Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
1,487 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brantford, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details I got a call back from them pretty soon after applying. The guy on the phone talked to me for about 10 minutes, asking questions about my job goals and previous experiences. He then scheduled me for an in person interview for the following week (Wednesday).

I went to the in person interview, and it was at one of the branches. The interview itself took around half an hour, and I had to wait for about 20 minutes before the interviewer even came out to see me. She asked me basic behavioural type questions, why I want the job, and my future goals. Not very hard questions at all, just the basic stuff. She then told me the specific day that they will give me a call back (Friday).

I got no phone call on that day, so I figured that I wasn't getting that job. As it turns out, I was right, because they ended up emailing me the following Wednesday saying that they will pursue other candidates. Not very professional, but by that point I figured it wasn't going to happen.

Interview Question – What doesn't seem appealing about this job?   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details first interview is with the recruiter. second interview is in the head office where they ask you some general questions and finally the third interview is with the branch manager where you will work. The interview process is very long however you will learn a lot and this will help you to apply elsewhere with no problem at all.So, even if you dont get the job.. you will still get out with some life experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. (I always find this question hard to answer)   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Brief phone interview follow by two more one on one interviews in person, first in person interview is at the head office the second is at the branch you will potentially be working for.

Interview Question – For the interview at the head office it was very straight forward, mostly questions about your past experience in sales. Try and think of examples of times where you have succeeded in providing excellent customer service or when you have consistently hit sales targets.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Had no issues with the hiring process, as I am outgoing and love conversation. You will begin with a recruiting manager who will screen you in a general way (essentially 'are you quickly likeable and make an impression quickly'). After that, you will meet with the branch manager and area manager at a designated branch where they will observe you interacting with customers and staff behind the counter, then take you into the office where they will interview you in a more specific manner (questions will relate to the branch you are interviewing for). Then the 3rd interview is with the group VP, where you will be assessed on your ideas and priorities of business effectiveness.

Interview Question – This is a question I got in my second interview of the hiring process. "You are working at The Bay retail store, and a customer brings a jacket to the counter to pay for it. The cost that comes up is $250, but the tag says $75 and the customer is irritated that you just quoted them almost 4x the price they were expecting. What do you do to satisfy the customer?".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Cambridge, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial communication was by e-mail from someone from head office.
You are then contacted by phone by the manager at the location you have applied for and asked to come in for an interview. You fill in forms which allow them to run a drivers abstract as well as a criminal records check. You then wait until they have gotten the results back. Then they contact you again by phone to offer you the job and send you to a training session. They provide the vehicle for you.

Interview Question – They ask the basic interview questions regarding past employment, bad situations and how you dealt with them etc.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON

Interview Details took about three weeks...i applied through talent egg...had an unscheduled call from recruiter and had a friendly 10 min convo...scheduled to have a in person interview a week later.....last about 45 min (in person interview) easy going covo....standard questions....was told that he would put me through to next level at the end of the interview..had third interview a week later...at the branch a day ago...now waiting for their call...

Interview Question – nothing was difficult...regular experience questions...many were ..."tell about a role ..." "tell me when"...   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. One week later I received an unscheduled call asking for a short interview over the phone. This interview lasted for about 10 min. Interviewer was very friendly and full of energy. He told me about the salary and the working hrs (48-52hrs/week) and asked if that is okay for me. In the end of the first interview we scheduled a phone call within the next two days.
Two days later I had the 2nd phone interview (30-40min) with the same interviewer. Comfortable conversation, standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – 1. Phone Interview (10 min): How did you learn about the offered position? What do you like about the company/position? He rechecked some basic questions from the online application such as criminal record, driving offenses, availability of driving license.

2. Phone Interview (40 min): Questions about position/company. Rechecked standard questions about criminal record,...
Tell me a time where you have gone beyond expectation to help a customer.
What particular things you like about our values?
When did you go beyond a customer's expectation?
Questions about customer service and sales background.
Which other companies did you apply for (He wanted to make sure that you applied for similar positions)
How do you imagine yourself in 5 years?
What do you do with a team member that performs less?
What was your proudest achievement?
When did you adapt fast to changing situations?
  Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details The interview is a 3-step process. The three interviews are not all that different from one another, just that they are with different levels of management at each stage. I wouldn't say the interviews are all that difficult, typical interview questions. They are just looking for professionalism. It's key that you're able to work your butt off, be able to handle long hours, difficult customer situations, and are willing to learn every step of the way. Many questions will be behavioral on how you've handled situations in the past. With every interview it's important to know what your goals are and where you want to be.

Interview Question – They will make you sit in the branch or about 10 to 15 minutes to watch how they store operates, and how employees interact with customers. Be as observant as possible and try to think of all the pros and cons of what you see - What did they do well? What could they improve? What is the overall impression of Enterprise employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is non-negotiable for the most part, especially when first joining the company as a management trainee.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Calgary, AB

Interview Details Saw an ad on LinkedIn and applied through the website. About a week later I got a call from talent acquisition. She asked me a few questions over the phone such as why I wanted to work for the company. Then she asked me when I could come in for an interview. This interview went well and then she called me the next day to schedule another interview with the area manager and a branch manager.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioural and about my resume. Based on sales, competitiveness and customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have only received a verbal offer so far. After they do the background check, you get the official offer.

Kelowna, BC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screening- an HR rep called and asked general questions regarding past sales experience, customer service experience, education and outlined the position duties and salary. Pretty relaxed, more just confirming what my resume said and getting a feel for phone communication skills.

Interview at Local Branch- After the phone screening I received an interview at the nearest branch with the branch manager and the regional manager. They were very friendly and relaxed. They seemed tired as I was their last interview of the day. A bunch of situational questions like Name a time when.... or Have you ever..... pretty generic questions. I think they were just looking for someone who they could work well with, who is fun and had a friendly open personality. I told a few jokes and funny stories and they seemed to really like that. It was nice having the interview with two people in management positions it was a lot more personal than past interviews I have had, it gave me a good sense of where I could end up if I chose to stay with he company and work my way up through the ranks. One of the better interviews I have ever had, it was pleasant, relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have disliked someone and had to work with them, how did you deal with it?
When have you set goals and how did you meet them? what happened once your goals were reached?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Training required travel.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!