Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details I wish I did better. I admit I messed up this interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can sale in a competitive environment?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview was a good experience but the lady is very picky

Interview Question – I was prepared.   Answer Question

Part Time Driver Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

Interview Details I was interviewed and offered the job within one week.

Interview Question – I was asked a few questions about my previous relationships with my co-workers that I did not get along with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate the pay. They pay everyone the same.

Manager Trainee Interview

Simi Valley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2011.

Interview Details Have a Bachelor Degree (any field) To get hired first you apply to the website, they dont take any walk in resumes at but it doesnt hurt to get your face out there. Once selected the recruiter will contact you about 1-3 days from the time you applied. They will give you a 10 minute approximate interview over the phone to see if you will qualify and agree to the base pay. If your looking for new work or is right out of college, it doesn't sound bad at all. Once that process is complete they will set you up with the HR Manager of the area you are need in, to do your second interview in person.If you pass you will have to come in on a separate day to do your "Branch Observation" They do this to see how you interact with other employees, if you are outgoing and active, if your social, if you can handle the pace and work load, and if your a presence in the office. This is good to see if you could do the work, so they have you shadow an experienced employee to watch them sale and handle the work. After about 2 hours the hiring area and branch manager will interview you in a back office on site. If you pass your third interview you will be scheduled to attend training which is usually scheduled on a Monday. They do pay for training, hotel expense, food and pocket money while in training. Its located south of Down Town LA, ( cant disclose exact location) just think about 1 hour from san diego coming north and about 55 mins coming from the san fernando valley going south. Training last for a week (5 days M-F) during training you will learn basically the back end side of the business for example: computer programs you will be using and the promotion process. Then you learn a little about sales, depending on the teacher you might practice sales while in training. Believe me training doesn't teach you how to sell but what your selling. Once your done with all of the testing and training, you will be sent to a local branch, on your own, for your branch observation. Usually they send you to the branch you will work at but if its too far from the training facility they will send you to a local one. If you have the highest score on your final exam you will receive a leather binder indicating you were the top scorer. Once your done with all the training your usually scheduled to work your first full day that following Tuesday.They do this because Monday is the absolute busiest day every week through the year. In some cases you might have to wait another week before you can actually begin work. Based on my experience this usually happens because they hired you while either the Branch or Area Manger is out of town. They want to be there for your first day.

Interview Question – The interview isn't what I would consider challenging. Enterprise seeks highly motivated and competitive people. They tend to be attracted to former athletes, especially in college. Its not mandatory to have a sports background to get hired, but if you did play any sport in high school or college your in a really good spot. Since the job is all about the being a team player and being very competitive, while taking care of your customers. They understand most former athletes have that "hard work drive" in them naturally. My advise is to highlight your success with any sport or form of competition you were apart of in the past. It makes the interview a lot more comfortable. Here's some questions that stood out : " Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity, what happened, what did you do to fix it, and what have you learned from that experience" ( sales type question) " Tell about a time when you were the leader and had to lead a team to achieve some sort of goal or expectation, and how did you do it?" (managerial type question) Trust me, a lot of people have very limited experience with these types of question and are forced to use an example that's not really related to the question. Most people will refer to something about a school project or something that happened while they were in Junior high school. There really isn't a wrong answer for this but it seems that those who have a good sports background tend to pass that oral interview with flying colors.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They dont really give you the chance to negotiate. They offer you the base pay for a Management Trainee take it or leave. On the plus side, that base pay is consistent with all MT'S so there isnt a negotiation.

Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2013.

Interview Details Quick one on one phone interview, then a 1:1 interview where they ask basic sales type questions, just be confident and sound extremely interested in the job. Next is the branch observation and second interview, which again is pretty easy just interact with the staff and ask questions. Make small talk. Lastly is the interview with the area manager where he asks the same questions as the previous interviews. I was offered the position, unsure if I am taking it yet or not. It a lot of hours for minimal pay.

Interview Question – All easy question wouldn't say any are difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not decided whether I am excepting or declining

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted back the following business day. They asked a few standard questions over the phone, such as address, what made you apply to enterprise, why you would be good for the position, etc. They then asked if I had any time within the next couple of days to come to their corporate office for an interview with a recruiter. I got there very early, didn't prepare at all, and the first interview was over before I knew it. They will ask a lot about your customer service and sales experience, a few scenario questions (none that you can't talk around and out of) and basically just hold a conversation with you to make sure that you can talk to virtual strangers and get points across. They were very nice and friendly and are willing to answer any of your questions about the company ( I suggest you think of a few to ask before going in). Overall good experience.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had an irate customer and what you did to rectify the situation before they left.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details Was nice and easy just be confident and professional.

Interview Question – Will you stay on for 2 years at least.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in sales as the only avenue to move up within the company.

Driver Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

Interview Details Interview is quick. The position was offered after a few days. I accepted and worked within two weeks.

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate the pay, it is across the board min wage. And now, after one year, a quarter raise ($.25).

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2009.

Interview Details I was recruited while renting a car to go to another interview. They called me the same day and that friday I went in for an interview with the HR manager.

I worked very hard and was able to take the management assistant test (The Grill) within 8 months and I was promoted to Assistant Manager within 12 months.

Interview Question – What will you do if we decide not to go with you for this position?   View Answer

Management Trainee
Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2009.

Interview Details After applying online I received a phone call and answered some questions. A interview was set up for the following week. I met with a hiring manager and we went over my resume. My prior education and work experience was discussed. Standard questions like what motivates me and if I feel comfortable working with others and making sales.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the usual, just be prepared for questions like what is your greatest weakness and describe a experience where you had to over come a conflict in work or school and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.