EY Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.6

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

First a prenight session meeting with interviewer, get the chance got the name of your interviewer for the round 1 and do some research at home, first round pretty easy conversational interview, nothing special or tough, just express the true self.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the most difficult situation you've ever encountered   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager which was very much fit related questions (strengths/weaknesses, talk about a time..., goals in 5 years, etc). Was invited to a Partner interview the next day which was the same sort of conversation and one or two questions beyond a graduates capability - think it was just to see how I would operate under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an FSO interview, I was asked how to price an interest rate swap. I waffled some answer together about discounting cashflows. The Partner informed me he was unsure too and was just curious to see my response :)   View Answer
    None

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

The first step for recruitment was filling of form. These forms were available with RAET's. The form was submitted just after the conclusion of theoretical intermediate examination. All the applicants were called for a written assessment. This assessment had various sections including general knowledge, math, accounting, English etc. In order to pass, one had to secure at least 50% marks in each section in order to be eligible for interview. I passed the assessment and was called for an interview with a senior partner. He tested my communication skills, analyzed my academic background. He told me regarding the clients of the firm. He focussed more on personality, dressing than technical knowledge. Later he admitted that we only check the confidence, presentation and communication skills of the candidates as we know that you will learn about the technical aspects during your stay at firm. At the end of the interview, he offered me the contract and gave me two days time for deliberation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been approached by other firms?   View Answer
    Be confident. Dress neatly. Wear a suit. Look professional.

Audit Staff Interview

First phase was a phone interview. Second phase was one on one interviews with a senior or manager and a partner. Followed by a lunch with staff auditor. Everyone has an input in your interview process.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation. Most of the big 4 offer the same pay etc. for entry level staff.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Campus recruit, the interview was with senior manager and it was informal and casual talk. Didn't ask a lot behavioral questions. Mostly went through the resume. The interview was about 30 mins.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Audit Staff Interview

Behavioral style interview. I did the interview in college so they wanted to know stuff i did in college with groups. I had to interview on campus, then in new york. I spoke with the senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    I got it straight after my nternship

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I applied through a recruiter and the process took approximately 4 weeks. They got back to me within a week for a phone interview. Two weeks later I received an email for a second round interview at their office. It was an 1-on-1 interview with two senior managers and each interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with a team member.   Answer Question
    Not much from for negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

I was a Campus hire. Had a Campus interview with an executive, which determined if you were going to get an office visit. Then at the office visit I had 2 more interviews and concluded with the offer meeting with a partner.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, campus hire.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!