EY

2.8

274 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Process lasted for a month and half. Handed in my resume through my school. Had a first round on campus interview with two interviewers. Was called in for an Office Visit, during which I talked to three employees - two behavior and one case interview. Case interview was very interesting and not very hard. Had a panel discussion after and was taken out to lunch by two analysts. People were warm and nice. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were asking about my past internship experience in a more technical way than I expected. My suggestions is don't put anything on your resume that you can't discuss in details.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

TAS Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews. The first one behavioral with recruiting manager and the second with practice manager with mixed behavioral and technical questions. After that was invited to come to the office for interviews with 5 people (two partners and three managers).
    Questions:

- What is your leadership style?
    - Walk me through your resume
    - Tell me something that is not on your CV

Interview Questions
    • - Describe situation when you dealt with an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question
    Was able to increase my salary by 5k

Advisory Consultant Program- Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied through Campus Recruiting Center. First round interviews were held on campus and consisted of a behavioral interview with a Senior Manager or a Partner. Everything was very casual and relaxed. The interviewer was very friendly and open for the dialogue. Got the invite for the Super day the next week.
    For the second round of interviews (aka Super day) I was taken to Dallas, TX. There we had a pre interview networking session, which I highly recommend to attend (if you are lucky enough, you may meet your interviewers there). The next day I had 3 back-to-back interviews 45 minute each with Senior Managers/Partners: two behavioral, and one case interview. Again, all the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. In about a week I got a call with the job offer notification.

Interview Questions
    • The case was pretty big (5 pages) for 45 minutes, make sure you practice a lot with note taking, because they collect everything after you are done with the case.
      Behavioral questions were: Why EY, Why consulting, Why [insert our department here], Strengths/Weaknesses, Leadership, Teamwork, Conflict. Make sure you know your resume and can elaborate on each and every point in it. Also, S.T.A.R. framework is really helpful

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I went to 2 career fairs and 4 on-campus events and really networked with the employees and recruiters. I emailed Thank You notes to everyone I met.

I received the interview and met with the interviewer on a pre-night. Very relaxed culture and a bit nerdy, which is probably fine if you're applying for this position. EY is organized and friendly. I moved on to second round at NYC. They put me up in a hotel for the night and I interviewed with a partner and manager. I got my offer call from the partner 2 days later.

All the interviews were relaxed and laid back. Basic behavioral questions and I prepared by compiling all the questions asked on this site. Come up with an outstanding "Why EY" answer and you're going far. Nothing technical required.

Make sure to ask for their cards, or get their first and last name. All the emails will be [email protected]

Interview Questions
    • My hardest question was "Explain a time you delivered bad news?". All questions were behavioral. I went on this site and compiled all the questions together in order to understand what they will ask.   Answer Question
    • Why EY?   View Answer
    • Why choose you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   View Answer
    The letter came and I agreed. I did not want to stir up trouble for an internship. I may negotiate later for full-time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Applied through University website, was informed I was chosen for a first round interview. Invited to attend an EY Dinner with all other interviewees and professionals from the firm. The next day, a greeter led us to the half hour long interview. My interviewer told me a little about himself and then asked the same of me. The interview was mostly conversational, but he asked me about a few things on my resume and my class load. Was called back for a second round in the city.

At Super Day, 16 potential interns and full-timers were put into a room where we introduced ourselves. We were then shown a PowerPoint and told a little more about the company. After, some of us were told to first stay in the room for a Panel, consisting of a few new hires, who were there to answer any questions and give us advice. Others went straight to the two half hour interviews, then we switched. Those were pretty straight forward. Both the senior manager and partner who interviewed me were really nice. The first asked me questions- like how I handle multi-tasking, what the most recent thing I was really proud of was and something I've worked on or done that was frustrating and other similar ones. Other questions were resume based- then we just chatted and she pretty much told me I passed all of the questions she had.The partner I interviewed with asked more resume based questions, especially about the older things on my resume. He asked about a few competitions I did 2 and 4 years ago, which I wasn't expecting. The mood was really relaxed and casual though and we joked a bit. We related on tennis and some other interests as well. Overall, really relaxed interviews that went by smoothly and quickly. No curve balls were thrown, perhaps because of Vision 2020.

Intern, no negotiations.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting and selected to the first round interview.Very relax and easy question. Interviewer is manager and looks very nice. She went over my resume very slowly and make comments; she focus on people and write down every details I said.

TAP FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied through my career fair website then about 2 weeks later I received an email saying I got the on campus interview. The night before the interview there was a networking dinner for all candidates. The first round interview was easy behavioral questions. Then about 2 weeks later I got the email saying I made it to the final round interviews in NY. There was a writing assessment I had to do also. The final round was 3 interviews including 1 case and 2 behavioral. The case wasn't too hard and the behaviorals weren't bad either. I then got a call the next week from the head recruiter congratulating me on getting the job. The following day I received my package, as well as a personal email from the head partner of my program.

Interview Questions
    none - it is an internship