EY

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through another source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Question – What are your 3 weakenesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Interview Question – How do we know you will stick with EY?   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourseld   View Answer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Not really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Firm. No negotiation.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Interview Question – M&A Focused questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!