EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details I submitted my resume, and was called the next day to set up a conference call interview. Very professional, good questions relevant to my role, and interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. We discusses my work experience and future goals.   Answer Question

People Consultant Interview

Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details Had several interviews. (2 partners, director, 2 team members).They were very balanced and the interviewers were welcoming. I really appreciated that it felt like a conversation, with both parties involved in the discussion. I was able to speak with everyone on the team, including individuals that I would counsel. I found it very telling of the strong culture that everyone works at as a team, and everyone had input into the process.

Interview Question – There wren't anyunexpected questions, however I work in talent and therefore I know what to expect. It was a very solid interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Immigration Law Clerk Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details I applied and waited about a month. I then had a scheduled phone interview which was very basic, just asking me about my experience etc. Then had a written timed test over email, then an in person interview.

Interview Question – I thought the interview process was very easy, Ive had harder for a retail job. Just research a bit about the company and why you want to work for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had the chance to negotate wage, and now wish I had asked for more. I didnt want to sound greedy, but others asked for more and got it.

Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Telephone interview; lots of questions starting with 'give me an example that you ...' The question is really hard to answer, unless you have prepared for

Interview Question – give me an example that you think outside of a box   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details I previously submitted my cv to a job fair, they called me back after 2 months, there was at first an assessment day, after 2 months they called back again, and I had a face to face interview with a manager.

Interview Question – The assessment day required a lot of attention   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay and high commitment required

Kitchener, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details Hired through school's co-op process. Attended a few networking sessions throughout the year.

Interview Question – Generic behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details It was an hour long interview.

The first half hour was with a manager The manager asked more behavioural type questions, such as "tell me about a time when you had a difficult team project."

The second half hour was with a partner. The partner tried to have a conversation with ,e. For example, they asked me why did I choose my university, why did I get involved in a specific club, what are my long-term goals, etc.

Interview Question – There was no extremely difficult questions.

"Explain a time when you missed a deadline"
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Campus recruiting process - Met at info session (very important!), went through two separate interviews. All behavioral, some scenario based but mostly asking about items on your resume. Focused on extra-curriculars.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room

Edmonton, AB

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details internal referal, hr phone iterview and hr people is really nice and try to make you relaxed and be yourself.

Interview Question – mini case is difficult   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,767 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.