EY

Getting the Interview

92 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details For audit intern, 2 interviews with the managers and partners. 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Tell me about a leader that you admire   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details I did an externship that led to an internship interview. There were four interviews of about 20 minutes each with different senior managers and partners. It was fairly informal; if you get to the final interview you are qualified, and they want to make sure that the human element is there.

Interview Question – None, really. They opened with the sort of canned interview questions you find on the internet, but the interviews quickly became conversations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate with the Big 4 coming out of college. There are a dozen more like you, and the salary difference among the firms is negligible.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Question – What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details On campus interview, on site super day.

Interview Question – Case study was the 4th interview of the super day. The interviewer walked through how to answer the way he wanted before he gave me the packet.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process took about a month or so. I submitted my application through campus recruitment, and about a month later, I received a call to fix my interview date.

As for the interview, it was a group interview. There were 2 other applicants. It had a very relaxed setting, and went more like a conversation. The interviewer asked us on our opinions on various things, like what we expect to get out of this internship, and then went on to tell us what we can expect from it. At the end of the interview, he assured us that we would all get accepted, which we did.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Question – How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The hiring was not by the company rather we were alloted the company as a part of our internship process of the college. So according to our preference we were alloted Ernst and Young as our internship company. This process was done looking at our college CGPA and our profile.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details Had several phone 1-1 interviews, all of them very conversational and easy going. Really made me feel comfortable and that EY would be a good place to work. Also conveyed to me that they were very serious about getting the job done, but at the same time there was a good work environment in place. interviewed for the PI practice within advisory, and all the questions were very fit and behavioral.

Interview Question – Can you give an example of when you had a lot of work to get done? How did you handle the situation? How do handle those situations?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Intern interview questions and advice. All 92 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.