EY Senior Applications Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

They had a tech screen initially which was comprised of some simpler questions, but was more geared to personality, culture fit. The follow up, in-person interview was conducted by four team leads all interviewing for spots on their teams. They compared notes, and competed for the applicants that fit their team and openings best. The questions went from very specific about frameworks and communications security to philosophical stances on development and team work.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected and difficult question happened when I was discussing the WCF restful service that we had implemented at my previous job. They wanted to know how we were securing the communications using both transport and message level security options.   View Answer
Very short. Their offer was extremely generous, much more than I had hoped to get for a comparable position. I attempted to negotiate a signing bonus, because the base salary was so good that I didn't feel that I could negotiate it, but failed. I ended up accepting the offer exactly as it was originally presented to me. They see to offer generous packages, and do not expect to negotiate or modify the offer in any way.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!