EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
    During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
    He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Questions
    • What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

1. Excruciating 3 long telephonic round. approx 5 hrs invested.
    2. video call with Director. seems quite rude to his employee. yelling on them and it was deal breaker for me.
    3. local Mallyali guy selected . seems sheer discrimination.
    4. Did not reimburse my travel expense.
    very regional centric and if you are north Indian. please do not join EY @ Kerala. , non they are going to hire you even if you are qualified.

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Questions
    • None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was non-existent.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Firm. No negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Very smooth

Interview Questions

There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!