Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

712 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details The interview is a 3-step process. The three interviews are not all that different from one another, just that they are with different levels of management at each stage. I wouldn't say the interviews are all that difficult, typical interview questions. They are just looking for professionalism. It's key that you're able to work your butt off, be able to handle long hours, difficult customer situations, and are willing to learn every step of the way. Many questions will be behavioral on how you've handled situations in the past. With every interview it's important to know what your goals are and where you want to be.

Interview Question – They will make you sit in the branch or about 10 to 15 minutes to watch how they store operates, and how employees interact with customers. Be as observant as possible and try to think of all the pros and cons of what you see - What did they do well? What could they improve? What is the overall impression of Enterprise employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is non-negotiable for the most part, especially when first joining the company as a management trainee.

Kelowna, BC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screening- an HR rep called and asked general questions regarding past sales experience, customer service experience, education and outlined the position duties and salary. Pretty relaxed, more just confirming what my resume said and getting a feel for phone communication skills.

Interview at Local Branch- After the phone screening I received an interview at the nearest branch with the branch manager and the regional manager. They were very friendly and relaxed. They seemed tired as I was their last interview of the day. A bunch of situational questions like Name a time when.... or Have you ever..... pretty generic questions. I think they were just looking for someone who they could work well with, who is fun and had a friendly open personality. I told a few jokes and funny stories and they seemed to really like that. It was nice having the interview with two people in management positions it was a lot more personal than past interviews I have had, it gave me a good sense of where I could end up if I chose to stay with he company and work my way up through the ranks. One of the better interviews I have ever had, it was pleasant, relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have disliked someone and had to work with them, how did you deal with it?
When have you set goals and how did you meet them? what happened once your goals were reached?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Training required travel.

Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Question – Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details I had applied online through indeed.com and had to fill out the basic..."why do you believe you are qualified for this job" questions. I then received an email requesting a phone interview. When I called for the phone screening, the HR recruiter asked simple questions pertaining to my qualifications and my career expectations. He then asked if I would be willing to come in for a face-to-face interview and explained the interview process.
The First Interview...
I was there for about 1.5 hours and had to bring my drivers abstract as well as a resume. The HR manager was a very personable guy and easy to talk to. He asked me questions about my experience in a leadership role, examples of my ability in sales and how I would rate myself in a sales position. (He later told me anything less than an 8 would not cut it... do not sell yourself short) After the interview, he provided me with feedback about how he thought the interview went and offered me to go through to the second interview. I also asked questions about the day-to-day duties for the position. We ended up sitting there talking about his experience, which was a very positive one, when he went through the same process.

The Second Interview
I have not yet gone for my second interview with the local branch manager but have it scheduled for this Thursday. I have been reading the feedback on glassdoor and have found it very helpful in preparing. The email I received with all the details for the second interview contained tips for the second interview. These tips included to be very social and outgoing during the observation period of the interview. The observation period is when a manager will show you around, ask you questions and introduce you to other employees. They say to come prepared with questions and a social attitude. Stand out and introduce yourself, shake employees hands and ask questions. After the observation, I will go in for my interview and they apparently ask basic questions similar to the first interview but expect you to really sell yourself and have your best examples ready to go about; leaderships, sales experience, competitiveness etc. I am quite excited.. and nervous about the intensity of the interview but overall have a great feeling about this company. They seem to treat their employees with respect and offer great learning and promotional opportunities.

Interview Question – Give examples of when you have portrayed a competitive attitude in a sales position.   View Answer

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume and cover letter to their resume and got a call back pretty quickly. They were willing to wait over 4 weeks for me to attend their first interview as I was away. I thought this indicated that they recruit on a rolling basis- i.e. continually.

First interview was with a junior recruiter, didn't appear to be much older than me (early 20's). Asked me pretty basic questions, strengths, weaknesses, why I was interested in the programme and explained the pay and hours to me. She said that the 48 hour work week never changes, and she had been there for five years. She also asked me why I was interested in working for Enterprise if I had a B.Sc. in Communication and a M.Sc. in Management - what did Science have to do with Management? I nearly laughed in her face but managed to explain, politely, that the "Science" bit just reflected the technical aspect of the degrees, and in no way made me a scientist.

Second interview was with her boss, HR manager. This was a more difficult interview. He asked me more about my previous experiences and career expectations. I was there 1.5 hours. He expressed concern that I was overqualified for the position and would tire of having to clean cars in freezing weather, even though they were promising promotion to Assistant Manager within a year. He gave me the weekend to think about moving forward, I replied to him that I wanted to go ahead with the third interview, since I had earned it.

Third interview was with the actual Unit Manager where I would be working. I had some choice in the location. Third interview was much quicker than the second, but again more challenging than the first. He too expressed concern that I was overqualified, and would not be comfortable taking orders from managers who had little to no postsecondary education.

Be aware: This is sold as a "management" trainee position. It is not. You will be renting cars, cleaning cars, picking up cars. You will nothing more than a regular employee.

Interview Question – Would you be comfortable working under managers who have less education than you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay offered was just too low, the work week far too long, and work completely unrelated to what I studied.

Scarborough, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2013.

Interview Details interview 1: basic behavioural questions, questions pertaining to background, sales experience, some situational questions. They want to know how outgoing you are, can you sell? Basically that is what, you have to sell your selling ability.

Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Initially contacted due to resume posting on Monster.com. I interviewed with a HR generalist at the Toronto Head Office and discussed the program and potential career paths at the company. Advice was given on how to show professionalism in subsequent interviews and resume areas to touch on. Second interview was done with an Area Manager at the company. He was very intense, professional, and sharp but managed to make the interview very comfortable. My impression of him was very positive and gave me a great idea of the calibre of Enterprise's employees. Third interview was with a Group Rental Manager (City Manager) and was more relaxed than the previous one. He gave me a brief background of his experience with the company and his connection with their values. Our interaction was very pleasant and sealed my impression and commitment to the company if I was to be offered the position.

Interview Question – In my second interview with the Area Rental Manager, we talked about competitiveness and the desire to succeed. He inquired if I was an athlete or enjoyed professional and casual sport. We connected because we shared the same favourite sports team. He was confident he could name every player on their current unofficial roster but was not convinced that I could.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much was left to negotiation. They try and ensure all trainees are in similar positions in terms of job responsibility and compensation. They did have strict code for dress and appearance (shaving etc). I communicated a few minor issues I had with shaving often and side effects (razor bumps etc). I asked if I could shave on a less intensive schedule to remedy this and they were understanding.

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2010.

Interview Details 3 interviews, 1st with HR generalist, 2nd with Area Manager, 3rd with Group Manager.

Interview Question – Standard sales interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details 3 step interview process. First with HR, second with an area manager, and the third with a branch manager. Very simple process. There is a high turnover rate so as long as you can talk, there shouldn't be too much trouble landing a job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very standard job interview. Later I was told that if they felt like they could have a beer with me socially, I was in. Just be nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Everyone gets the same standard market rate for the geographic area you are working in.

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Applied online and was phoned the next day to do a phone interview. I was asked several questions, and then invited to attend an in-person interview. That interview lasted an hour and I was asked numerous questions (often repetitive) to assess my personality.

Interview Question – Lots of "name a time when..." that got quite exhausting after a while.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 712 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.