EY

Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.7

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied through the on-campus website and in the EY website too. I got the first round on-campus interview and nothing unexpected. They will ask you to talk about yourself, basically going through your resume. Besides that, they will ask behavioral question, such as teamwork etc. Did not proceed to the second round interview.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

GD was pick and speak , checking communication skill
    Aptitude test was ok . basic psychometric test.
    HR round was average , they asked me if knew about the job description , expected ctc and stuff
    Technical round
    Managerial round

At Least EY bothered to respond in regard whether I was selected or not unlike other organisations!

Audit Associate Interview

First round interview at school, second round interview at the office. The company covered the traveling and hotel expenses. There was a pre-interview dinner to network and interact with the interviewers and other professionals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through online and got an interview request a week later. Did some tests before the interview, just some basic English and behavioral test. Interviewed by two of the directors and mostly they asked stuff in regard to my resume. Both of them are very friendly and they asked a few double entry questions which are quite easy. In the end of the interview, the directors encouraged me to ask them more questions. You can ask any questions whether it is related to the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They would give you some situations that are tricky, but you could ask them to repeat the questions again.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

I initially interacted with EY at my college's Meet the Firms night and was honestly really taken with the people I talked to - none of the other firms could even compare with how much I connected with EY in that first interaction. This was my first contact with the firms in my area and EY just blew me away with the warmth and friendliness of their employees.

Following MTF night, I applied through my college campus and directly on EY's website. A few days later I was contacted via email and invited for a first round on-campus interview. I was pretty nervous for my OCI because it was my second OCI ever. (My first was with KPMG two days earlier, which had left me with an unfavorable impression of said firm.)

I had worked hard to prepare myself for as many behavioral questions as possible but the truth was that my interview felt more like a friendly conversation than someone grilling me with questions from a pre-determined list. It honestly felt like my interviewer was truly interested in getting to know who I was and my background rather than to see how I could fail to answer a question.

I felt that I had a great OCI and that I really connected with my interviewer. Sure enough, a week later, my interviewer called me and invited me to the second round in-house interview as well as the dinner social the night before.

The dinner social was fantastic as we had about a 1:1 ratio of applicants to current employees. I had a great time talking to the professionals about their work and getting to know people that might potentially be starting at the same time as me. Needless to say, the dinner social really relaxed me for the following day.

The actual in-house interview went by so quickly. It started in the morning with a presentation about EY, three back-to-back one-on-one interviews, and then lunch. I had such an amazing time getting to know EY and the people that worked there throughout the day. The interviews themselves were very casual and once again, I felt like I connected with each of them as our conversations continued. I honestly could see myself working at EY as each interviewed finished. I definitely did not feel this way with any other firm.

The very next day, I received the phone call and got the offer. The whole process took a month from Meet the Firms night and I could not be happier that I will be working for EY next fall.

(I know that this was extremely wordy and probably too long for a website like glassdoor.com but I do want people to know that there is more to EY than just the Big 4 label. They truly care and I'm not saying this for any other reason than the fact that I felt it every step of the way as I went through the interview process. Or maybe I was just lucky because I was fortunate enough to find that perfect fit in a firm.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (honestly, none of my interviewers asked anything out of the ordinary and their questions were geared more to know who I was rather than tricky situational/behavioral questions that might be tougher to answer)   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate because I had an offer from another firm that had the identical starting salary and EY was always my first choice.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

It was the first interview I got in the states, so I got very nervous because English is not my primary language. The first round was taken at school, and then I was invited to visit the office and met more people from there. I think the interviewers I had interview with were all very flexible in asking questions, not many typical ones that I had prepared before the interviews. They asked most of questions based on your unique background as well as their personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the difference between companies in China and companies in America. (yes, I come from China)   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Just basic behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • Why external audit (I know it is a simple question but I just think it is too simple to be asked and totally prepare nothing about that)   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I applied though my career center and got an invitation for first round interview within the first week. The whole interview was very relaxing and It was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. They did not ask me any technical questions but make sure you ask questions at the end!

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

You get the interview based on your resume and connections you are able to make during social events. The on campus interview was very casual. The in office interviews were a tiny bit more intense but overall still very casual. They really just want you to ask a lot of questions.

I decided I was a better fit for a different firm.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

interviewed at EY in September 2013.

I was shortlisted by the organisation. The interview process was consist of 3 rounds. First was Group discussion. Second was HR round and third was Technical round.