Edward Jones

Getting the Interview

337 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2013.

Interview Details Did phone interview .was nice and relax. The interviewer s attitude was good and warm.

Interview Question – None. The questions were all that u can expect.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details Being in HR and looking for work I have been on both sides of the table during the recruitment process. Edward Jones has the most positive recruitment experience I have ever undergone. The recruiter made an appointment for the initial telephone interview and provided detailed information about the role and the organization first. The telephone interview was relaxed and made it easy to answer questions. During the in-person interview I met with both the person I would work for and a co-worker. They had coordinated their interview questions so that there was no overlap. The questions were behavioral based and probed the candidate's experience for the role very well. The application process was a bit long to complete and asked for previous job information that went back many years so it was a little difficult to gather. Once a decision was made the Recruiter (company recruiter) made an appointment with me to provide me with feedback on the selection process and why I was not selected for the role.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult employee relations situation you had to deal with.   View Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

Interview Details You receive a detailed and transparent 17-page booklet about the role right from the outset. I found it refreshing to be given so much information about the opportunity even before the first interview.

Phone interview was conventional. "Describe a time when you've...". I then went to a career evening to meet existing Advisors, wrote a brief business plan and completed a door-to-door market research activity.

Interview Question – Why should we invest $100k in you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that the Jones business model wasn't for me. I couldn't see myself knocking on doors for two years straight, but for those that can do it, this is a fantastic firm with wonderful opportunities. If you've got what it takes, choose Jones over the other firms.

Winnipeg, MB

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from a recruiting firm after they located me on LinkedIn. I applied through the Edward Jones website, and then I attended an information session one evening. Next I did a phone interview, after which I was sent some forms and releases to complete, and a template business plan to complete. I was then referred to one of their Financial Advisors with a list of questions I should ask, as well as any other questions that I could think of. This was very informative. I then spoke again with HR and was given a task to go door-to-door and complete a minimum of 15 surveys - which would give me an idea of what the daily life of a new FA would be. After completing that task I had yet another interview with another FA - this time she was asking the questions.

Throughout the process, they made it perfectly clear what the expectations, risks, and rewards were in this industry. The people I spoke with were up front and honest.

Interview Question – Completing the Business Plan was tough.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

BOA Branch Office Administrator
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details 2 weeks after applying online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for around 30 minutes, mostly situational questions. A few days later, I was contacted by the FA to schedule a face-to-face interview. Similar to phone interview, FA asked situational questions; very standard interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation when.. (after you finished with the whole story)... then they follow up with how was the result.... but at this point I have told them the whole story already...   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details I first went to meet with an FA in their office; I had a pleasant conversation and he recommended I apply and go through the recruiting process. Next I had a 20 min phone screen with the Talent Acquisition group followed by an in-depth one hour behavioral phone interview about a week later. If you do your homework and be prepared this should be easy. Next I had to do a business plan and then go door-to-door to get a glimpse of what the life of a FA was like. This was not a problem and was rather enjoyable once I got over the initial one or two homes. Finally I had an in-person interview with the Regional Director (also an FA) and was given a verbal offer a few hours later that day.

Interview Question – Provide examples of when you had to deal with rejection and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

FA Recruiting Specialist Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2008.

Interview Details Initial Screen, Behavioral interview and group interview/feedback

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Generic, didn't negotiate much

Trainee Financial Advisor Interview

Trainee Financial Advisor
Hamilton, ON

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2012.

Interview Details I only got to the phone interview part and then realized I did not want the job. You must pay back a significant amount of money in the first 3 years if you want to leave the company. I could not commit to that amount of time so I backed out.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were stressed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator - 12 Months Contract Interview

Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2011.

Interview Details Very friendly demeanour. I took about an hour.
Questions like:
"Time when you dealt with difficult clients"; "Time when you had to handle a conflict";
and also like:
"Why are you interested in Edward Jones and in financial industry in general".
Very thorough answers to my questions.
At the end she requested that I fill out a special Employment Application and send it by fax.
Follow up - she told me that she'll have a decision in 2 weeks.
2 weeks later I followed up by a phone call. No direct answer.
Several days later I received by email a notification saying that they choose other person.

Interview Question – Time when you dealt with different clients?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hamilton, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2009.

Interview Details Sent them a resume through their corporate website and was contacted by someone from HR two days later. Scheduled a phone assessment and took an online skills/personality check. I never got a chance to talk about myself to them because I got a letter from them in the mail saying my skills didn't match what they were looking for.. the letter was dated a day after I took their online tests.

Interview Question – What is your main reason for wanting to become an Edward Jones financial advisor?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones interview questions and advice. All 337 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees and interview candidates.