EMC Interview Questions

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

Submit your CV and usually will get initial call after 3 -14 days. Interview process goes as HR interview, Technical Interview, Team Lead interview, managerial interviews. If you pass one interview you get to the next til your final interview. The whole interviewing process takes about 1 week and you will know your if you are accepted or rejected within a few business days.

Interview Questions
    • - HR interview: pretty basic, go through your CV talking about your past experiences and a little in depth about projects and responsibilities held, a few personality questions, why you want to join EMC and why you want to leave your current employment (if applies).

- Technical Interview:
      College graduated basic knowledge in Networking, Networks, Software development life cycle, programming languages, programming paradigms, Unix/Linux basic commands, file systems.
      Expect any questions to skills writen on your CV.

- Team Leader Interview: Goes through the CV again, expect advance technical questions with respect to your technical background on your CV. Situation based assessment what/how would you do if faced with a certain situation?

Managerial Interviews: 2 parts one with a department manager and one with the General Manager. Going through your CV again and expect to be asked technical questions regarding your skills on your CV. As for the GM interview, going through your CV to get to know your personality more, no technical questions.
        Answer Question

Principal Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Whole process from Original HR recruiter contacting me to offer took approximately three weeks. I turned away the original request from the recruiter, stating that the position was not exactly what I was looking for. He reached back out to me that the hiring manager was very interested and still wanted to talk to me; after describing to me additional details about the position, I decided to pursue. After a non-technical discussion with the hiring manager and a 1 hour technical phone interview with team members; an offer was made.

Solid technical review and very casual.

Back and forth on salary and bonus a bit. Negotiated for more salary and less bonus.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

HR scheduled scheduled interview over email and we never had a conversation before the interview.

Very decent technical round with two youngsters. They askw more about algorithms, techniques, approaches and how to implement etc.,

Three more technical discussions and they were all more of what you know and how do you approach and design.

I got totally exhausted and there comes the final Managerial round and typical questions like why are u looking for change, expected salary and etc., He also explained me about the product, team and work culture...

I was asked to meet the hr finally and went to meet him with lot of expectations and a glow in my face after hearing from the manager saying I've cleared all my interview, after all one if my dream company to join!

HR said we can talk over the phone and sent me:(. That's it they never called me for weeks.

When I emailed him he said, "This Requirement is on hold" and they never offered me!!!

Interview Questions
    • There are two array with same item's except the second one doesn't have one item missing form first. what will be your approach to find the missing one efficiently?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

I was contacted directly from HQ, and passed the telephone interview. Then in about two weeks, I had a f2f at the Conchy Office.

I was told that I would hear from HQ within 2 weeks. I did not hear back from anyone.

In fact, since they contacted me, I was curious as to know how the interview went. So I called HQ to get feedback.

On two different occasions after the face to face interview, when I called HQ, they kept telling me to call back in two weeks. Then when I did, she was surprised. This leads to me to believe that there is no "Follow up" with their employees, thus leaving me with a bad taste about the entire company.

They should consider the highly competitive climate us job seekers face each day. It's just common courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • I expected every question, the interview topics were typical, very professional, and friendly.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Got a direct call from EMC.
    The first round was a programming round basically involving sorting of Objects in java ( overriding comparators)
    Second round was technical round dealing with questions on RMI, web services, DB many to many mapping etc. Was asked to implement LinkedBlockingQueue
    Third round was architectural and Design patterns round. Given a use case what is the Design pattern you will use. ( questions were on map reduce framework, new features of java 8, observer patterns, multi threading, fork and join,)
    Fourth round was a scjp round. interviewer writes questions on a board and asks to predict the output. scjp questions on overloading, overriding, synchronized key word, finally block, abstract classes etc
    Fifth and sixth round more or less managerial rounds related Software engineering management concepts like agile , waterfall models etc .. and details on their projects
    Seventh Round HR

Interview Questions
    • Given a directory which contains sub directories and each sub directory contains multiple log files and each log file being around 40GB, write a program that can give me the name of the log file that has a maximum number of error statements within a particular time period.   View Answer
    a very good HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied the position online. HR contacted me after some time and sent me a screening doc. I finished it very soon. Then an onsite interview was scheduled. I expected a half day or a whole day interview, however, to my surprise, the interview took only half an hour with the hiring manager that day. After about one week, the hiring manager himself contacted me and scheduled me the follow-up interviews.
    As to my experience, the hiring process was a mass. However, the hiring manager was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • My program crashes, please enumerate all possible causes.   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

the interview panel will have 4 members and after that with manager and then HR we are done. total we will have 5-6 rounds of technical discussion and then finally with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions all very basics and description of your previous work.   Answer Question