Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr, 2015

2.9

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab (Mississauga, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

With HR manager and Finance Manager - wanted me to relate my past experiences with current job to see if i could meet expectations

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were stuck in a difficult situation, had to think on the spot, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Human Resource Interview

Interview

Interview was delayed for almost 20 minutes. There were two interviewers including the HR manager. A very good description of the job scopes and working culture. However, the HR manager looked rather bored and replies were indifferent. Half way through the interview the HR manager got a call and left and never appear again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. What are your weaknesses, what accomplishments do you have, what was most challenging in a certain part of a job. She also asked why I left certain jobs and if I left because I needed certain experience because I needed to move into a higher up position.

Interview Questions

• They went through my resume and asked about each job experience.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab (Anaheim, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They began by introducing themselves and what they do at the company and then opened the floor for me to tell them more about myself. Next, they asked about five situational interview questions. I then was able to ask any questions that I had, and they asked me a few more questions about my locational preference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation or person and how you handled it. (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines.)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision that was unpopular and although you received a lot of black lash from the decision you stuck to it. (Again, I'm paraphrasing.)   Answer Question

Acct Executive Interview

Interview

interview process was very easy, very basic question and straight forward. meet with HR and operations manager, The overall process is simple. The questions and process is simple.Good Luck

Pest Route Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailuku, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab (Wailuku, HI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the District Manager at a very casual location. He was very cordial and earnest in his questions. He held constant eye contact, as did I. This DM was very interested in hiring someone with communication skills as well as someone who could be depended upon. Someone who was willing to climb up the totem pole and advance their career with Ecolab.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which a customer was unhappy and you went above and beyond and turned the situation around?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation with an employer or otherwise that started with conflict that you were able to peacefully resolve with positive outcomes for both parties.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your company and it's reputation without being asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You receive the offer and either accept or reject. Their is no negotiation. This is a company that wants you to start from the bottom and work to the top. If you want to make more money, earn a promotion.

Interview

On campus interview. Did a lot of networking. Networking is the key. Interview is very simple. 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. One of them was a person I already knew. Experience in marketing is a plus point. Understand their business model. Ecolab is top notch company and it is worth all the time. Spend time in research

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Memphis, TN (US)).

Interview

They strung me along because I was a female and they wanted to hire me. The people who have final say so didn't allow and they couldn't tell me that. They just said that there were not any openings, at the moment! I wish I never gave them all my time at the career fair. I could have spoke to more recruiters from other companies.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview day was long, lasted from 8:00-3:30. I gave an hour presentation on previous work, and then had 30 minute interviews with about 8 people. The individual interviews were fairly informal, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time at your old job where you faced a particularly large obstacle or challenge , and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

4 step process that begins with phone screening, panel interview, ride-along with current staff, and ending with secondary panel interview with management. The process was seamless and well communicated with me. The ability to see the job on the ride-along is very informative for an applicant to decide whether it is the correct career to accept if offered the position. The panel interview and ride-along stressed to the candidates to ask probing questions to ensure an accurate assessment leads to an understanding of the job type and whether the candidate can excel at this role.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked is 'what is it that I want to do?'   Answer Question