Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

841 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brantford, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I got a call back from them pretty soon after applying. The guy on the phone talked to me for about 10 minutes, asking questions about my job goals and previous experiences. He then scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week (Wednesday).

I went to the in person interview, and it was at one of the branches. The interview itself took around half an hour, and I had to wait for about 20 minutes before the interviewer even came out to see me. She asked me basic behavioural type questions, why I want the job, and my future goals. Not very hard questions at all, just the basic stuff. She then told me the specific day that they will give me a call back (Friday).

I got no phone call on that day, so I figured that I wasn't getting that job. As it turns out, I was right, because they ended up emailing me the following Wednesday saying that they will pursue other candidates. Not very professional, but by that point I figured it wasn't going to happen.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Applied online. One week later I received an unscheduled call asking for a short interview over the phone. This interview lasted for about 10 min. Interviewer was very friendly and full of energy. He told me about the salary and the working hrs (48-52hrs/week) and asked if that is okay for me. In the end of the first interview we scheduled a phone call within the next two days.
    Two days later I had the 2nd phone interview (30-40min) with the same interviewer. Comfortable conversation, standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Phone Interview (10 min): How did you learn about the offered position? What do you like about the company/position? He rechecked some basic questions from the online application such as criminal record, driving offenses, availability of driving license.

2. Phone Interview (40 min): Questions about position/company. Rechecked standard questions about criminal record,...
      Tell me a time where you have gone beyond expectation to help a customer.
      What particular things you like about our values?
      When did you go beyond a customer's expectation?
      Questions about customer service and sales background.
      Which other companies did you apply for (He wanted to make sure that you applied for similar positions)
      How do you imagine yourself in 5 years?
      What do you do with a team member that performs less?
      What was your proudest achievement?
      When did you adapt fast to changing situations?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

first interview is with the recruiter. second interview is in the head office where they ask you some general questions and finally the third interview is with the branch manager where you will work. The interview process is very long however you will learn a lot and this will help you to apply elsewhere with no problem at all.So, even if you dont get the job.. you will still get out with some life experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (I always find this question hard to answer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

took about three weeks...i applied through talent egg...had an unscheduled call from recruiter and had a friendly 10 min convo...scheduled to have a in person interview a week later.....last about 45 min (in person interview) easy going covo....standard questions....was told that he would put me through to next level at the end of the interview..had third interview a week later...at the branch a day ago...now waiting for their call...

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult...regular experience questions...many were ..."tell about a role ..." "tell me when"...   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview is a 3-step process. The three interviews are not all that different from one another, just that they are with different levels of management at each stage. I wouldn't say the interviews are all that difficult, typical interview questions. They are just looking for professionalism. It's key that you're able to work your butt off, be able to handle long hours, difficult customer situations, and are willing to learn every step of the way. Many questions will be behavioral on how you've handled situations in the past. With every interview it's important to know what your goals are and where you want to be.

Interview Questions
    • They will make you sit in the branch or about 10 to 15 minutes to watch how they store operates, and how employees interact with customers. Be as observant as possible and try to think of all the pros and cons of what you see - What did they do well? What could they improve? What is the overall impression of Enterprise employees?   Answer Question
    Salary is non-negotiable for the most part, especially when first joining the company as a management trainee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I had applied online through indeed.com and had to fill out the basic..."why do you believe you are qualified for this job" questions. I then received an email requesting a phone interview. When I called for the phone screening, the HR recruiter asked simple questions pertaining to my qualifications and my career expectations. He then asked if I would be willing to come in for a face-to-face interview and explained the interview process.
    The First Interview...
    I was there for about 1.5 hours and had to bring my drivers abstract as well as a resume. The HR manager was a very personable guy and easy to talk to. He asked me questions about my experience in a leadership role, examples of my ability in sales and how I would rate myself in a sales position. (He later told me anything less than an 8 would not cut it... do not sell yourself short) After the interview, he provided me with feedback about how he thought the interview went and offered me to go through to the second interview. I also asked questions about the day-to-day duties for the position. We ended up sitting there talking about his experience, which was a very positive one, when he went through the same process.

The Second Interview
    I have not yet gone for my second interview with the local branch manager but have it scheduled for this Thursday. I have been reading the feedback on glassdoor and have found it very helpful in preparing. The email I received with all the details for the second interview contained tips for the second interview. These tips included to be very social and outgoing during the observation period of the interview. The observation period is when a manager will show you around, ask you questions and introduce you to other employees. They say to come prepared with questions and a social attitude. Stand out and introduce yourself, shake employees hands and ask questions. After the observation, I will go in for my interview and they apparently ask basic questions similar to the first interview but expect you to really sell yourself and have your best examples ready to go about; leaderships, sales experience, competitiveness etc. I am quite excited.. and nervous about the intensity of the interview but overall have a great feeling about this company. They seem to treat their employees with respect and offer great learning and promotional opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you have portrayed a competitive attitude in a sales position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kelowna, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Phone screening- an HR rep called and asked general questions regarding past sales experience, customer service experience, education and outlined the position duties and salary. Pretty relaxed, more just confirming what my resume said and getting a feel for phone communication skills.

Interview at Local Branch- After the phone screening I received an interview at the nearest branch with the branch manager and the regional manager. They were very friendly and relaxed. They seemed tired as I was their last interview of the day. A bunch of situational questions like Name a time when.... or Have you ever..... pretty generic questions. I think they were just looking for someone who they could work well with, who is fun and had a friendly open personality. I told a few jokes and funny stories and they seemed to really like that. It was nice having the interview with two people in management positions it was a lot more personal than past interviews I have had, it gave me a good sense of where I could end up if I chose to stay with he company and work my way up through the ranks. One of the better interviews I have ever had, it was pleasant, relaxed and fun.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have disliked someone and had to work with them, how did you deal with it?
      When have you set goals and how did you meet them? what happened once your goals were reached?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Training required travel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Brief phone interview follow by two more one on one interviews in person, first in person interview is at the head office the second is at the branch you will potentially be working for.

Interview Questions
    • For the interview at the head office it was very straight forward, mostly questions about your past experience in sales. Try and think of examples of times where you have succeeded in providing excellent customer service or when you have consistently hit sales targets.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I submitted my resume and cover letter to their resume and got a call back pretty quickly. They were willing to wait over 4 weeks for me to attend their first interview as I was away. I thought this indicated that they recruit on a rolling basis- i.e. continually.

First interview was with a junior recruiter, didn't appear to be much older than me (early 20's). Asked me pretty basic questions, strengths, weaknesses, why I was interested in the programme and explained the pay and hours to me. She said that the 48 hour work week never changes, and she had been there for five years. She also asked me why I was interested in working for Enterprise if I had a B.Sc. in Communication and a M.Sc. in Management - what did Science have to do with Management? I nearly laughed in her face but managed to explain, politely, that the "Science" bit just reflected the technical aspect of the degrees, and in no way made me a scientist.

Second interview was with her boss, HR manager. This was a more difficult interview. He asked me more about my previous experiences and career expectations. I was there 1.5 hours. He expressed concern that I was overqualified for the position and would tire of having to clean cars in freezing weather, even though they were promising promotion to Assistant Manager within a year. He gave me the weekend to think about moving forward, I replied to him that I wanted to go ahead with the third interview, since I had earned it.

Third interview was with the actual Unit Manager where I would be working. I had some choice in the location. Third interview was much quicker than the second, but again more challenging than the first. He too expressed concern that I was overqualified, and would not be comfortable taking orders from managers who had little to no postsecondary education.

Be aware: This is sold as a "management" trainee position. It is not. You will be renting cars, cleaning cars, picking up cars. You will nothing more than a regular employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable working under managers who have less education than you?   Answer Question

The pay offered was just too low, the work week far too long, and work completely unrelated to what I studied.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!