EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details They had a tech screen initially which was comprised of some simpler questions, but was more geared to personality, culture fit. The follow up, in-person interview was conducted by four team leads all interviewing for spots on their teams. They compared notes, and competed for the applicants that fit their team and openings best. The questions went from very specific about frameworks and communications security to philosophical stances on development and team work.

Interview Question – The most unexpected and difficult question happened when I was discussing the WCF restful service that we had implemented at my previous job. They wanted to know how we were securing the communications using both transport and message level security options.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very short. Their offer was extremely generous, much more than I had hoped to get for a comparable position. I attempted to negotiate a signing bonus, because the base salary was so good that I didn't feel that I could negotiate it, but failed. I ended up accepting the offer exactly as it was originally presented to me. They see to offer generous packages, and do not expect to negotiate or modify the offer in any way.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.