EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Rome (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details 3 round interviews. First round group interview with a logic test. Second round with the HR. Final round with a Senior Manager / Partner discussing a business case

Interview Question – Estimate the market size of watches in your country   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details 1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Question – There were't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details 3 round process.
I completed 2 rounds and am preparing for the 3rd round interview, which is with a Director.
1 round interview was a telephone interview, about 20 min. Straight forward questions about projects and to test technical know how.
2 round was a case - 2 page case about a company and it's current situation. Given 30 min to analyse, then had to answer questions from an EY manager. Again straight forward but needed to know my stuff and demonstrate experience and analysis. Best to prep with some generic case study examples.
3 round is to be a 10 min presentation with 50 min QA but will include questions re CV and experience.

So far the people have been really nice and helpful.

Interview Question – mostly technical so if you know your stuff you should be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant
Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details One hour interview with HR followed by a one hour interview with 2 Senior Managers. Interview involved reviews of last work documentation I brought and asking technical questions. Interviewees made it clear that hours would be very long but experience would be enormous. Interview was more to establish personality as position was client facing.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. Overall experience was discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated an increase in 500 per month. Negotiation was simple and I received an answer within a couple hours.

Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous rounds of interviews and analysis for selection. But post hiring different role might be given.

Interview Question – Case Analysis & Partner Interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY SENIOR Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.