EY

Updated 20 Jan, 2015

3.1

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

on campus interview, one week later result, invited for onsite interview. three half hour interviews in new york office. nice hotel stay. ey professional greeted at the door. took to the floor of interview . waited in the room. interviewer explained about company and work and then went deep into the work ex and projects

Interview Questions
  • didnt expect technical questions and mixed behavioural   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

EY Risk Advisory services

There were 2 rounds .1st with the team 'manager' , and the next with the partner .

In the first round, I was asked about my prior work-ex (in IT sector) .I was then asked about what risks could be expected in a typical procurement process .Told him about supplier risk, quality ,lead time ,etc. Also asked on risks in a NBFC I had mentioned in my resume .I'd worked on Oracle ERP.Was asked whether I knew SAP .Replied in the negative .

The partner round was a test of mental toughness and ability to work under pressure, besides being a technical one .

Q. Which company is at the top in Fortune 500 list ?What is its turnover ?
    Q. Which Indian companies are there in Fortune 500 ?
    Q. What is the typical cost structure of a tech company ?
    A. HR cost .They have the billing rates & no. of people as cost drivers .
    Q. Any other ?
    A. Replied R&D .Tried to justify by saying that although products by Indian tech companies like Infosys (Finacle) were made quite some time ago, R&D has to be incurred to continuously patch it .
    Q. How will you reduce costs in such a firm ?
    Reduce bench strength, poor performers, leased offices rather than on purchased land, use of solution accelerators,etc .

Interview Questions
    • How will you detect payroll fraud for a company ?You can have any data you like .   View Answer
    • If biometric records aren't available ,then any other ways ?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Very simple.. It was easy getting into this company if you have prior Big4 experience. The interviews are normally one round with senior manager and then a partner approval is taken. Normally it is quick process in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in December 2014.

I met a representative from EY at a careers event at my university, and got their email address. They were really helpful and answered lots of questions I had during the application process.

The process started with online verbal and non-verbal tests. Practice lots of these and they get easier. Then a competency-based interview, which had the obvious questions (why EY, why consulting) but also had some unusual ones (how do you make friends with new people?) that got me thinking on my feet. Have a couple of examples of things in your background that you could talk about from different perspectives, e.g. a project you managed you can talk about to show your teamwork or time management skills. Also relax and smile, it's a normal person interviewing you, and they're often bored doing dozens of interviews with nervous candidates.

The next step is an AC, which has a group exercise, a psychometric test, and a written report. For the group exercise you're time limited, put a clock (phone/watch) with the time on in the middle of the table, so people have a sense of time. You have to read some content and discuss it. The important thing is not what you say or how much you talk, it is you listening to other people, and keeping track of time. Ask questions when other people are talking, rather than just forcing your opinion on everyone. The written exercise was pretty easy, just condense some text and figures, I used bullet points on Word. Then psychometric test just the same as online - some people were complaining that it was hard, but it really wasn't. Some people had a break between them, but I didn't, so it was a pretty gruelling process. Make sure you're well rested and have had a good breakfast. Drink water to stay sharp too.

Final stage was a partner interview which was much less intense than the AC. My partner was very friendly. The key here is to relax because it's more of a personality fit interview. They'll still ask you the normal questions (why EY, why consulting), so have some polished answers with evidence ready. Try to come across naturally, and go through your background and the job description, talk about how it's a natural fit for you. I got a phone call a few hours after offering me the job.

Just as a further comment, I would recommend applying to similar jobs then it's good to do ACs and interviews for other companies because practice makes perfect, and you'll be less nervous about the outcome of one particular application. But if you do too many, then you'll dilute the quality of your application, and might come across as washed-out in your interviews, or accidentally say 'PwC' in a Deloitte interview. I'd recommend 4-7 applications. I did 10 applications and got 4 offers.

No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

around 6 rounds of interviews, 1 apti including excel tests, 1 written test, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR - They test you for your knowledge in excel so make sure you are thorough with basic excel functions and shortcuts

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

The interview process with EY MENA took about 15 weeks overall. 3 weeks after sending the online application i received 2 online tests to do (english and logical). 8 weeks later i received a phone call to invite me to the assessment day in their office. During the first part of that day i did a group case study along with other candidates. The second part was a one on one interview with a partner( normal behavioral questions + questions about my past experience). 10 days later you reveive either an offer or a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you faced difficulties/problems/obstacles while working/ studying and how did you overcome these obstacles.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Initial process involved an online application and testing - Progression led to an assessment day invitation which consisted of an interview with two senior staff, a group activity and a tour of the offices by recent graduates, with an opportunity to further interact with employees and other candidates at lunch - The entire process was quite streamlined and efficient, particularly in comparison to peer firms - Time from application to assessment day = approx. 1 month with an offer made two days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary or particularly difficult - Standard situational and behavioural questions based on your experiences - 'Hardest' question: "What is a current event or issue in business you are following? - What is your understanding of it? - How it affects or has the potential to affect our clients in the the operation of their businesses and the services we provide in lieu of this?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Multiple stages, technical and behavioural questions covering a wide variety of topics. Several different interviewers, initially HR employees followed by members from the actual team. Final stage was a team lunch to get an idea for behavioural fit.