Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Manager Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Applied online for a opening position, come to find out they are constantly hiring for Sales Manager Trainees. I've heard it was a great training program and something you can really start off learning about management.

I had a quick phone interview, then 3 in-person interviews all relatively quickly. The second interview also included an hour of shadowing around a local branch getting a feel for it.

The last interview was with the district manager, which was overall a good experience. Interestingly they don't share things from each interview until the whole process is completed. So you end up answering a lot of the same basic interview questions more than once.

I quickly noticed that most people don't stick around this job that often, and most people give it a little bit of time and move on to a career they actually want with the experience they gain from enterprise. The branches were filled with young people fresh out of college, so I assumed the turn-over rate must be high.

They offered me the position, but declined it for several reasons. The pay isn't that great, its ends up being only around $35K because your working 48 a week on a hourly wage. I'd have no little to no social life, and couldn't see myself renting cars everyday to only put the position on my resume.

Overall great interviewing process, definitely helped me learn more about the company. People were super friendly and was overall a good experience.

Definitely recommend people at least applying and going to the interviews for the experience.

Interview Questions
  • Wasn't anything out of the ordinary, they like to know what other places your looking at getting hired.   Answer Question

I had potential other offers, and was still interviewing with other larger companies that would be offering more salary. Felt rushed through the process like a conveyer belt, and couldn't see myself renting cars.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

phone interview hr Interview area manager interview and then regional manager interiew

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

They first called me and gave me some details about the position and asked me why I had left my previous job. Then they asked to me to come to their corporate office for an interview. After the interview they said they would contact me in a week to possibly set up two more interviews with local managers. During the interview they asked about the following: a time I was in a leadership role, a time I sold something to someone that wasn't interested and what objections did I overcome, and what methods do I use to measure my performance?

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a leadership role answer prepared.   View Answer

have a feeling its not that great of a position

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

I filled out an application online and was called back the very next day. I had three interviews, all very difficult. The first one was a phone interview, the second was a face-to-face with area manager and branch manager, third was with regional area manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the saying, The customer is always right?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2011.

The interview process was very fast for me. I applied online and the same day received a phone call to come in and interview. After the first interview, I was sent for another with the branch manager and area manager. The interview was very short and straight and to the point and before I interviewed I observed the branch for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever been in a position you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was your response?   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!