EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

2.8

253 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Performance Improvement - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The recruitment process was slow to start. In November I was contacted by a recuiter and after they took in my profile they didn't hear back from EY till January. Once the position came back in scope the process moved fast with two phone interviews that were followed by one morning round of interviews with Senior Managers and an Executive Manager.
    Overall these were very nice people to work with, especially during the interviews. They really try to see if you're a good fit for their teams. It seems like an engaging culture to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to have to dive deep into your resume. They are looking for example of past experiences to determine how well you can explain it and relate it to the position they're looking to fill. Show how you can relate to potential client needs.
      No business case was presented.
        Answer Question

Technology Adviser Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

first round on-campus behavioral interview, second round office visit Superday

EY Advisory FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

a standard big 4 process, recruiter contacted the candidate, phone interview first. Then invited to the office to meet 2 partners and 1 Senior Manager.

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   View Answer

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I had two interviews. The first was on campus and the second at EY office. The first was all about my resume. The interviewer asked me a questions based on my resume. After the first interview, I was called for the second interview at their office which included a case and 2 resume based interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case was a bit tricky. I had to explain my reasoning first before trying to answer the case   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions
    • Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Apply for the job posting on AEA website and the first round interview is in AEA conference. meet two people in the team, a manager and a principal. They are especially nice and really did ask me too many questions but introduce their transfer pricing team. And after the interview I went to the dinner reception and met couple other ppl in the team as well as other candidates. I think the first round interview is mainly to test whether your personality fit in this team.

And then I was invited to on-site in NYC. The arrange of second round took me abt 1 month to go through. Just finish two days ago, met several other seniors, managers, principals. Also I did a presentation on my Phd job market paper. The interview seems went well.

Waiting for results. Cross fingers.

ITRA Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

I applied through my school career website. In about 2 weeks I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minute behavioral interview with a partner. She was very friendly and welcoming. Some of the questions she asked were: Why do you want to work in consulting? Why do you want to work at EY? Tell me about a situation when you were a leader in a team? Tell me about a conflict that you experienced in a team... They called me the next day to invite for a super day on Friday. It consisted of 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The super day started very early. I had to be in the office by 8.15am. In the beginning we had a presentation, then we were introduced to our escorts who showed around the office that day. The behavioral interviews were pretty much the same as in the first round. The case study was about a brick and mortar bank that wanted to merge with an online bank. Later we had lunch with our escorts. They took us to a nice restaurant on Times Square. We talked, ate, and had a good time. But don't be caught off guard- this is also a part of your interview. The day after the super day the recruiter called me to make an offer. they gave me 3 weeks to decide.

no negotiation