Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2014.

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   View Answer
I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

2-Step Interview Process:
    Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
    In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
    Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer
    Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Contacted by recruiter through email, telephone interview scheduled. Typical phone interview, discussing background and experience. Contacted a few days later by email to schedule a personal interview with branch manager. It first started with me discussing my background, education, and experience, but then turned more into an information session by the interviewer on the industry and company with few specific questions to me about my experience, skills, or ability to perform the job. I should have taken this as a red flag that he wasn't interested in me, but felt positive when he then had me shadow a sales rep for about an hour. I met every employee in the building, all of which appeared to be well under the age of 30, including the manager. Since I am about 20 years older than everyone in the building, I got the feeling that my age was going to an issue. This suspicion was somewhat validated when the manager came out of his office and quickly escorted me out with little further discussion. I had suspected he was on the phone with the hiring manager in Chicago while I was shadowing the sales rep. His tone had changed and all he told me was that the recruiter would be in touch the following week. I waited until the end of the following week and then emailed the recruiter asking for an update. A few hours later I got the canned rejection form letter email stating that they "decided to pursue other candidates whose credentials better fit their needs". I know that their interview process also consists of phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP of sales after the first personal interview. I never got that chance, and I don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials, which includes 14 years of sales and sales management experience, well more than the recent college grads that they seek. If you do your research on this company, you will see that they boast on the fact that they are a young, Gen Y environment. Try and find an over 40 person, or even over 30, in any of their office party and group photos. The recruiter should have been aware of my approximate age by the work history on my resume and not even had contacted me in the first place if I didn't fit their mold. I find it humiliating and disrespectful to have prepared so hard for that interview and not have been given a fair chance for the job by getting a proper interview and the opportunity for further interviews. I asked the recruiter by email for an explanation of what was lacking in my credentials according to the rejection letter, but got no response. I can't prove that I was rejected for my age, but I also don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials in the sense of sales experience, education, and record of success. Not compared to the 20 somethings that they obviously prefer to hire, anyways.

Interview Questions
    • None really, interviewer did most of the talking and didn't ask me much   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
    none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

Phone interviews before live interview

Smooth

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2013.

Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
    • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question
    Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!