EY Interview Questions

Updated 30 Oct, 2014
2,155 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Manager Interview

Good, many things to talk about
    Very good HR person
    Very busy work environment
    Good listeners
    Good research
    Bad salary
    Bad work hours
    less development
    lunch, dinner, week nights and weekends all at work
    Biased on the monitoring process. They want more people working from other countries to support
    this was not required
    Why wadsting my time
    Do make it mandatory

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

They flew over to my city for my first round interview, and I flew to their office for the second interview.

The first interview was pretty standard - two back-to-back interviews with HR and a manager, followed by a simple writing assessment.
    Interview questions are nothing surprising, mainly focused on teamwork, leadership and time management. The writing assessment is about finding out who you really are (I was asked about what would I do if I won a million-dollar lottery).

The second interview is consisted of an office tour, a presentation, and dinner at a partner's house. There's nothing stressful about this process - you just have to be yourself.

Tip 1: Make sure you research about dinner etiquette if you aren't so familiar with those (like which fork to use for which course).
    Tip 2: Let them know, say it with confidence that "I want to work for EY".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have to deliver a difficult message.
      Tell me about a time when you were disappointed in something.
        Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

IT Risk and Assurance Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Round 1:
    KiraTalent (online video interview) - 10 basic questions about yourself to test your "fit", strengths/weakness etc.
    Round 2:
    60 Minute Case Study completed prior to interview (on campus) - general business case assessing risks of new system
    30 Minute interview with Senior Manager
    30 Minute Interview with Manager

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you need to meet a deadline but you are running out of time?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

I was initially contacted for a phone interview, then I was invited for an in-person interview where I met with 3 other senior Executive Assistants. Questions were standard interview questions. I was called a few days later to meet with the partners of my areas. This meeting was brief and casual.

Interview Questions
    • Basic standard interview questions. There was nothing that threw me off.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I took the offer I was given.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Questions
    Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

U S Business Immigration Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

The whole process took exactly one month. Contacted by EY Recruiter beginning of May, set up phone interview. Waited 4 business days, had phone interview, did a written assessment. 5 days later, was invited to a panel interview, met with 3 managers (attorneys). They were really chill and down to earth. I wasn't nervous at all. A week later, a recruiter called to ask how the interview went and said they'll have a decision soon. 3 days after not hearing back, called back, and was offered the position (they claimed they wanted to have all the paperwork finalized before contacting for offer). After all, an extremely pleasant and speedy process.

Interview Questions
    • None, but one did stand out: would you be willing to stay in the department for 4-5 years.   Answer Question
    None.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Initial contact through phone interview. It is a pre-interview and the recruiter basically wants to know what kind of salary you are looking for. You have to answer it and I think it has a big part in deciding if they take you to the next stage.

Second stage: interview with two immediate supervisors. They seemed very distracted and everything felt very rushed. They constantly had conversations with each other instead of doing the interview.

They stated that all interviewees would be contacted within a week, but that did not happen.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic and nothing out of the ordinary. Ex: tell me about yourself and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
    During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
    He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Questions
    • What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Telephone interview; lots of questions starting with 'give me an example that you ...' The question is really hard to answer, unless you have prepared for

Junior Consultant Interview

I previously submitted my cv to a job fair, they called me back after 2 months, there was at first an assessment day, after 2 months they called back again, and I had a face to face interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

low pay and high commitment required