EY

Updated 11 Nov, 2014
Updated 11 Nov, 2014

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
    During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
    He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Questions
    • What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Typical process. First HR interview and then technical phone interview. They did not inform me that the second interview would be technical though. Then 3 on site interviews with managers and senior managers. Each 40 minutes and varied in technical questions. I figured these would be more behavorial but were not. I also had to write a case study which was online and timed. It wasn't difficult.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

3 steps : HR interview, back-up check, Group Excercises, logic tests, operational and manager interviews. English level tests, mathematical tests, analytic tests. Personal and behaviourial tests
    Written expression, Resume description and personal interest for the market and IT

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about common software used and global knowledge on the clients.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students. school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.

Interview Questions
    • regular interview, no international students   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I was referred by a friend.It took just 2 weeks from the time the Resume was submitted and I got a call from HR. Total 3 Interviews.
    1: Scheduled a preliminary round with HR.
    2: Phone Interview with Senior Consultant ( bcoz manager was not available)
    3: 45 minutes each on site interview with Sr. Manager, Partner and Manager.

They all gave a background of EY work structure, FSO, Risk Management and their experience in EY so far. It was more like a discussion than an interview.
    Basic behavioral, project based and some conceptual questions like What is CFPB Reporting etc..

Very good overall Experience, professional enviornment and structured process. HR was very supporting in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most Unexpected: Which areas are you interested in ( Operational Risk, Regulatory or Compliance) working towards? Basically, they were trying to gauge where would I like to enhance my professional skills and where could they leverage my experience in.
      No difficult questions.
      Give an example of a project which involved performance improvement?
      Challenging project?
      What was your role in it ?

- Tips : Follow the STAR format while answering behavioral questions.
      Read your resume thoroughly.
      Be confident
        Answer Question
    Relocation and Base.

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.