EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

243 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

campus interview, on-site interview, written interview, and case interview
    Pre-interview dinners are important since you can personally meet your interviewer in advance of your actual interviews. All interviews are behavioral except for the case interview. However, the case interview is not hard. Prepare for it with a couple of case interview examples online and you should be ready.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Had an on-campus interview, during college career fair, with an actuary and was invited to super day in Chicago with 20+ other candidates for summer internship program. There were 3 interviews in total, (1 case study, 2 behavioral + informational interviews). Felt pretty good after the interviews. All interviews were with mangers and/or senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most tricky part. Had 5 minutes to read a 3 page document which was basically a proposal to start a rewards program for a credit card company. There was a brief 2 line mention of 'actuarial review required for the benefits...' towards the end of the document. The manager started the conversation by asking about those 2 lines (which I didn't get the chance to get to in the short time) and basically went on about it. It was tough, but I think I came through   Answer Question
    Got a phone call within couple of hours of the interview - was asked for location preference (NYC. Chicago, Boston or Philly)

Experienced Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

1) Resumes are prescreened by HR so highligh the summary of work experience and research the practice that has the service offering you are interested to properly aligned you with the right manager, senior manager and partner to interview.
    2) Another screening through phone interview (background, competency) before you get scheduled for an office interview.
    3) Candidate will be interviewed by 3 executives. Interviews are designed to give insight to your various skills in people, technical skills, operational excellence and growth.
    4) Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • For audits/assurance, you maybe asked about your process or how to execute your audit.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Communicated with campus recruiter. Got through both interview processes within a month. Interview was mostly behavioral with a couple technical questions. Met with 1 partner and 2 senior managers for the super day, which was more laid back than expected.

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Supervising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Did a quick pre-qual phone interview with a recruited. A few days later set up an interview at 5 Times Square and interviewed with the two hiring managers. Took about 30 minutes. Received a call the next day with an offer. Accepted and started 2 weeks later.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Questions
    • What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!