EY

Average Difficulty
99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details For audit intern, 2 interviews with the managers and partners. 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Tell me about a leader that you admire   Answer Question

Norman, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for us   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Milan (Italy)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details The first step was a quantitative test. Then, we had to do a group assessment where they let us discuss about a recent issue. The next step was a CV interview with the HR manager which was pretty straightforward.
The final round consisted of an interview with a senior manager, but no business case was involved.

Interview Question – "Le quote rosa in Italia" - discuss this issue   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

Interview Details Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Interview Question – price a binomial option.   Answer Question

Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details College recruitment
The hiring and interview process consist of 3 interviews. The first one are just some tests on math and logical skills. Once you approve the test, they call for a second interview and ask about yourself and your interest. They give some information abut the company and how it works. In the third and last interview, they ask again about yourself and some easy technical questions

Interview Question – 3 Weaknesses about myself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – By the time they called me, I had already accepted another offer

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Question – It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details EY made the hiring and interview process very enjoyable! After submitting my resume, I was flown to their city, placed in a very nice hotel overnight, and interviewed the next day. I had 3 individual interviews with 3 different employees for half an hour each, and then taken to lunch with two other employees. All the interviewers were nice and welcoming - they did not try to intimidate me, but instead tried their best to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. This friendliness really helped me feel less nervous and perform well in the interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were placed in on a project/ assignment that you did not know how to approach. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details I did an externship that led to an internship interview. There were four interviews of about 20 minutes each with different senior managers and partners. It was fairly informal; if you get to the final interview you are qualified, and they want to make sure that the human element is there.

Interview Question – None, really. They opened with the sort of canned interview questions you find on the internet, but the interviews quickly became conversations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You don't really negotiate with the Big 4 coming out of college. There are a dozen more like you, and the salary difference among the firms is negligible.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!