Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

703 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Question – Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details I had applied online through indeed.com and had to fill out the basic..."why do you believe you are qualified for this job" questions. I then received an email requesting a phone interview. When I called for the phone screening, the HR recruiter asked simple questions pertaining to my qualifications and my career expectations. He then asked if I would be willing to come in for a face-to-face interview and explained the interview process.
The First Interview...
I was there for about 1.5 hours and had to bring my drivers abstract as well as a resume. The HR manager was a very personable guy and easy to talk to. He asked me questions about my experience in a leadership role, examples of my ability in sales and how I would rate myself in a sales position. (He later told me anything less than an 8 would not cut it... do not sell yourself short) After the interview, he provided me with feedback about how he thought the interview went and offered me to go through to the second interview. I also asked questions about the day-to-day duties for the position. We ended up sitting there talking about his experience, which was a very positive one, when he went through the same process.

The Second Interview
I have not yet gone for my second interview with the local branch manager but have it scheduled for this Thursday. I have been reading the feedback on glassdoor and have found it very helpful in preparing. The email I received with all the details for the second interview contained tips for the second interview. These tips included to be very social and outgoing during the observation period of the interview. The observation period is when a manager will show you around, ask you questions and introduce you to other employees. They say to come prepared with questions and a social attitude. Stand out and introduce yourself, shake employees hands and ask questions. After the observation, I will go in for my interview and they apparently ask basic questions similar to the first interview but expect you to really sell yourself and have your best examples ready to go about; leaderships, sales experience, competitiveness etc. I am quite excited.. and nervous about the intensity of the interview but overall have a great feeling about this company. They seem to treat their employees with respect and offer great learning and promotional opportunities.

Interview Question – Give examples of when you have portrayed a competitive attitude in a sales position.   View Answer

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume and cover letter to their resume and got a call back pretty quickly. They were willing to wait over 4 weeks for me to attend their first interview as I was away. I thought this indicated that they recruit on a rolling basis- i.e. continually.

First interview was with a junior recruiter, didn't appear to be much older than me (early 20's). Asked me pretty basic questions, strengths, weaknesses, why I was interested in the programme and explained the pay and hours to me. She said that the 48 hour work week never changes, and she had been there for five years. She also asked me why I was interested in working for Enterprise if I had a B.Sc. in Communication and a M.Sc. in Management - what did Science have to do with Management? I nearly laughed in her face but managed to explain, politely, that the "Science" bit just reflected the technical aspect of the degrees, and in no way made me a scientist.

Second interview was with her boss, HR manager. This was a more difficult interview. He asked me more about my previous experiences and career expectations. I was there 1.5 hours. He expressed concern that I was overqualified for the position and would tire of having to clean cars in freezing weather, even though they were promising promotion to Assistant Manager within a year. He gave me the weekend to think about moving forward, I replied to him that I wanted to go ahead with the third interview, since I had earned it.

Third interview was with the actual Unit Manager where I would be working. I had some choice in the location. Third interview was much quicker than the second, but again more challenging than the first. He too expressed concern that I was overqualified, and would not be comfortable taking orders from managers who had little to no postsecondary education.

Be aware: This is sold as a "management" trainee position. It is not. You will be renting cars, cleaning cars, picking up cars. You will nothing more than a regular employee.

Interview Question – Would you be comfortable working under managers who have less education than you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay offered was just too low, the work week far too long, and work completely unrelated to what I studied.

Scarborough, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview Details interview 1: basic behavioural questions, questions pertaining to background, sales experience, some situational questions. They want to know how outgoing you are, can you sell? Basically that is what, you have to sell your selling ability.

Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Initially contacted due to resume posting on Monster.com. I interviewed with a HR generalist at the Toronto Head Office and discussed the program and potential career paths at the company. Advice was given on how to show professionalism in subsequent interviews and resume areas to touch on. Second interview was done with an Area Manager at the company. He was very intense, professional, and sharp but managed to make the interview very comfortable. My impression of him was very positive and gave me a great idea of the calibre of Enterprise's employees. Third interview was with a Group Rental Manager (City Manager) and was more relaxed than the previous one. He gave me a brief background of his experience with the company and his connection with their values. Our interaction was very pleasant and sealed my impression and commitment to the company if I was to be offered the position.

Interview Question – In my second interview with the Area Rental Manager, we talked about competitiveness and the desire to succeed. He inquired if I was an athlete or enjoyed professional and casual sport. We connected because we shared the same favourite sports team. He was confident he could name every player on their current unofficial roster but was not convinced that I could.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much was left to negotiation. They try and ensure all trainees are in similar positions in terms of job responsibility and compensation. They did have strict code for dress and appearance (shaving etc). I communicated a few minor issues I had with shaving often and side effects (razor bumps etc). I asked if I could shave on a less intensive schedule to remedy this and they were understanding.

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2010.

Interview Details 3 interviews, 1st with HR generalist, 2nd with Area Manager, 3rd with Group Manager.

Interview Question – Standard sales interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details 3 step interview process. First with HR, second with an area manager, and the third with a branch manager. Very simple process. There is a high turnover rate so as long as you can talk, there shouldn't be too much trouble landing a job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very standard job interview. Later I was told that if they felt like they could have a beer with me socially, I was in. Just be nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Everyone gets the same standard market rate for the geographic area you are working in.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Applied online and was phoned the next day to do a phone interview. I was asked several questions, and then invited to attend an in-person interview. That interview lasted an hour and I was asked numerous questions (often repetitive) to assess my personality.

Interview Question – Lots of "name a time when..." that got quite exhausting after a while.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

Interview Details I applied online, got an e-mail the next day by a recruiter asking me for a phone interview. I prepared a little bit. The phone interview was just to see if I had half a brain. Then I got another e-mail for a face to face interview with the same recruiter. In my preparation, I picked up tips from friends who worked or had worked at ERAC. I got lost on my way to the interview, I called the recruiter and she was very nice about it and helped me find my way. It was an easy interview and I nailed it right up front by apologizing for being 10 minutes late, not making excuses and saying that it was unfortunate because it could cost me a job that i really wanted.

I got called in for a second interview with my future branch manager and the city manager. It was a lot harder than I expected. They asked me a lot more about how I though people viewed me and gave me the ''sell me my pen'' routine. I didn't know what to think when I left the interview, especially since they did not give me a definitive answer.

Finally, the recruiter gave me a last call: I was to meet with the group rental manager. I truly think he is a great man. He was in his early 30's and had this old business feel to how he behave, which convinced me I was in the right place. We talked about his family and his recent move from area manager to group rental manager. He showed me pictures of his kids. He basically asked me the same questions everybody else did. When he asked me if I had any questions, I asked him what type of candidate he was looking for. Basically, this was his answer: "well, you pretty much fit into what we are looking for, does working at ERAC interests you?" I said yes, we shook hands and that was it.

Interview Question – The city manager asked me to sell him his pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation, compensation negociation begins when you are assistant manager.

Burlington, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

Interview Details They have a very lenghty interview processes initial is a in phone interview, then an interview with the HR Rep, then an onsite observation followed by an interview with the Area manager and Branch Manager, Last interview is with the GRM.

Interview Question – List 5 most important things to you and justify the order.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Compensation is around 35, 000 and you work 45,000 hours a week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 703 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.