EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Question – Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Question – Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Very Easy Interview

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Associate IT Generalist
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

Interview Details 1. Communication Round : Moderate
2. Apti + technical : Moderate
3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
5. Managerial Round
6. US HR round

Interview Question – How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

Technology Solutions Program Manager

I interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Interview Question – How technical are you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Software Quality Engineer
Louisville, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
  • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

Very Easy Interview

CollegeStudent Interview

CollegeStudent

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2014.

Interview Details I was first contacted at my college career fair and I made great conversation with one of the representatives who then decided to take two of my resumes and put one in a general application pool and the other in his departments own application pool. I contacted them the next day to make sure they got my application after applying online and to show initiative. I had a phone interview not too long after this maybe 2-3 weeks later while maintaining contact with the company. The phone interview was the only interview I had and in this they just wanted to know my interests and to get a more detailed look into what I do and why. I was told that they were going to move forward with other candidates so I asked the manager what I could improve on in my interview or skills and he said I was great in everything except talking about what I knew about EMC. I was contacted several months later and was asked if I was still interested in the job so I accepted the position and I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity.

Interview Question – Make sure to do your research on a company it really pays off to do a simple google search and try to get an understanding of their products or what they do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything I felt that the pay was more than fare for a college intern, and the vacation days were nice.

Dispatch/Scheduling Interview

Dispatch/Scheduling
Draper, UT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted after a week to schedule a phone interview. Called right on the dot, asked regular questions. passed to the on site interview. Manager who was interviewing was 20 minutes late, very unorganized.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic. Asked about how do you deal with stress, Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview Details - Telephone interview, to review the suitability of the candidate for the role on offer. A very easy 10 minute interaction, generally by the HR.
- Once the above round is through, there is a face to face interview scheduled. The scheduled interviews are extremely efficient and there is hardly any waiting time between rounds.
- Based on the role on offer, there would be a minimum of 2 to 3 rounds of technical and management interactions.
- The first round of the face to face interview is a technical round, generally one of the senior folks or subject matter experts interview the candidates here. Based on the person interviewing, skills such as aptitude, ability to apply oneself are tested. Again this can vary with the roles on offer. Difficulty levels are moderate.
- Post the technical round, generally there is a manager interaction, wherein the immediate supervisor would interview you. This is partly technical and non - technical. General management questions on the intentions in the move are tested.
- There can be an additional senior manager interaction, this would generally be a panel interaction with a manager and the senior manager interacting together with the candidate. Questions asked can be case studies, puzzles and situation based behavior testing. Difficulty moderate.
- The last round is the interaction with the HR where salary negotiations happen.

Negotiation Details – - Negotiate hard, always better to be aware of the current salary trends in the industry whilst negotiating.
- If there is an option, get in touch with existing EMCer's to understand what would be a good figure.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details 5 rounds, qq qqq qqq qqq qq qqq q q q q q qqq q q qq q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q qqqq qqq qq qqq qqqq qqqq qqq qqq

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!