EMC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

First get a call from HR for technical interview discussion,then 2 technical interview,manager round and then followed by HR.Interview was an average. Mostly question are related to my past experience.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC.

First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
    Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
    Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

1. Communication Round : Moderate
    2. Apti + technical : Moderate
    3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
    4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
    5. Managerial Round
    6. US HR round

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question
    Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

CollegeStudent Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2014.

I was first contacted at my college career fair and I made great conversation with one of the representatives who then decided to take two of my resumes and put one in a general application pool and the other in his departments own application pool. I contacted them the next day to make sure they got my application after applying online and to show initiative. I had a phone interview not too long after this maybe 2-3 weeks later while maintaining contact with the company. The phone interview was the only interview I had and in this they just wanted to know my interests and to get a more detailed look into what I do and why. I was told that they were going to move forward with other candidates so I asked the manager what I could improve on in my interview or skills and he said I was great in everything except talking about what I knew about EMC. I was contacted several months later and was asked if I was still interested in the job so I accepted the position and I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to do your research on a company it really pays off to do a simple google search and try to get an understanding of their products or what they do.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything I felt that the pay was more than fare for a college intern, and the vacation days were nice.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!