Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

The interview process is quite the experience, I had three phases, other MT's have said that they have had four. I simply went online submitted my resume and received a email from a recruiter about a week later. We set up an interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes, they were mostly questions about my resume and transcript, since I had no real work experience because I just graduated. To me it was a thorough info session of the job description and history of the company. Of course I made a great impression and was referred to a second interview with a branch manager and area manager(district manager).

You arrive at the Enterprise location, where you shadow for about 1-1 1/2hr with an assistant manager or experienced MT. You ask questions and observe, it's nice because you physically get to see what you may be doing. After you shadow then you interview with the managers, they ask you a TON of questions and most are scenario based. So be prepared to provide SPECIFIC examples or be a really quick thinker! Depending on how much they like to talk you can be in their for awhile like me. I was at the branch for about 3hrs!! The lengthy interview sort of turned me off at first then I received a call from saying they would like me to meet with the regional vice president.

When you get to this phase of the interview you've pretty much got the job. You meet with the big boss to give them a little information about your background and why your interested in working for Enterprise. They usually tell you about their career path and how they've gotten to where they're at. This phase was really short about 30 minutes for me. Some are offered a position right then and others aren't like me. For about two days I was in limbo as to not knowing if I received the job or not. Then I received an offer and I accepted. Some advice I would give is be prepared to rebuttal they will give you scenarios during the interview, show how you previously provided great service. This is a service based company and customers are always right! They also look to see if you fit in with the company's culture, most are young recent grads like myself and are laid back. Dress professionally, a suit of course, show your eagerness to learn, have energy and express a huge warming personality!!

Interview Questions

• How did you ensure your customers received value from a product?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Romulus, MI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a short phone interview with recruiter and she asked to have an in-person interview. Interview took about 30 minutes, she asked basic questions like why I wanted to work for Enterprise and why I was interested in the Sales Management Trainee position. All of questions on experience with customer service and doing things you don't want to do at work. Still waiting to hear back from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a competitive environment.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got an email from the Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule a phone screening interview. The phone interview took place the following week. At the end of our conversation, I asked what the next step would be in the process and we scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. I met at the Area HQ with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and had a great conversation. I was contacted the next day to schedule the second interview with the Area Manager and again had another great conversation. The following day I got a call from the TAS to set up my final interview with the Branch Manager. When I arrived, I was told that a second Branch Manager would be joining us. Both of them made me feel very comfortable and relatable. The following week I got a call from the TAS asking how the final interview went and told me that as long as my background check cleared I would be offered the position. Everyone I have interacted with in the company so far has been great and I hope that it continues

Interview Questions

• What makes a successful manager?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied for the job online and a few days later followed up with a recruiter. I was asked to come in for an initial interview with the recruiter within the following week. The interview itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with customer service, sales, and leadership experience so be sure that you are comfortable talking in depth about each of those experiences. The interviewer put me at ease and made me feel really comfortable.

Waiting to hear back from the recruiter about a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer?
      What is your leadership experience?
      What qualities make up a good leader? How do you exemplify those qualities in your own leadership?
      Why do you want this job?

Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2015.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter who saw my resume online and asked if I'd be interested. I submitted my application online and got a call a week later. They did a quick phone screen, maybe like 15-20 minutes, explaining the job, the hours, the pay, etc. to see if I'd like to come in for an interview. I went on my first interview with the recruiter a couple days later where she asked me mostly customer service and sales related questions and about my experience in retail. She told me she wanted me to move forward that day before I left. I probably sat down with her for an hour or so. After that, I went to a branch to observe for an hour and sat down with an area manager after that for another hour or so. He basically asked similar questions, about customer service, retail, and more of what my future goals are. He informed me that I was moving forward that day as well. A week and a half later, I sat down with the regional vice president. It was more of a friendly conversation of enterprise and my career goals and his experience with the company. He offered me the job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, do you feel guilty upselling, what is your dream job, is the customer always right, tell me about a negative experience with a customer, how do you react after a negative customer   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

The process of getting a call back after applying was surprisingly quick. You will receive a phone screening and then set up an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager in your area. The TAM will email you an invite to choose a date and time for the interview. You will discuss your most recent experience with Sales, Customer Service, & Leadership.

Be prepared to discuss your persuasive abilities to sell products & services to consumers. I believe the main part of ERAC's sales is persuading clients to purchase insurance. In my opinion these two things seem to be the most important thing to the company. Your leadership skills & experience may just be a plus because leaders & followers all should have the same goal and that's driving their sales by knowing how to sell and being persuasive in your customer service skills.

The salary was discussed at the end of the interview. I failed to ask how the salary was broken down with all of those working hours. You're told you will work weekends (probably only twice a month) and long work weeks (42-50+ hrs). Training is 2.5 weeks. The TAM will call you if you are invited to another interview but with the Area Manager or inform you they decided to pursue other qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• What other positions are you applying for?   1 Answer

I had a better job offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Interview

They actually called me and told me they were impressed with my resume and were eager to talk to me about the company and all it had to offer. It was great to know they were impressed with particular aspects of my resume such as my campus involvement. Many times, people look at your resume and just go for the interview, but Enterprise took the time to look at exactly what I have experience in and how those experiences can help me develop a career with the company.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted via email a few days later to set up a face to face interview with the talent acquisition manager. A week later I interviewed with the Branch Manger and the Area Manager. It's been almost a week and I still have not heard back….

Interview Questions

• You must have sales experience and the competitive spirit   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Got email from recruiter saying they found my resume on monster.com. Gave me instructions to apply online and then after I finished doing so the recruiter got back to me rather quickly to set up a phone interview. We scheduled it for the next day and it lasted about 10 minutes. He wanted to set a up a face to face. I saw him a few days later and if you last past that they will schedule you for a visit to a branch office. You shadow a manager for a bit and ask questions to them and other current employees. I did that for about 45 minutes and then interviewed with the district manager I believe. That lasted another 45 minutes. The recruiter and the DM ask you scripted questions about sales experiences and alot of hypothetical situations and what you might do. In between the first and the second interview they will do a background check on you. The last step is to meet with the area manager. I was offered too but later declined because I accepted another offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Madison, WI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

There are a total of three face-to-face interviews and one phone interview. Everyone that I interviewed with was very friendly and I felt comfortable with the people that I would be working with. During the second interview, you are told that you will be observing the company for about an hour, and then you will have your interview for the last portion of the time. The one thing that bothered me the most was during my second interview; my interviewer (area manager) seemed to be more worried about my responses that he was typing rather than paying attention to what I was actually saying. It was a little uncomfortable because he wasn't making eye contact. They sent me an e-mail a few days after to let me know that they were no longer considering my application. Overall, the interview was professional and the people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a diverse situation.   Answer Question