Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2010.

You must do a door to door survey and obtain 25 names and numbers. You must visit an office and speak with a financial advisor to understand the job so that you have a realistic expectation of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we spend $100K in training on you?   View Answer
    Now they offer you 60 percent of your previous salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

online application and two phone interview. First call asked some questions about your background and some scenario questions, but not much. The second checked the information you filled online and then all scenario questions. After that you have the chance to talk with the local FA at the branch. However it's not the interview, just asking your questions about this position. I am now waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are presented on this website. If you prepared, not that difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2013.

Did phone interview .was nice and relax. The interviewer s attitude was good and warm.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Being in HR and looking for work I have been on both sides of the table during the recruitment process. Edward Jones has the most positive recruitment experience I have ever undergone. The recruiter made an appointment for the initial telephone interview and provided detailed information about the role and the organization first. The telephone interview was relaxed and made it easy to answer questions. During the in-person interview I met with both the person I would work for and a co-worker. They had coordinated their interview questions so that there was no overlap. The questions were behavioral based and probed the candidate's experience for the role very well. The application process was a bit long to complete and asked for previous job information that went back many years so it was a little difficult to gather. Once a decision was made the Recruiter (company recruiter) made an appointment with me to provide me with feedback on the selection process and why I was not selected for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult employee relations situation you had to deal with.   View Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

You receive a detailed and transparent 17-page booklet about the role right from the outset. I found it refreshing to be given so much information about the opportunity even before the first interview.

Phone interview was conventional. "Describe a time when you've...". I then went to a career evening to meet existing Advisors, wrote a brief business plan and completed a door-to-door market research activity.

Interview Questions

I decided that the Jones business model wasn't for me. I couldn't see myself knocking on doors for two years straight, but for those that can do it, this is a fantastic firm with wonderful opportunities. If you've got what it takes, choose Jones over the other firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2013.

I got a call from a recruiting firm after they located me on LinkedIn. I applied through the Edward Jones website, and then I attended an information session one evening. Next I did a phone interview, after which I was sent some forms and releases to complete, and a template business plan to complete. I was then referred to one of their Financial Advisors with a list of questions I should ask, as well as any other questions that I could think of. This was very informative. I then spoke again with HR and was given a task to go door-to-door and complete a minimum of 15 surveys - which would give me an idea of what the daily life of a new FA would be. After completing that task I had yet another interview with another FA - this time she was asking the questions.

Throughout the process, they made it perfectly clear what the expectations, risks, and rewards were in this industry. The people I spoke with were up front and honest.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

2 weeks after applying online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for around 30 minutes, mostly situational questions. A few days later, I was contacted by the FA to schedule a face-to-face interview. Similar to phone interview, FA asked situational questions; very standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when.. (after you finished with the whole story)... then they follow up with how was the result.... but at this point I have told them the whole story already...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

I first went to meet with an FA in their office; I had a pleasant conversation and he recommended I apply and go through the recruiting process. Next I had a 20 min phone screen with the Talent Acquisition group followed by an in-depth one hour behavioral phone interview about a week later. If you do your homework and be prepared this should be easy. Next I had to do a business plan and then go door-to-door to get a glimpse of what the life of a FA was like. This was not a problem and was rather enjoyable once I got over the initial one or two homes. Finally I had an in-person interview with the Regional Director (also an FA) and was given a verbal offer a few hours later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples of when you had to deal with rejection and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

FA Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2008.

Initial Screen, Behavioral interview and group interview/feedback

Generic, didn't negotiate much

Trainee Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2012.

I only got to the phone interview part and then realized I did not want the job. You must pay back a significant amount of money in the first 3 years if you want to leave the company. I could not commit to that amount of time so I backed out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were stressed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!