EMC

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EMC.

I applied through school career link and got the first interview two weeks later. The interview is more like a behavior one and goes very smoothly. Then I was told two days later for a second interview with the people in the group. It is also a behavior question and lasted for 30 minutes. I got the final interview one week later and then got the offer. The whole process is very smooth and the hr is very professional.

All of these interviews are conducted by phone.

ITLP Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

Two step process, one phone screen and a round robin interview at their global headquarters in Hopkinton MA. All interviewers were people within the company, not recruiters. Be prepared to discuss time you have failed.

Interview Questions
    Good offer, did not feel the need to negotiate.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC.

The hiring manager found my resume on Monster and called me. This was basically a phone interview. We went over my experience, what type of challenges i'm looking for, salary range and employment interests. At the end of the call he asked me to come in for an office interview that week. When i arrived, he met with me briefly explaining to me the process and that i would be interviewed by a few team members and then him again. I met the team lead, 2 QA engineers and the Director. Each had their own set of questions but I found them to be pretty basic. As in, search 'typical interview questions' on google and that was pretty much what they asked. At the time I had 10 years of exp in this field, so I felt very comfortable with whatever questions they asked me. I was honest with what I knew and what i didn't know. I met with the hiring manager again and we talked for a bit longer. He told me that they would be in touch with me in the next couple of days. I then got a call from the HR department and she gave me another little interview. Gave me an offer and i verbally agreed. Waited over the weekend and that Mon received a Fax with the official paper work that i signed and faxed back. Put in my 2 weeks notice and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any real difficult questions. The ones i find annoying are the abstract "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions. They just want to see if you're going to stick around. or that you have any other ambitions to improve yourself. One of the questions I like to ask the hiring manager is whether that company likes to see people move around within the company or do people tend to stay in the same spot for 10 years. That gives me some insight into what the company mentality is and helps me answer the annoying questions.   Answer Question
    Easy. I estimated 15k higher than what i was getting (65k) and they matched it + 1K more.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Telephonic interview by Hiring manager followed by five rounds of interview with various team members. The last round also included an onsite sales presentation to a panel of interviewers. More importance given to presentation and communication skills than to technical skills.

Interview Questions
    The offer was too good to decline

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

Submit your CV and usually will get initial call after 3 -14 days. Interview process goes as HR interview, Technical Interview, Team Lead interview, managerial interviews. If you pass one interview you get to the next til your final interview. The whole interviewing process takes about 1 week and you will know your if you are accepted or rejected within a few business days.

Interview Questions
    • - HR interview: pretty basic, go through your CV talking about your past experiences and a little in depth about projects and responsibilities held, a few personality questions, why you want to join EMC and why you want to leave your current employment (if applies).

- Technical Interview:
      College graduated basic knowledge in Networking, Networks, Software development life cycle, programming languages, programming paradigms, Unix/Linux basic commands, file systems.
      Expect any questions to skills writen on your CV.

- Team Leader Interview: Goes through the CV again, expect advance technical questions with respect to your technical background on your CV. Situation based assessment what/how would you do if faced with a certain situation?

Managerial Interviews: 2 parts one with a department manager and one with the General Manager. Going through your CV again and expect to be asked technical questions regarding your skills on your CV. As for the GM interview, going through your CV to get to know your personality more, no technical questions.
        Answer Question

Principal Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Whole process from Original HR recruiter contacting me to offer took approximately three weeks. I turned away the original request from the recruiter, stating that the position was not exactly what I was looking for. He reached back out to me that the hiring manager was very interested and still wanted to talk to me; after describing to me additional details about the position, I decided to pursue. After a non-technical discussion with the hiring manager and a 1 hour technical phone interview with team members; an offer was made.

Solid technical review and very casual.

Back and forth on salary and bonus a bit. Negotiated for more salary and less bonus.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online and received a call from the HR to schedule an onsite but I was travelling out of country, I requested for an phone interview instead and skype call for later references.

I recived a call from the team manager and he took the patience to explain the position and company. No particular technical questions were asked just went through my resume quickly.

A week later I got a call that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was first and the only phone screening and interview process.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, they offer good salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

HR scheduled scheduled interview over email and we never had a conversation before the interview.

Very decent technical round with two youngsters. They askw more about algorithms, techniques, approaches and how to implement etc.,

Three more technical discussions and they were all more of what you know and how do you approach and design.

I got totally exhausted and there comes the final Managerial round and typical questions like why are u looking for change, expected salary and etc., He also explained me about the product, team and work culture...

I was asked to meet the hr finally and went to meet him with lot of expectations and a glow in my face after hearing from the manager saying I've cleared all my interview, after all one if my dream company to join!

HR said we can talk over the phone and sent me:(. That's it they never called me for weeks.

When I emailed him he said, "This Requirement is on hold" and they never offered me!!!

Interview Questions
    • There are two array with same item's except the second one doesn't have one item missing form first. what will be your approach to find the missing one efficiently?   Answer Question