Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied online and the next day I got an email from the Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule a phone screening interview. The phone interview took place the following week. At the end of our conversation, I asked what the next step would be in the process and we scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. I met at the Area HQ with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and had a great conversation. I was contacted the next day to schedule the second interview with the Area Manager and again had another great conversation. The following day I got a call from the TAS to set up my final interview with the Branch Manager. When I arrived, I was told that a second Branch Manager would be joining us. Both of them made me feel very comfortable and relatable. The following week I got a call from the TAS asking how the final interview went and told me that as long as my background check cleared I would be offered the position. Everyone I have interacted with in the company so far has been great and I hope that it continues

Interview Questions
  • What makes a successful manager?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
No negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the job online and a few days later followed up with a recruiter. I was asked to come in for an initial interview with the recruiter within the following week. The interview itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with customer service, sales, and leadership experience so be sure that you are comfortable talking in depth about each of those experiences. The interviewer put me at ease and made me feel really comfortable.

Waiting to hear back from the recruiter about a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with an angry customer?
      What is your leadership experience?
      What qualities make up a good leader? How do you exemplify those qualities in your own leadership?
      Why do you want this job?

Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process of getting a call back after applying was surprisingly quick. You will receive a phone screening and then set up an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager in your area. The TAM will email you an invite to choose a date and time for the interview. You will discuss your most recent experience with Sales, Customer Service, & Leadership.

Be prepared to discuss your persuasive abilities to sell products & services to consumers. I believe the main part of ERAC's sales is persuading clients to purchase insurance. In my opinion these two things seem to be the most important thing to the company. Your leadership skills & experience may just be a plus because leaders & followers all should have the same goal and that's driving their sales by knowing how to sell and being persuasive in your customer service skills.

The salary was discussed at the end of the interview. I failed to ask how the salary was broken down with all of those working hours. You're told you will work weekends (probably only twice a month) and long work weeks (42-50+ hrs). Training is 2.5 weeks. The TAM will call you if you are invited to another interview but with the Area Manager or inform you they decided to pursue other qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What other positions are you applying for?   View Answer

I had a better job offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

They actually called me and told me they were impressed with my resume and were eager to talk to me about the company and all it had to offer. It was great to know they were impressed with particular aspects of my resume such as my campus involvement. Many times, people look at your resume and just go for the interview, but Enterprise took the time to look at exactly what I have experience in and how those experiences can help me develop a career with the company.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied on-line and was contacted via email a few days later to set up a face to face interview with the talent acquisition manager. A week later I interviewed with the Branch Manger and the Area Manager. It's been almost a week and I still have not heard back….

Interview Questions
    • You must have sales experience and the competitive spirit   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Got email from recruiter saying they found my resume on monster.com. Gave me instructions to apply online and then after I finished doing so the recruiter got back to me rather quickly to set up a phone interview. We scheduled it for the next day and it lasted about 10 minutes. He wanted to set a up a face to face. I saw him a few days later and if you last past that they will schedule you for a visit to a branch office. You shadow a manager for a bit and ask questions to them and other current employees. I did that for about 45 minutes and then interviewed with the district manager I believe. That lasted another 45 minutes. The recruiter and the DM ask you scripted questions about sales experiences and alot of hypothetical situations and what you might do. In between the first and the second interview they will do a background check on you. The last step is to meet with the area manager. I was offered too but later declined because I accepted another offer.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

There are a total of three face-to-face interviews and one phone interview. Everyone that I interviewed with was very friendly and I felt comfortable with the people that I would be working with. During the second interview, you are told that you will be observing the company for about an hour, and then you will have your interview for the last portion of the time. The one thing that bothered me the most was during my second interview; my interviewer (area manager) seemed to be more worried about my responses that he was typing rather than paying attention to what I was actually saying. It was a little uncomfortable because he wasn't making eye contact. They sent me an e-mail a few days after to let me know that they were no longer considering my application. Overall, the interview was professional and the people were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a diverse situation.   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interviewing process was long. You had to wait a week or longer after your first interview. Then your next interview was weeks away. Not only that but the second interview is an hour long observation of the store. I had to just sit there and watch their day to day process for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • if you could do anything and money wasn't an option what would you do and why   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

After I applied online, I was contacted within 5 days. The first interview/phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. Basic information was asked: Why are you interested in this company? Tell me about yourself? etc. The woman on the other end of the line then discussed what the job entailed: 50+ hours a week, weekends, etc. She then set me up for another phone interview 3 days later with another HR woman. This interview was far more in depth. A lot of STAR and behavioral questions, but I felt prepared. Personal Sales Goals/Experience was by far and way the most important topic discussed. Much of my sales experience comes from retail and is very team oriented (Sales Goals for the store rather than personal). After the interview, I concluded that this was probably not the right company for me. I remember reading a review of this company days before the interview which stated, "A company for Type A personalities." After the interview I came to the same conclusion. Regardless, it is a great company with a phenomenal sales training program. A few days after, I received a notification stating that they had moved on to other candidates. In a way, I felt a sense of relief since I had lost interest at this point.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you stay with us if you received a better offer from another employer?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

Applied online, heard from the recruiter within 5 days. Got my first interview within 8 days of hearing from them. I went to a corporate head quarters fully prepared for the interview. The recruiter asked me questions for about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview I questioned him for about 15 minutes on the company. I felt everything went really well. I none of the questions really stumped me. I heard back from them via email the following monday and they informed me they were going to go in a different direction. Which was fine, it was my first interview after college. Good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a tough customer. And how did you handle it.   Answer Question