Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated 7 Oct, 2014

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Applied online.

Phone interview with a woman from HR. Pretty straightforward. She asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in this position.

First face to face interview was with the same woman from HR. Asked most of the same questions as over the phone, mostly about my previous experiences. She told me a lot about the company and why the Trainee program is so great. She seemed really interested in me, both over the phone and in person. Told me the next step would be an interview and observation of a local branch. Left with a great feeling.

Next face to face interview was at a local branch with that branch manager and the area manager. Met the assistant manager of the branch first and he was very happy and excited to talk to me about coming to work for the company. Both the branch manager and the area manager were happy and excited to talk to me as well. Asked about previous experience and for examples of dealing with customers, especially unhappy ones. Asked what motivated me in the workplace, and why I wanted this position. Both seemed to like me and what I had to say. They let me know that the next step would be a final interview face to face with the VP of HR. I left this interview with a great feeling too. Got a phone call an hour later confirming my interview with the VP of HR for a few days later.

Met with the VP of HR. He asked me for my impressions of the people I had met and about the interactions I had witnessed at the local branch. He asked if I still had any unanswered questions, and I didn't. Everyone had been great about answering my questions along the way.
    He asked if I would be okay with working the 7:30 am-6 pm hours 5 days a week and I confirmed that I would be. He then went on a tangent about how he hates when people take the job and then complain about the hours later when they had fair warning. The hours had been discussed with me in literally every interview (over the phone, with HR, the local and area managers and now the VP of HR and I think they were even listed on the job posting). He seemed really upset about the people who complain about the hours. I never indicated that I would have a problem with the hours so I was a little shocked that he seemed so upset.
    He then asked if I had a car or would be relying on public transportation. Since I live in the city of Chicago, I don't have my own car right now but I have full access to my aunt and uncle's car who also live in the city. I told him this information and then he went on another tangent about how it's not the company's fault if my career doesn't advance as fast as I want it to because I don't accept a promotion to a branch that isn't close to public transportation. I was shocked that he would assume that I would blame the company for that and explained to him that I am willing to buy a car if that is what it takes to help further my career. It was like he didn't hear me, didn't believe me, or didn't care because he basically repeated that I can't get upset if I turn down promotions because of lack of transportation. I left this final interview feeling horrible. I couldn't tell if this guy was trying to make the decision for me by assuming that I would complain about the hours and turn down promotions based on not having a car. He also did most of the talking in this interview which was another sign of trouble, seeing as most interviews are about getting to know me as a person and a professional and finding out if I would be the right fit for the company.

I got an email a few days later saying thanks for interviewing with us but we're unable to offer you a position.

I am still very confused as to what exactly happened. The interview with HR and the interview with the local and area branch managers all seemed to go very smoothly. We all got along really well, they seemed to have liked what I had to say in response to their questions. And then the final interview everything went upside down.
    He did all the talking. And it honestly felt like a lecture. I was shocked. Before that interview I was positive I would be getting an offer. After that interview, I don't know how to feel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to reach a personal sales goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to reach a sales goal.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

I was recruited at a Career Fair, and had a screening interview with the HR manager shortly thereafter. The first interview is to get a feel for what you're like and if you have the potential to be a good fit for the company. The second interview is with the Area manager and potentially a branch manager. These are all behavioral based questions regarding customer service, personality, and problem solving. They are wanting you to show interpersonal skills and come across as easy going but driven. The last interview is with the Group Rental Manager, and is essentially the same as the previous interview, just with someone higher up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in a past job and how you handled it, what was the outcome, etc.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

applied online on the company website, took a week to hear from the hiring managers, an assessment test, included math test, technology questions, behavioral, role play test.
    scheduled an interview, the interviewer was nice enough to educate you to have a cheat sheet and resume in front of you.
    Initial Interview from enterprise manager, email from the manager not to consider me for the position.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

I was called in for an interview for the Management Trainee program. I went to a local Enterprise store, asked for the person interviewing me, and then was taken to a back room. It took place in a small office with the interviewer at his desk and I sat on the other side. The interviewer asked mostly typical interview questions (Why do you want to work at Enterprise?), but he also threw in a few curveballs

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Suburban, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Suburban, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Questions
    • What did you want to do before this?
      When was a time you were competitive?
      You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
        Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2013.

simple short concise interview. The manager was courteous and informed me of the complete job requirements. I was asked if I had any questions. I had a few that she was able to answer to my satisfaction. She explained the background check and dmv process and I was hired on the spot .

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to apply for this job?   View Answer
    none min wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Questions

The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

(THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.