EY

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

2.6

Audit Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied online but was also referred by former employees. Process was fairly smooth and communication from EY was excellent. I did not come from a recruited school so having contacts inside the company was key. Once you get your foot in the door, you are treated the same as all other candidates. Instead of an on campus interview, I had a phone interview with a manager. Interview was very personable and consisted of basic questions regarding who I was and why I was interested in EY as well as walking them through my resume. Conversation ended with a couple behavioral questions. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited to the second round of interviews which was an office visit. The visit consisted of dinner with two staff the night before. The next day there was a brief presentation by a senior manager and a staff panel in which the pool of interviewees asked questions about the firm. Was taken to lunch by a couple of different staff and then had three 1:1 interviews with managers. Was called by a partner a week later and offered a staff position.

Be yourself. Once you get to the interview process, they simply want to get to know you as a person. Don't be cocky or arrogant but don't be afraid to highlight your achievements. These are people who have gone through the same process as you're going through so they understand the pressure.

No Negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Staff Interview

On campus interview first round. Submit resume on campus recruiting and join the career fair. a week to prepare. 20 minute. First talk, then some regular question such as walk through resume, CPA eligible, why accounting, why my school, why EY, Why audit, big strengthens and weakness, career path in the future, what you know about EY and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself over the next 5 years?   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

They are all behavioral. ask you your strengths and weaknesses. ask you why you choose this company. ask you the conflict. ask you the teamwork. You need to stay professional dont get carried away by small talk. They dont like it when you do that. Remember, it is a formal interview but chitchat time.

No room.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Firstly a aptitude test followed by HR interview and then a technical interview. All these need to be cleared to proceed further. In the aptitude test questions regarding excel, accountancy, basic english etc were asked. Highest scorers in the aptitude test are selected ahead. Followed by HR interview.

Audit Staff Interview

Initial call - different questions, CV summary and about my interest for the company, professional background,
    Focus group, two individual interviews with HR staff and manager, also did some math and language tests

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round interview was pretty easy. The partner just talked about recent news and why I choose accounting. I really had a good impression on EY because the pre night in our school was so huge and people I talked to were so nice. But the second round interview was just DISAPPOINTING. HR set two senior associates to interview me and I can feel during the interview process that both of them did not want to talk to me and just wanted to get back to their work. I got the rejection letter two days later. I don't think I deserve the rejection letter and was unqualified. (being told I have a great personality by other people, got 3.8 GPA and plenty of working/internship experience) I was really disappointed that EY does not pay that much attention to interview candidates (only two senior associates for second round? really?). If you do not have any experience people to do the interview, then don't invite people down to NYC for second round!

Audit Staff Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

None

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

3 Steps
    1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions
    2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that?
    3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

5 Week Process. 1st round campus, 2nd round office visit. Questions were the same as 1st round, just a little more difficult. Everyone was friendly and there were 2 30 minute interviews with 2 senior managers then lunch with a staff. I got a phone call next day by one of my interviewers telling me I got extended an offer to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are just interviewing you to see if you fit their culture and they already know your competent from 1st round interviews   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Audit Staff Interview

on campus recruiting, first round, only behavioral questions. Asked about my summer experiences, on campus activities and teamwork experiences. I was also asked about my biggest achievement. No direct question about why you are interested in audit.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask me to introduce myself at the start. Started as an unexpected way. The most unexpected questions are biggest achievement. Tips, always remember elaborate why you are applying for that position   Answer Question