Ecolab Interview Questions

2.9

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ecolab in February 2014.

With HR manager and Finance Manager - wanted me to relate my past experiences with current job to see if i could meet expectations

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time you were stuck in a difficult situation, had to think on the spot, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

District Manager Pest Elimination Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ecolab in August 2014.

It was a complete joke. There was zero communication between the various departments. It is very obvious it's a god ole boys network. Human Resources was completely clueless. The only reason in which HR was involved was because they wanted to feel important. This was the exact words out of the Regional Managers mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior based questions. Tell me about a time.   Answer Question

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Very nice people at corporate, took care of everything to come interview They flew me in and gave me an interview after several phone interviews. they were very upfront about the situation.

Human Resources/C&B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ecolab in July 2013.

Offer was extended (formally mailed) to me by the Head-HR; joining date was indicated. I negotiated & then we finally agreed upon the compensation. He was to get back to me with the final/revised offer. And, then these people went silent. I tried calling him up/ sent mails/ SMS... but no response. I followed up with him for almost 2 months. Finally I wrote to the MD & then I got a call from the HR Head that they will not be able to hire me.
    Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Interview Questions
    Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2014.

The interview process starts with telephone interviews that are quite extensive. Once past that, you will have face to face interviews with several VP Executives and Higher. If you get past this, you will then be required to take a Caliper Test. Then you will be sent to Corporate for a full day of extensive interviewing

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Was hired after temping for them for six months, their hiring process is not fast, it takes a while to get approval for the person depending on the position. The interviews were not difficult, but they were scheduled for a full day of interview.

Yes, negotiation are possible

Pest Control Technician Interview

Fast response to my application, human resources did a phone interview, then one in the office with a manger then a ride along, seemed like everything was good then no contact.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult, it seemed more geared towards turning me away from the job   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2012.

Thorough interview process including a ride along. This is a great opportunity to see how the job works and the added opportunity to ask questions with individuals in the field, and not a managers view of the job.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2010.

I personally did an internship before being hired full time by the company. Usually a typical interview process will go through the district manager and if they think you are a good fit you will go on a ride along for a day to see what a "typical" day will look like.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot about my knowledge of tools and systems more than I was about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!