EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, invited to final round in NYC headquarters for two back-to-back, one-on-one interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and not too intense of a process. Heard back a week later through email.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Campus Recruiting - Great interview. Asked many behavioral questions. Gave me scenarios and asked what I would do. There is a written component which is really east and you receive in an email a few days later.

SuperDay - This is your secon round of interviews. You go to the office where you would be interning. There are 3 interviews. 1: Basic interview. Ask same behavioral questions. Walk through your resume/experience. 2: Case study. Not that difficult. I would recommend practicing. Know how to work through a problem and think out side of the box. They want to see that you are capable of critical thinking. They do not necessarily care if you are right, rather they want to see how you attack a problem. Just stay calm and composed. 3: Last interview is geared toward how you would fit in EY. Scenario questions are asked as well as job specific questions.

Overall great experience. The entire staff at EY was very open to questions and the interviews made me fall more in love with EY.

Interview Questions

• The case study is by far the hardest part of the interview process. Google EY Case Studies and look at practice ones. Also listen to the podcasts that they send via email.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do a phone offer, then an offial email.

Financial Services Office - Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had first interview on campus and was invited to their new york office for second round interview. First round was very easy, a 30 minute behavioral interview. Second round was more difficult. There were 3 30 minute interviews. Two were behavioral and one was a case study. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you worked in group project
      time you had to solve an inefficiency

Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Mid september the director of my program sent out an email alerting us to a few job offers EY had for MIS students. I finished my application around Sept. 20th. Later that week I got an email back saying I had an on campus interview the following week.

I found the on campus interview to be rather unorganized. First they put you in a room with some Staff from the local office then take you in to do a behavioral (resume walk through) interview with a manager through the local office. "Tell me about a time you were a leader" "What is your experience with tech, Excel, Access etc". I thought I did pretty bad as me and the interviewer didn't really hit it off she was pretty bland but the questions we're easy exactly what I expected.

Three weeks later I heard back that I had an Office Visit interview for mid november in NYC (my first choice office as indicated in first interview). They fly you in if you're far enough, put you up in a hotel the whole nine yards. Definitely take the hotel even if you're not too far so you can feel relaxed going in the day of and not worrying about traffic.

9:30 you meet in the office, Recruiters give you and other dozen or so candidates a brag slide show about how great EY, standard rankings and stuff. Then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. Whole day felt super rushed, interviews back to back to back. My first was with a Manager, then Senior Manager and finally a case with a Partner. First two interviews we're pretty behavioral, only asked one or two questions actually and my answers turned into a conversation. Partner interview with a case was pretty intimidating but they are looking for your thought process not an answer. Case was NOT like a consulting case for MBB, I studied some frameworks but did not use them, it is a written case.

Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Friday interview.

Interview Questions

• 20 minutes to read the case and analyze it. Case was about 6 pages long, a lot to look over in a short period of time.   1 Answer

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied via school's recruiting website and had a first round interview on campus. This interview was entirely behavioral, asked about past experiences, "tell me about a time when ______", and other classic behavioral questions. I then received a writing assessment where I was given 45 minutes to write a response to a prompt. About a week later I received a final round interview which was a "Megaday" (2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview, a lunch, and an office tour).

Interview Questions

• Writing sample was totally unexpected (no one told me I would have one). The case was about benefits and risks with launching a mobile banking app- not difficult and it was interviewer-led   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   1 Answer

Business Advisor Program Interview

Application

Interview

I got the first round interview on campus. It was an 1:1 interview. And they just went through my resume and asked behavior questions, such as my leadership experiences, difficult time in work, or why EY, why the position. The recruiters were very nice. Then, they sent me a writing assessment, and after that, I was invited to office for the second round interview including a case interview, which happened about two weeks after the writing assessment.

Advisory Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: one on-campus, the other one on-site. The first round is more like a behavioral interview, but the second one is pretty technical. They focus on very single detail you have on your resume, so be prepared cause asking anything on your resume is a fair game

Interview Questions

• They may ask technical questions you never heard before. But don't be panic. Just tell them you don't know the background and they are always nice to explain the background knowledge.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied through my career center and got a decision for first interview in a week. The first round interview consisted of behavioral questions and resume review. The second interview confirmation was sent within the next day. EY's office interview was more conversational than structured. They really wanted to see if your personality would fit the firm. I received a call within the next day with the offer.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

EY employees conducted an on campus information session. I applied through my university after the info session and was accepted for an on campus interview. After this initial behavioral interview EY approved me for the next step of the process. A 3 interview long megaday at their Times Square office. They flew you out on their dime.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question regarding a fictitious company and how as a consultant you would help the company expand their business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.