EY

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details First round was on campus interview, and ask the general questions about leadership, teamwork and skills. The second round interview on site and similar questions like the first round.

Interview Question – When face the same questions, it's hard to get the different answers immediately.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details Interviews were conversational rather than technical. Everyone was very welcoming and did not have an intimidating presence. Just make sure to know what exactly is on your resume. Also, bring an updated resume copy. For some reason my interviewers had an old version of my resume, even though I had updated my information in the EY system. I provided them with an updated one. I suggest that before your interview starts, to make sure that they have your new resume and it they don't, hand them a new one.

Interview Question – I was asked to discuss a recent tax article that I read that I found interesting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details Was interviewed on campus first by tax partner from New York, NY office then was invited to super day at office and had 2 interviews then lunch with first year tax staff

Interview Question – Why tax versus audit?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Normal 1st round behavior questions and accepted for 2nd round. Recruiters are overall very friendly. In the 2nd round, the first recruiter went over my resume and asked my tones of behavioral questions; the second recruiter, I just has a great conversation with him.

Interview Question – No questions are unexpected, they are just behaviorals. But the amount of the questions is kinda suprised me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details I sent me resume in to the HR department and within days got an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy-took about 30 minutes and asked me questions like "why I chose my university" and "why tax". No behavior questions.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied through my university and got the first-round interview. One on one where she asked me about things on my resume, mostly. Was asked to come back for second-round "super day." Each interviewee was assigned their own E&Y associate to guide them to their 2 interviews. First interview of the day was much like the on-campus one. About half an hour long. Then the 2nd interview involved more behavioral questions. After that, the company takes you out to a nice lunch, which was the best part of the day : )

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were unable to complete an assignment your boss or teacher gave you, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Intern interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.