EY

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

3.1

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Interview was strength based with 5 questions. I was sat down with the recruitor who made sure that the interview was steered by myself, the questions where just guidance for me to explain how I am like in the working environment. There were no trick questions or such. Overall, the flexibile structure made it for perhaps the most interesting interview that I have had yet.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do in a situation where there you know you can do better than someone else at a given task?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
      • Tell me about yourself
      • Why do you want this job, at this company?
      • What do you do outside of work?
      • What is your greatest weakness
      • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this

View Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
      • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
      o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
      o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
      - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
      - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts

View Answer
    The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2015.

First phase is phone interview with the recruiter. If it is passed, next stage is interview with Partner and Senior Manager. After that, some language test (english), and if it is passed, next stage are medical checkup and background check

Consultant Interview

on campus interview, one week later result, invited for onsite interview. three half hour interviews in new york office. nice hotel stay. ey professional greeted at the door. took to the floor of interview . waited in the room. interviewer explained about company and work and then went deep into the work ex and projects

Interview Questions
    • didnt expect technical questions and mixed behavioural   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

EY Risk Advisory services

There were 2 rounds .1st with the team 'manager' , and the next with the partner .

In the first round, I was asked about my prior work-ex (in IT sector) .I was then asked about what risks could be expected in a typical procurement process .Told him about supplier risk, quality ,lead time ,etc. Also asked on risks in a NBFC I had mentioned in my resume .I'd worked on Oracle ERP.Was asked whether I knew SAP .Replied in the negative .

The partner round was a test of mental toughness and ability to work under pressure, besides being a technical one .

Q. Which company is at the top in Fortune 500 list ?What is its turnover ?
    Q. Which Indian companies are there in Fortune 500 ?
    Q. What is the typical cost structure of a tech company ?
    A. HR cost .They have the billing rates & no. of people as cost drivers .
    Q. Any other ?
    A. Replied R&D .Tried to justify by saying that although products by Indian tech companies like Infosys (Finacle) were made quite some time ago, R&D has to be incurred to continuously patch it .
    Q. How will you reduce costs in such a firm ?
    Reduce bench strength, poor performers, leased offices rather than on purchased land, use of solution accelerators,etc .

Interview Questions
    • How will you detect payroll fraud for a company ?You can have any data you like .   View Answer
    • If biometric records aren't available ,then any other ways ?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Very simple.. It was easy getting into this company if you have prior Big4 experience. The interviews are normally one round with senior manager and then a partner approval is taken. Normally it is quick process in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in December 2014.

I met a representative from EY at a careers event at my university, and got their email address. They were really helpful and answered lots of questions I had during the application process.

The process started with online verbal and non-verbal tests. Practice lots of these and they get easier. Then a competency-based interview, which had the obvious questions (why EY, why consulting) but also had some unusual ones (how do you make friends with new people?) that got me thinking on my feet. Have a couple of examples of things in your background that you could talk about from different perspectives, e.g. a project you managed you can talk about to show your teamwork or time management skills. Also relax and smile, it's a normal person interviewing you, and they're often bored doing dozens of interviews with nervous candidates.

The next step is an AC, which has a group exercise, a psychometric test, and a written report. For the group exercise you're time limited, put a clock (phone/watch) with the time on in the middle of the table, so people have a sense of time. You have to read some content and discuss it. The important thing is not what you say or how much you talk, it is you listening to other people, and keeping track of time. Ask questions when other people are talking, rather than just forcing your opinion on everyone. The written exercise was pretty easy, just condense some text and figures, I used bullet points on Word. Then psychometric test just the same as online - some people were complaining that it was hard, but it really wasn't. Some people had a break between them, but I didn't, so it was a pretty gruelling process. Make sure you're well rested and have had a good breakfast. Drink water to stay sharp too.

Final stage was a partner interview which was much less intense than the AC. My partner was very friendly. The key here is to relax because it's more of a personality fit interview. They'll still ask you the normal questions (why EY, why consulting), so have some polished answers with evidence ready. Try to come across naturally, and go through your background and the job description, talk about how it's a natural fit for you. I got a phone call a few hours after offering me the job.

Just as a further comment, I would recommend applying to similar jobs then it's good to do ACs and interviews for other companies because practice makes perfect, and you'll be less nervous about the outcome of one particular application. But if you do too many, then you'll dilute the quality of your application, and might come across as washed-out in your interviews, or accidentally say 'PwC' in a Deloitte interview. I'd recommend 4-7 applications. I did 10 applications and got 4 offers.

No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

around 6 rounds of interviews, 1 apti including excel tests, 1 written test, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR - They test you for your knowledge in excel so make sure you are thorough with basic excel functions and shortcuts

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Firstly there was a Gd round followed by a personal interview . The GD topics were simple but they were more focused on your speaking skills. I got through the GD but was rejected in the PI. I am from an engineering background so they kept on asking why i wanted to join as a consultant