EY

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Be Yourself. We are looking for people who we think will fit the culture. Talk to more people with the firm prior to your interview to get a sense of the firm, the culture and such.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was for a co-op position that eventually turned into a full-time position. The salary and benefit was competitive so there was no need for negotiation

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Interview Question – No Hard questions, but still didn't get the offer.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Question – How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details Initial Interview about experience, education, other positions held

Interview Question – Would you move to Europe for a permanent position   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details Communication skill, Aptitude test, HR round and technical interview

Interview Question – On the spot case study solving   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was on campus. Interview has two parts. The first part is 15mins pre-interview. I was interview with an manager and a senior. The second part is 30mins. There is a pre-night before the interview, including dinner and bowling. No behavior questions in the first round interview. It is more about tell me youself and go thorough the resume.

Interview Question – What are the two edges of your personalities   Answer Question

Tax Staff

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I was referred by an alumni.

The interview was very pleasant. They asked a lot of behavioral questions while telling me more about the position. They were open, nice and informative. They loved hearing about your plan to pursue higher training and your willingness to learn.

Interview Question – Unexpected: What do you expect out of your first job after graduation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting program. First interview on campus after chatting with recruiter during mingle session. Second interview was the office visit. I interviewed with 2 partners.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Very easy interview. Why you choose Houston. Why you like EY? Why you choose tax as your concentration? There was no behavior question at all.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!