EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

253 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I got the first round interview on campus. It was an 1:1 interview. And they just went through my resume and asked behavior questions, such as my leadership experiences, difficult time in work, or why EY, why the position. The recruiters were very nice. Then, they sent me a writing assessment, and after that, I was invited to office for the second round interview including a case interview, which happened about two weeks after the writing assessment.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Process lasted for a month and half. Handed in my resume through my school. Had a first round on campus interview with two interviewers. Was called in for an Office Visit, during which I talked to three employees - two behavior and one case interview. Case interview was very interesting and not very hard. Had a panel discussion after and was taken out to lunch by two analysts. People were warm and nice. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were asking about my past internship experience in a more technical way than I expected. My suggestions is don't put anything on your resume that you can't discuss in details.   Answer Question

TAS Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews. The first one behavioral with recruiting manager and the second with practice manager with mixed behavioral and technical questions. After that was invited to come to the office for interviews with 5 people (two partners and three managers).
    Questions:

- What is your leadership style?
    - Walk me through your resume
    - Tell me something that is not on your CV

Interview Questions
    • - Describe situation when you dealt with an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question
    Was able to increase my salary by 5k

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied on the university's hiring website for diversified tax intern. I got an on-campus interview and invited to the pre-interview dinner. During the dinner, I met my interviewer and talked to her. She was a campus recruiter in another university. The interview was very easy, just behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about your group work. How was it going? And is there any conflicts during the group discussion?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Did not ask any technical or behavior question. Interviewer just went through my CV and ask me to ask him questions. The entire process is very conversational. Get a feeling that the interviewer is just testing the interviewee's interpersonal skill instead of technical skill. I suggest applicants should be prepared to ask some questions that shows you have done some research to the firm.

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.