EY

Getting the Interview

95 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2013.

Interview Details 1) Apply through the EY website
2) Campus interview with Manager/ Senior Manger
3) Office interviews with Director/ Partner
4) Lunch with Staffs/ Seniors
5) Receive phone call from the local office on the hiring decision

Interview Question – If you didn't choose EY, where else would you choose to work at?   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview Details As it was campus interview initially group of people were invited and participated in teams secondly cleared HR Round then Technical round and finally Partner Round

Interview Question – Many in depth were question were asked on Revised schedule and IGAAP   Answer Question

Lyon (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details I have been recruited on campus. During the recruiting day I had a group work and an individual interview. The group work simulated a meeting of a press board for deciding the main articles of a newspaper. We had to come up with a list of articles in a given timeframe. The individual interview focused on professional attitude, work experience, language skills. Fairly relaxed interview.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for EY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Provo, UT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details Interviews were done on campus and were very laid back. No technical questions were asked and they were more concerned with how well I worked in teams than my technical knowledge of the relevant material. I interned with people who hadn't even had an audit class yet, but were doing an internship in assurance (audit). If you have a positive attitude and work hard, they will be interested in you.

Interview Question – What would you say is your biggest flaw   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate price or bonus, as what they offered was pretty standard across all the big 4 firms. I would still recommend making an effort to negotiate.

New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details I was applied through our university recruiting website as well as EY career website. I was invited to pre-interview dinner, a senior auditor sit besides me and she was friendly. During the interview at the next day, a woman just traveled from the office I applied interviewed me, it was typical questions, went through my resume and asked about the career path, and "tell me about your strength and something not on your resume".

Interview Question – They were all expected questions, just be prepared.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Audit Staff
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details My first interview was with HR and they ask me the basic questions , what was i looking for , describe myself, chalenges , how do i look myself in 5, 10 years. She talked about the company. The second and last interview was with the area director and he just ask me simple questions like my knowledge in IT and explained me what i was going to do.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they told thats the only thing they can offer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details two rounds of interview, 1st round on campus, 2nd round at the EY office

Interview Question – How your friends or teammates decribe you?   Answer Question

Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details I was ask to come in for an interview at the Roseville office. It was very conversational, and comfortable but really short. Then I was asked to come back for 2nd interview I had an interview with 1 partner and 2 manager level associates.

Interview Question – He asked 1or 2 behavioral questions and he mostly asked about my resume. Sorry I don't remember exactly what questions he asked.   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The first round interview was on campus. Two managers came from the service. I came in 20 minutes earlier, the one manager was waiting for me in the waiting room. We had a small discusion before the real interview. After that, I was led to a room for the inverview by another manager. I received 2nd round comfirmation after 2 weeks. The 2nd round was in New York city office. I was again interviewed by two managers.

Interview Question – Do you have any thing else want to tell me?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Audit Staff interview questions and advice. All 95 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.