EY

2.8

269 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Advisory Consultant Program- Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied through Campus Recruiting Center. First round interviews were held on campus and consisted of a behavioral interview with a Senior Manager or a Partner. Everything was very casual and relaxed. The interviewer was very friendly and open for the dialogue. Got the invite for the Super day the next week.
    For the second round of interviews (aka Super day) I was taken to Dallas, TX. There we had a pre interview networking session, which I highly recommend to attend (if you are lucky enough, you may meet your interviewers there). The next day I had 3 back-to-back interviews 45 minute each with Senior Managers/Partners: two behavioral, and one case interview. Again, all the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. In about a week I got a call with the job offer notification.

Interview Questions
    • The case was pretty big (5 pages) for 45 minutes, make sure you practice a lot with note taking, because they collect everything after you are done with the case.
      Behavioral questions were: Why EY, Why consulting, Why [insert our department here], Strengths/Weaknesses, Leadership, Teamwork, Conflict. Make sure you know your resume and can elaborate on each and every point in it. Also, S.T.A.R. framework is really helpful
        Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied through University website, was informed I was chosen for a first round interview. Invited to attend an EY Dinner with all other interviewees and professionals from the firm. The next day, a greeter led us to the half hour long interview. My interviewer told me a little about himself and then asked the same of me. The interview was mostly conversational, but he asked me about a few things on my resume and my class load. Was called back for a second round in the city.

At Super Day, 16 potential interns and full-timers were put into a room where we introduced ourselves. We were then shown a PowerPoint and told a little more about the company. After, some of us were told to first stay in the room for a Panel, consisting of a few new hires, who were there to answer any questions and give us advice. Others went straight to the two half hour interviews, then we switched. Those were pretty straight forward. Both the senior manager and partner who interviewed me were really nice. The first asked me questions- like how I handle multi-tasking, what the most recent thing I was really proud of was and something I've worked on or done that was frustrating and other similar ones. Other questions were resume based- then we just chatted and she pretty much told me I passed all of the questions she had.The partner I interviewed with asked more resume based questions, especially about the older things on my resume. He asked about a few competitions I did 2 and 4 years ago, which I wasn't expecting. The mood was really relaxed and casual though and we joked a bit. We related on tennis and some other interests as well. Overall, really relaxed interviews that went by smoothly and quickly. No curve balls were thrown, perhaps because of Vision 2020.

Intern, no negotiations.

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I went to 2 career fairs and 4 on-campus events and really networked with the employees and recruiters. I emailed Thank You notes to everyone I met.

I received the interview and met with the interviewer on a pre-night. Very relaxed culture and a bit nerdy, which is probably fine if you're applying for this position. EY is organized and friendly. I moved on to second round at NYC. They put me up in a hotel for the night and I interviewed with a partner and manager. I got my offer call from the partner 2 days later.

All the interviews were relaxed and laid back. Basic behavioral questions and I prepared by compiling all the questions asked on this site. Come up with an outstanding "Why EY" answer and you're going far. Nothing technical required.

Make sure to ask for their cards, or get their first and last name. All the emails will be [email protected]

Interview Questions
    • My hardest question was "Explain a time you delivered bad news?". All questions were behavioral. I went on this site and compiled all the questions together in order to understand what they will ask.   Answer Question
    • Why EY?   View Answer
    • Why choose you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   View Answer
    The letter came and I agreed. I did not want to stir up trouble for an internship. I may negotiate later for full-time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting and selected to the first round interview.Very relax and easy question. Interviewer is manager and looks very nice. She went over my resume very slowly and make comments; she focus on people and write down every details I said.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.

External Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Had contact with campus recruiter for a year or so and had an interview on campus in October 2014. Got called for 2nd round in NYC fso office followed by lunch, it was very professionally put together. All the interviews were very similar, mostly conversation based, couple classic behavioral questions here and there but over not difficult.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied on the university's hiring website for diversified tax intern. I got an on-campus interview and invited to the pre-interview dinner. During the dinner, I met my interviewer and talked to her. She was a campus recruiter in another university. The interview was very easy, just behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about your group work. How was it going? And is there any conflicts during the group discussion?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question