El Paso

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at El Paso.

Interview Details Interview process is fair.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good.

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at El Paso in January 2011.

Interview Details Process Is Very Easy to Navigate

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Company Is Competitive But Firm In Negotiations First Offer Was Final

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Houston, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in September 2011.

Interview Details The interview was very scripted. Not much interaction, was similar to answering a questionnaire.Having said that, the interviewer was very informative and I had a good feel for what the expectations would be of me if I was hired on.

Engineering Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in October 2011.

Interview Details I met with a manager from Reservoir engineering, facilities engineering, production engineering and drilling engineering departments who each had specific questions to ask. After all the questions were answered we had informal conversation about their position, how I would fit into their department if I chose to work there. Also met with a senior VP briefly and an HR representative to go over benefits.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of questions about relevant courses / projects to the position.   Answer Question

Rotational Development Program Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview was very short! The interviewer first talked about himself and his education background then asked me about my work experience that I have stated on the resume. No situational questions or behavioral or anything! It was the same way with other applicants as well.

Interview Question – what is your role in company x?   Answer Question

PDP Entry Level Geosciences Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in September 2010.

Interview Details 1:1 interview at AAPG student expo; advance to an all day on-site interview where I was interviewed by several different groups of people, each from a different portion of the company with different specialties. Usually asked the same questions by each different group, which got old.

Interview Question – If you were given a project lets say (......) how would you go about attacking it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was what I had expected, so no negotiations were made

Very Easy Interview

Gas Pipeline Controller Interview

Gas Pipeline Controller
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in August 2008.

Interview Details The department manager looked at the resume I sent in with my application and called and asked me to come in for an interview. I went in prepared to sell myself. I had a portfolio and everything. None of it was ever looked at. I was never asked a single question outside of "what do you think of our gym?" I was told what the job was, had the schedule explained to me, met some people around the office, and went home. That night I was offered the job. So were 3 other people. There is a 80% turnover rate in the department...

Interview Questions

Principal IT Analyst Interview

Principal IT Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in April 2007.

Interview Details Interviewed through a recruiter for a contract to hire position. Several people interviewed me all at once in an office. Standard questions about technology and specific questions about SQL Server.

Interview Question – What do you think of cursors in TSQL?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate at the time since it was contract to hire.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for El Paso? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at El Paso interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews are posted anonymously by El Paso employees and interview candidates.