EY Advisory Staff Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2014

2.8

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus Recruiting- EY came to campus and held interviews. Next step will be on site, case based interview. There is also a writing aspect to test writing communication skills

Interview Questions
  • Typical Questions- Why EY? Strengths and Weakness?
    Tell how you solve problems, manage your time, and work with teams
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter had my resume from previous campus communication with EY and contacted me with a phone interview. A few weeks later, I was invited to have an in-office interview with some senior managers and a partner. The interview took all day as it was made up of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me no questions, but made me interview her with questions I had about the position. I had asked so many questions already that day, it was difficult to come up with more questions to ask.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

I was hired & recruited through the on campus interview process.

There were many hosted events - presentations, meet & greets, job fairs, etc - that were important to attend to network and connect with potential interviewers and co-workers.

When I submitted my application and resume for consideration, I already felt like I had a great sense of the people and culture & solid relationships to build upon.

There were several rounds of in person campus interviews, in office interviews (I was interviewing at a location different from my school, so they flew us in for a day), and phone interviews with various levels of individuals in the organization.

It was a very holistic process. Each interaction counted and people really remembered the things we'd talked about in prior meetings. The recruiters are great relationship builders.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions. From my experience, the interview process was a vetting of cultural fit more than it was of expertise or knowledge. They didn't ask much about the things that could be gathered from reading your resume. There were no essays or strange questions.   Answer Question
    They make a standard offer. They tend to be below the industry average. I had other offers in hand that were higher and asked them to match the other offers. They agreed without even asking for proof of the other offer.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then with a manager. Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through my school's career website. I was called for an on campus interview about one week later

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

After campus recruiting at a career fair, I was asked to interview for a level-1 entry staff member for Advisory. The interview consisted of going over my resume, pulling experiences from my resume to answer behavioral questions.The interviewers do have a sheet with sample interview questions for them to choose from, instead of them selecting questions based on your resume. After a few weeks they will call back about second round interviews which take place at headquarters and consist of case studies individually and in groups.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you expected to fail but came through in the end?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Gave the recruiter my resume at a career fair on campus and was then invited to a coffee social. I got the first round 1:1 on campus interview with a senior manager and it was very conversational. The second round was an office visit. Thursday night we had a dinner at a partner's home and it was pretty much a meet and greet. It was very laid back. Friday morning we went into the office.The first two interviews were one on one with a partner and senior manager. They were both pretty conversational and mostly me asking the interviewer questions. They want to see a lot of confidence and your interest in the company. The third was a case study. I immediately did a SWOT analysis when reading the case and the interviewer asked for that when I went in so that was great.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting and went through resume with a local office senior manager and got the 2nd round interview

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

interviewed at EY in September 2013.

A manager from IT advisory interviewed me. Mostly behaviour questions. It lasts about 30 min.

Interview Questions

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!