EY

2.8

266 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Applied through University website, was informed I was chosen for a first round interview. Invited to attend an EY Dinner with all other interviewees and professionals from the firm. The next day, a greeter led us to the half hour long interview. My interviewer told me a little about himself and then asked the same of me. The interview was mostly conversational, but he asked me about a few things on my resume and my class load. Was called back for a second round in the city.

At Super Day, 16 potential interns and full-timers were put into a room where we introduced ourselves. We were then shown a PowerPoint and told a little more about the company. After, some of us were told to first stay in the room for a Panel, consisting of a few new hires, who were there to answer any questions and give us advice. Others went straight to the two half hour interviews, then we switched. Those were pretty straight forward. Both the senior manager and partner who interviewed me were really nice. The first asked me questions- like how I handle multi-tasking, what the most recent thing I was really proud of was and something I've worked on or done that was frustrating and other similar ones. Other questions were resume based- then we just chatted and she pretty much told me I passed all of the questions she had.The partner I interviewed with asked more resume based questions, especially about the older things on my resume. He asked about a few competitions I did 2 and 4 years ago, which I wasn't expecting. The mood was really relaxed and casual though and we joked a bit. We related on tennis and some other interests as well. Overall, really relaxed interviews that went by smoothly and quickly. No curve balls were thrown, perhaps because of Vision 2020.

Intern, no negotiations.

Advisory Consultant Program- Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied through Campus Recruiting Center. First round interviews were held on campus and consisted of a behavioral interview with a Senior Manager or a Partner. Everything was very casual and relaxed. The interviewer was very friendly and open for the dialogue. Got the invite for the Super day the next week.
    For the second round of interviews (aka Super day) I was taken to Dallas, TX. There we had a pre interview networking session, which I highly recommend to attend (if you are lucky enough, you may meet your interviewers there). The next day I had 3 back-to-back interviews 45 minute each with Senior Managers/Partners: two behavioral, and one case interview. Again, all the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. In about a week I got a call with the job offer notification.

Interview Questions
    • The case was pretty big (5 pages) for 45 minutes, make sure you practice a lot with note taking, because they collect everything after you are done with the case.
      Behavioral questions were: Why EY, Why consulting, Why [insert our department here], Strengths/Weaknesses, Leadership, Teamwork, Conflict. Make sure you know your resume and can elaborate on each and every point in it. Also, S.T.A.R. framework is really helpful
        Answer Question

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting and selected to the first round interview.Very relax and easy question. Interviewer is manager and looks very nice. She went over my resume very slowly and make comments; she focus on people and write down every details I said.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Came from campus recruiting. On campus interviewer were supposed to be a manager. The manager got schedule conflict so the campus recruiter conducted the interview instead. It was pretty relaxed, just behavior questions and why EY kind of classical questions. I had a great interview experience with our campus recuiter. I received the office interview invitation three days later.

There were two round interviews for the on site. My first interviewer were a senior manager and then a manager. My first interview went smoothly. However, I didn't handle the questions well on my second one. Although he said his interview style was conversational, I didn't like it. He didn't ask too many follow up questions and kind of let me lead the interview. I was a little bit panic when the talk came to stop.

I received an phone call about one and half week later said they will extend an offer to me but the official offer letter will be given by next week. I am still waiting for it.

Some insiders said if they give you the offer very quickly, one to three days, you were their top candidate other wise you might on the waiting list, not their first choice.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied on the university's hiring website for diversified tax intern. I got an on-campus interview and invited to the pre-interview dinner. During the dinner, I met my interviewer and talked to her. She was a campus recruiter in another university. The interview was very easy, just behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about your group work. How was it going? And is there any conflicts during the group discussion?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Did not ask any technical or behavior question. Interviewer just went through my CV and ask me to ask him questions. The entire process is very conversational. Get a feeling that the interviewer is just testing the interviewee's interpersonal skill instead of technical skill. I suggest applicants should be prepared to ask some questions that shows you have done some research to the firm.

Business Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2014.

Applied by university career center and got an interview in New York after 3 weeks. The interview was 30min, basically about your resume as well as several behavioral questions. The interviewer should be a senior staff. After the interview, I didn't hear anything in a months thought the interviewer told me that the decision should be made with 2 weeks. So I emailed him to ask the result and I got an email on the next morning that there isn't any position available for me at this time.

Interview Questions
    • How you make a decision and what role will you be in a team?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question