EY Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

64 interviews

3.1

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Düsseldorf (Germany)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

I knew someone in a related practice within EY. He passed my CV on to the partner that hired me. 45 minute interview, job offer on the spot. I was very relaxed during the entire interview because I was under the impression that this was a meet-and-greet: to learn a little about the practice and not to formally interview. I accepted the offer after a week and joined three months later. The firm assisted with the within-country relocation. Overall, a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really pops out. Very conversational and informal.   Answer Question
Not much negotiation, but then it was a junior level position.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 month - interviewed at EY in June 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to work as a Consultant at EY.

Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the EY Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say to anyone that applies at EY just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Be prepared for all kinds of questions in your space of excellence and normally there 3 to 4 rounds of interview. Have your technical skills sharpened and also be aware of the current scenario.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY.

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

1. Group Interview
    2. HR and Manager Interview

Interview Questions

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!