Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

Updated 31 Oct, 2014
1,563 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Pretty involved interview process. First was an interview over the phone while I was living in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Because I was moving, I had my second interview in Toronto, Ontario, where their Canadian HQ is. After that I had a meeting at the branch where I was to placed.

Interview Questions
    • It is a sales position, and so they asked about how I would deal with failure. Its a tough question, you will fail. You will fail a lot.   Answer Question
    Set pay. No real option.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Interview process was lengthy as below:
    Telephonic basic questions 10-15 mins, 1st round with HR more detailed about one's experience or skill you possess related to sales - 30-45 mins, 2nd round with branch manager same as the HR but more about sales and future thinking of one in the company, 3rd round HR manager 15 mins quick intro, prospects of employment and was offered the job as well.

Interview Questions
    • Two similar job offers why choose one?   View Answer
    • Difficult situation with a colleague and how you handled it ?   View Answer
    • Sales targets reached and not reached in previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • A situation in customer service which you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

The training is intended to last 8 months later a performance based appraisal will get you the position of assistant branch manager which I felt a bit dicey. Employees at a branch were stuck in the position for more than 1 1/2 years. Also the work week is around 48 hours and very much sales driven.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Had no issues with the hiring process, as I am outgoing and love conversation. You will begin with a recruiting manager who will screen you in a general way (essentially 'are you quickly likeable and make an impression quickly'). After that, you will meet with the branch manager and area manager at a designated branch where they will observe you interacting with customers and staff behind the counter, then take you into the office where they will interview you in a more specific manner (questions will relate to the branch you are interviewing for). Then the 3rd interview is with the group VP, where you will be assessed on your ideas and priorities of business effectiveness.

Interview Questions
    • This is a question I got in my second interview of the hiring process. "You are working at The Bay retail store, and a customer brings a jacket to the counter to pay for it. The cost that comes up is $250, but the tag says $75 and the customer is irritated that you just quoted them almost 4x the price they were expecting. What do you do to satisfy the customer?".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I got a call back from them pretty soon after applying. The guy on the phone talked to me for about 10 minutes, asking questions about my job goals and previous experiences. He then scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week (Wednesday).

I went to the in person interview, and it was at one of the branches. The interview itself took around half an hour, and I had to wait for about 20 minutes before the interviewer even came out to see me. She asked me basic behavioural type questions, why I want the job, and my future goals. Not very hard questions at all, just the basic stuff. She then told me the specific day that they will give me a call back (Friday).

I got no phone call on that day, so I figured that I wasn't getting that job. As it turns out, I was right, because they ended up emailing me the following Wednesday saying that they will pursue other candidates. Not very professional, but by that point I figured it wasn't going to happen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Applied online. One week later I received an unscheduled call asking for a short interview over the phone. This interview lasted for about 10 min. Interviewer was very friendly and full of energy. He told me about the salary and the working hrs (48-52hrs/week) and asked if that is okay for me. In the end of the first interview we scheduled a phone call within the next two days.
    Two days later I had the 2nd phone interview (30-40min) with the same interviewer. Comfortable conversation, standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Phone Interview (10 min): How did you learn about the offered position? What do you like about the company/position? He rechecked some basic questions from the online application such as criminal record, driving offenses, availability of driving license.

2. Phone Interview (40 min): Questions about position/company. Rechecked standard questions about criminal record,...
      Tell me a time where you have gone beyond expectation to help a customer.
      What particular things you like about our values?
      When did you go beyond a customer's expectation?
      Questions about customer service and sales background.
      Which other companies did you apply for (He wanted to make sure that you applied for similar positions)
      How do you imagine yourself in 5 years?
      What do you do with a team member that performs less?
      What was your proudest achievement?
      When did you adapt fast to changing situations?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

took about three weeks...i applied through talent egg...had an unscheduled call from recruiter and had a friendly 10 min convo...scheduled to have a in person interview a week later.....last about 45 min (in person interview) easy going covo....standard questions....was told that he would put me through to next level at the end of the interview..had third interview a week later...at the branch a day ago...now waiting for their call...

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult...regular experience questions...many were ..."tell about a role ..." "tell me when"...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

first interview is with the recruiter. second interview is in the head office where they ask you some general questions and finally the third interview is with the branch manager where you will work. The interview process is very long however you will learn a lot and this will help you to apply elsewhere with no problem at all.So, even if you dont get the job.. you will still get out with some life experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (I always find this question hard to answer)   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The interview is a 3-step process. The three interviews are not all that different from one another, just that they are with different levels of management at each stage. I wouldn't say the interviews are all that difficult, typical interview questions. They are just looking for professionalism. It's key that you're able to work your butt off, be able to handle long hours, difficult customer situations, and are willing to learn every step of the way. Many questions will be behavioral on how you've handled situations in the past. With every interview it's important to know what your goals are and where you want to be.

Interview Questions
    • They will make you sit in the branch or about 10 to 15 minutes to watch how they store operates, and how employees interact with customers. Be as observant as possible and try to think of all the pros and cons of what you see - What did they do well? What could they improve? What is the overall impression of Enterprise employees?   Answer Question
    Salary is non-negotiable for the most part, especially when first joining the company as a management trainee.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Saw an ad on LinkedIn and applied through the website. About a week later I got a call from talent acquisition. She asked me a few questions over the phone such as why I wanted to work for the company. Then she asked me when I could come in for an interview. This interview went well and then she called me the next day to schedule another interview with the area manager and a branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioural and about my resume. Based on sales, competitiveness and customer service   Answer Question
    I have only received a verbal offer so far. After they do the background check, you get the official offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question