was looking for a shorter term thing.

Software Engineer Interview

contacted by school coop office. 1.5 hr phone interview + 45 min coding test

C++ Software Developer Interview

A very straightforward process. Two people were interviewing, two hiring managers. Both asked fair but important questions. The general air and and attitude was great, both interviewers were friendly and polite.

Questions were a blend of technical plus non-technical.
    For instance
    -Tell us a bit about yourself.
    -Tell us a little about your last job, what were your duties and tasks ?
    -Any difficulties you had in your last job ?

The technical questions covered the basic stuff:
    -Object-Oriented Programming, some C++ basics (Difference between a pointer and a reference), multi inheritance vs single inheritance, etc.
    -They also asked to name 5 different data structures (they could have elaborated on this as well).
    -What is your favorite programming language and why ?
    -What is the largest or most interesting project you worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too expected but they asked some OOP basics like difference between multi inheritance and single inheritance, examples of that, provide the architecture in terms of classes and attributes to a university/school system (i.e. Student, Course, etc.).   Answer Question

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!