EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

I apply through university's career center and got a interview days after. They hold a reception before the interview. On the day of my interview, they asked behavioral questions, questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The process took about a month. There is a on-campus round followed by a Super Day interview consisting of three interviews.

The Super day is organized well with a couple presentations bragging about the firm. Then there are 3 back to back interviews viz. 2 behavioral and 1 case, arranged in a random fashion- each lasting about 30-40 minutes.

Mine were really easy. Two out of the three interviewers weren't even prepared to ask questions. One of the behavioral interviewer was merely reading questions out from his computer screen. My experience in case interviews tells me that the interviewer actively participates in the process of solving the case. Here however, my interviewer just sat there with a predetermined set of 3-4 questions and he had nothing to say or argue on when I put in my recommendations. Clearly, he himself wasn't well versed with all aspects of the case.

After two long weeks of waiting, I received an automated email stating that they weren't going to offer me a position owing to the "limited" number of offers they could shell out.

Really weird that they take this long to get back with an automated email after all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Leadership Experience? And all related questions that help them gauge how good you are at handling a team/situation.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews, In Person interview day with Manager, Senior Manager and Executive Director.
    I interviewed for the Cybersecurity sector of EY. Better known as the "Cyber Threat Management" or CTM. This is one of EY's newest groups and fastest growing. Obviously IT Risk is the hot ticket item and EY is heavily recruiting in this sector.

I am graduating from Penn State University in May and starting the job in May. Can't wait!

I will add that I am a Marine Corps Veteran so I went to college after the Marines.

Interview Questions

• If you have two silos with the same vulnerabilities, how are they different?   2 Answers

Negotiation

it was great

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through school's recruiting website, first round interview was easy, but I think the interviewer was too tired so that he didn't pay much attention to my answer...(I was in the last interview for a day)

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by a EY employee. The recruiter emailed me very soon, and scheduled a phone interview in 3 days.
    The phone interview was basically questions about my experience and some behavioral based questions
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter. One week later I sent a follow up email, and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college, describe a time you had problem working with a team   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Got the first round interview through the on-campus recruiting. I was not able to attend the on-campus interview so they give me a phone interview. Finished an online writing assessment after that and got the on-site interview several days later.

Interview Questions

• I am an engineering student, so I'm not familiar with case study .   2 Answers

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

This is for the Advisory Consulting Program (ACP) at EY

First step was talking with a Recruiter over the phone for about 15 minutes. Just getting a better idea of the program and trying to show interest in the position.

Next step was a 30-45 min phone interview with a senior manager. Typical interview setting, went over my resume in depth. Asked a few behavioral questions but not too much, a lot was focused on my resume, asked for specific examples from experiences listed on resume. Last 15 min or so are left for questions for you to ask interviewer, make them count. Also on a separate day had to complete a timed online written assessment. You get about 30-45 min to complete it, topic is pretty general, just looking for good organizational skills.

Final step was an all day interview in Dallas called "Mega Day" or "Super Day". You fly down the day before, and there is a dinner/reception that night for all the candidates. There will be 'greeters' there to talk to, basically they are just current EY employees currently in ACP that can answer questions for you. There will also be some higher up EY employees such as recruiting directors and or partners. Everyone has name tags and you just float around the room talking to whomever you wish. The next day you will have your 3 interviews back to back. First they bring you in for breakfast and give a brief presentation telling you how great EY is followed by one more chance for questions. Then its off to the interviews.

One case study and two behaviorals. The order is random but you get a room for yourself and the interviewers rotate around. Each one lasts about 30 min. The case study is different depending on if you are going for Business consulting or Technology consulting. Just make sure you remain calm and ask questions, make it a dialogue between you and the interviewer. You will be asked to turn in all your worksheets at the end and required to give a sheet with your basic outline of your answer to the case study. The two behavioral interviews are both straightforward, one focused more on my resume while the other focused more on behavioral style questions. Why consulting? Why EY? How well do you work in teams? A challenging time and how you dealt with it? How do you manage your time? Make sure you have questions for the interviewers, they give you time at the end to ask. Always ask for their business card or email address at the very end.

Thats basically it, you leave almost immediately after the interviews have concluded.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging time in your life and why?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Interview

Campus Recruiting- EY came to campus and held interviews. Next step will be on site, case based interview. There is also a writing aspect to test writing communication skills

Interview Questions

• Typical Questions- Why EY? Strengths and Weakness?
      Tell how you solve problems, manage your time, and work with teams

1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The overall hiring process was very pleasant. I started by talking to several current employees on campus and was invited to a dinner with the recruiter, staff, and partners within the firm. Several weeks later, I spoke with them at the career fair and attended an information session. I applied through my campus job board and was invited for an on campus 1st round interview. The first interview only lasted 30 minutes and was mainly a conversation between me and the interviewer so he could gauge my interest. I was also asked to walk the interviewer through the SDLC.

A few days later I was asked to complete an online writing assessment that you are given 45 minutes to do. 2 weeks after that, I was notified that I was selected for a final round "megaday" interview. I was flown out to the office the night before. This consisted of 2 behavioral type interviews and 1 case study. The case was pretty straightforward and the interviewer was very helpful. Just make sure that you ask clarifying questions and walk them through your thought process. They aren't necessarily looking for the right answer, rather how you approach solving the problem. The day ended with lunch and a quick presentation from HR.

I received a verbal offer a week later and my official offer information by email a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Where can you add value to EY?
      You're an engineering student. Why do you want to be a consultant?
      How can you add value to the firm?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?

Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through university via campus recruiting. After being selected for first round interviews, which in my opinion is the biggest weed-out portion of the process, I met with a greeter who brought me into a room with an upper-level manager. Although very similar to a typical behavioral interview, I was additionally asked a myriad of technical questions-- though I was applying for a more technical position under advisory, my resume and writing sample were scanned to the bone.

About 3 weeks later, I received an email saying I had to complete a timed writing assessment within 48 hours. A day later I was notified that I had advanced to the second round.

The second round interview consists of a "super day" at your specific office location (requested prior to application submission), where you attend a series of presentations, interviews, and a luncheon. The night before, you and all of the candidates meet up at a nice restaurant for a free ice-breaker dinner hosted by EY employees of all levels. On the day of, the company ultimately sells you on accepting the offer (big 4 companies do this), and then you are directed to 3 back to back interviews Both the behavioral interviews were much more relaxed and conversational than the first round which was a great relief because the case interview can take a lot out of you. I had a limited amount of time to read about an artificial company facing a process issue and use a framework to identify the issue and then resolve it. A few hours after the luncheon, I was notified that I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Prepare in advance by looking at sample case studies. Be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions if you have an information systems background.   3 Answers