EY Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014

3.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
  • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 month - interviewed at EY in June 2014. I was able to apply through college recruiting. I didn't have much finance background, so they didn't ask any technical questions, so much of the interview was aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning and why I wanted to work as a Consultant at EY.

Personally I did use The Ultimate Career Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the EY Interview Questions and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say to anyone that applies at EY just stay calm and try to answers all the questions no matter what in your unique way   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

I had applied through its website. Well, I got a call from one of their Directors the next day. Within the next few days, I was invited for an interview in one of their offices (Gurgaon) after 6:30 pm. It was with A Partner and the same Director person. That was it!!!!
    I was asked to wait for sometime for my feedback. Months passed.. I tried to follow up with the Same Director, but with the same answer. " We have not decided yet"... For God's sake, Just tell me a plain no and all of this speculation would end.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

The process started with an online application followed by online quiz and situational test. After this there was an assessment centre with a group task with about 4 others. This was followed up by an interview. However some candidates had their interview before the group task.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one client to work with who would it be?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY.

Very informal, we met at a conference and interviewed in a coffee shop. They asked about my comfort level with excessive travel as a consultant, and they also asked about how well I write. I had the opportunity to meet with a few junior members of the team in a round robin fashion.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Well structured interview process with prompt communication from HR. Partners are really nice and down to earth and truly want you to succeed in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you have worked overseas and had to overcome culture shock   Answer Question

1. Group Interview
    2. HR and Manager Interview

Consultant Interview

As a fresh graduate, they would concentrate on your university experience and they would try to understand what courses you have taken and what was your experience working in teams. They would ask you easy technical questions and might give you some case studies and behavioral questions.

Not hard

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!