EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 11 Sep, 2014

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

1st Round Interview - On-Campus
    2nd Round Interview - In-House

1. Behavioral questions that relate to working under pressure.
    2. Personal and professional goals and how the company will help you accomplish said goals.
    3. How will you meet the CPA requirements?

Interview Questions
    • Why is your GPA relatively low compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

In-office interview w/ heavy senior associates and a senior manager that takes the whole afternoon. First interviewed w/ a on-campus recruiter (who was also a senior manager).

Interview Questions
    • All very typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about yourself." "Tell me about an experience where you displayed leadership skills." etc.   Answer Question
    Salary was non-negotiable. Received a call the day after the interview extending an offer.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Advisory Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Very calm interview. The interviewer wanted to know my personality and character. Nothing really technical. Just behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Full Time Positio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with E&Y senior manager. She was very nice. She told me this was her first time coming to my school for the on-campus interviews. Asked me a few questions and let me ask her questions.
    Overall, I think I did ok, should have done better and made more impressions on her.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview is very personality based. Not really many technical questions during the interview process. Basically, they are looking for people that they want to spend 50+ hours a week with.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2011.

Initially had a screening type interview with someone from HR. They were very nice and personable, however, I noted that they didn't really discuss the benefits so much of working at E&Y and with the specific group I was interested in (change management). It was a very surface level interview. I then had a phone interview focused on skills which they did an excellent job of diving deep and broad to uncover change management experiences, based on our conversation I was confident this individual also knew change management. Again though, the time allotted didn't really allow me an opportunity to ask questions about the company and get a feel for the team. Wasn't overly concerned because the final interviews would be another opportunity for that. Was flown out for interview with executive and a couple individuals in the group. The interviews went very deep and I got the sense were more specific to project needs rather than overall fit. Was increasingly sensing that specialization was what they were looking for, which wasn't necessarily what I was looking for. The interviews also took a turn when I realized I was there to meet only the exec in person and the other interviews would be virtual. Admittedly it turned me off that I was flown out for interviews to essentially only meet one person in-person, it gave me a sense that the interview wasn't that important to them. When I asked questions about how they differentiate themselves in the market, and how they aligned with the greater organization the answers were very immature in my opinion. For interviewers that go very deep skill and experience-wise and then to stay on the surface when asked and probed about their own company direction and that of the team, it gave me the sense that leadership wasn't really sure what their strategy was, just that they may need change management people at some point. I was also turned off to the company by the executive after he only allowed about 2 minutes for me to ask questions of him and the organization and seemed disinterested and overly hurried once we weren't talking about me and what I could do for him. Maybe E&Y is getting so many great candidates that they don't feel the need to sell the candidate themselves on why they should be excited about E&Y. Ultimately, I left without being sold on why I should join them. I give them credit though because they decided not to make an offer and I mutually agreed it was not a great fit based on the interviews, so I think they saw that culturally the team-based and collaborative consulting culture I better align with was not a good fit for how they run their business. My sense is this is a company and group that hasn't figured out how they plug back into consulting. I also got a sense that they were quite risk averse and rigid, which was the opposite of what I expected given their infancy in getting back into consulting, it was not the entrepreneurial culture I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about how you've attempted to sell change management to your internal colleagues?   Answer Question

Senior Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in June 2011.

I went through 10+ interviews with various recruiters, directors, partners and peer-level employees. Most interviews were pretty casual. We'd go over my resume, skills, experience, etc. I really liked everyone. They seemed to truly love the company and their job. My advice it to just be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something personal about yourself that you think I would find interesting.   View Answer
    • I want you to rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to ______ and back that up with specifics.   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was excellent and you can't beat the benefits of a company like this.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

First you are contacted through email for a campus interview. Then you are interviewed one on one with an HR representative. Afterwards, if you are selected for a second round interview, you go into the office, and are interviewed by four different employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had many deadlines coming up and the outcome   Answer Question