Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated 28 May, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied online, and about a month or two later, email request for a phone interview with a option to select time and date. Very detailed process requesting for all your employment history or else your application will not be considered. If you are hired, your funds will be with Edward Jones meaning you need to hold an account with them. Their website is very comprehensive and so is there interviewing process with an hour long behavioural type questions. In hindsight, you need to really prepare for the questions they ask you and be very thorough. If they request an interview with you, they already want to work with you, just please be thorough with your answers and be very positive.

Interview Questions

• How did you build rapport with customers to go above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edward Jones (Toronto, ON) in April-2015.

Interview

Phone call, pointed questions- Most important was, do you have a business plan. If you do, you can answer with confidence. If you are not prepared with a business plan this can be a tough question. Marketing and prospecting is the most difficult part of the job starting out. Compliance questions and can I get a license.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, Experience, why you think you would be successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't neet to push, when starting it is up to you to make things happen.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Calgary, AB) in January-2015.

Interview

I saw a posting on LinkedIn. I applied through the company's website. I just had to upload a resume and answer a few screening questions. A week after application, I was contacted by a recruiter. I would suggest putting in your resume as soon as possible if you are interested as Edward Jones has a rather lengthy training/licensing process.

Interview Questions

• There were no real traditional interview questions. I was just asked about my experience and how they relate to future career goals. It was more of a chat than a interview.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

online application and two phone interview. First call asked some questions about your background and some scenario questions, but not much. The second checked the information you filled online and then all scenario questions. After that you have the chance to talk with the local FA at the branch. However it's not the interview, just asking your questions about this position. I am now waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are presented on this website. If you prepared, not that difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Being in HR and looking for work I have been on both sides of the table during the recruitment process. Edward Jones has the most positive recruitment experience I have ever undergone. The recruiter made an appointment for the initial telephone interview and provided detailed information about the role and the organization first. The telephone interview was relaxed and made it easy to answer questions. During the in-person interview I met with both the person I would work for and a co-worker. They had coordinated their interview questions so that there was no overlap. The questions were behavioral based and probed the candidate's experience for the role very well. The application process was a bit long to complete and asked for previous job information that went back many years so it was a little difficult to gather. Once a decision was made the Recruiter (company recruiter) made an appointment with me to provide me with feedback on the selection process and why I was not selected for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult employee relations situation you had to deal with.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Vancouver, BC) in August-2013.

Interview

You receive a detailed and transparent 17-page booklet about the role right from the outset. I found it refreshing to be given so much information about the opportunity even before the first interview.

Phone interview was conventional. "Describe a time when you've...". I then went to a career evening to meet existing Advisors, wrote a brief business plan and completed a door-to-door market research activity.

Interview Questions

I decided that the Jones business model wasn't for me. I couldn't see myself knocking on doors for two years straight, but for those that can do it, this is a fantastic firm with wonderful opportunities. If you've got what it takes, choose Jones over the other firms.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Toronto, ON).

Interview

2 weeks after applying online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for around 30 minutes, mostly situational questions. A few days later, I was contacted by the FA to schedule a face-to-face interview. Similar to phone interview, FA asked situational questions; very standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when.. (after you finished with the whole story)... then they follow up with how was the result.... but at this point I have told them the whole story already...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Ottawa, ON).

Interview

I first went to meet with an FA in their office; I had a pleasant conversation and he recommended I apply and go through the recruiting process. Next I had a 20 min phone screen with the Talent Acquisition group followed by an in-depth one hour behavioral phone interview about a week later. If you do your homework and be prepared this should be easy. Next I had to do a business plan and then go door-to-door to get a glimpse of what the life of a FA was like. This was not a problem and was rather enjoyable once I got over the initial one or two homes. Finally I had an in-person interview with the Regional Director (also an FA) and was given a verbal offer a few hours later that day.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of when you had to deal with rejection and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Winnipeg, MB) in June-2013.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiting firm after they located me on LinkedIn. I applied through the Edward Jones website, and then I attended an information session one evening. Next I did a phone interview, after which I was sent some forms and releases to complete, and a template business plan to complete. I was then referred to one of their Financial Advisors with a list of questions I should ask, as well as any other questions that I could think of. This was very informative. I then spoke again with HR and was given a task to go door-to-door and complete a minimum of 15 surveys - which would give me an idea of what the daily life of a new FA would be. After completing that task I had yet another interview with another FA - this time she was asking the questions.

Throughout the process, they made it perfectly clear what the expectations, risks, and rewards were in this industry. The people I spoke with were up front and honest.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edward Jones (Toronto, ON) in March-2013.

Interview

Did phone interview .was nice and relax. The interviewer s attitude was good and warm.