EMC

408 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Question – Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Hopkinton, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in January 2014.

Interview Details Great interaction with recruiter, was invited to on-site interview, EMC covered all travel expenses, interviewed with 6 different individuals, each interview was 30 to 45 minutes. Would advise anyone to bring a bottle of water and a cereal bar to an interview. Arrive early, easy to get lost on the wide-spread campus and cubicle maze.

Interview Question – Explain how to convince hesitant executives to pursue your proposal.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details Contacted quickly after applying. Two to three or possibly more interviews depending on technical complexity of the product. Mix of technical and managerial interview scenarios, many or all conducted same day. Traditional company environment, so dress to impress.

Interview Question – Why do backups take twice as long to complete.   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview Details I had 3 interviews, 2 with the hiring manager, and an informal interview with the team I was going to be working with. Focus of the interview was on Customer service and problem solving. Remember, solving a problem does not have to be complex.

Interview Question – What would be my legacy. Some people do not even have a 5 year plan talk more of legacy. Have a 5, 10, 18, 25, retirement and legacy plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but don't get stuck on the base pay because you get tuition reimbursement and mileage reimbursement.

Field Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details Hiring manager didn't seem interested at all being at work the day of the interview. Met with me and told me to wait. Disappeared for 10 minutes and then came back to get me. Interview had mixed feelings. Couldn't tell how it went really. Came of as they already picked someone for the job and felt obligated to interview me. Had not had any communication until after a few emaila about the position. Didn't get it but would have been nice to have known.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details I had 7 rounds to clear Communication,analytic, 2 technical, Managerial, Senior managerial, HR and Director round.
The toughest part is with the managers.. Most questions are based on your resumes. The more skills on technical language you put, the more questions are expected[ex. my resume had C, C++, Java, Unix etc]
Make sure you know the basics on what you have updated.
Communication and confidence will be your plus point.
Talk only upto the point and know much on the networking part.
EMC is one of the best place to work at.

Interview Question – Most difficult, when you are not able to connect to a server what would you check first?
what is DNS and how does it work?
Few questions on C++, JAVA were also there like what are class, call by value and call by reference example.
Top down approach, bottom up approach. How does the operating system works?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Confidential.

Software Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Interview Details Had two phone interviews. First one was an initial HR round followed by an interview with a Senior Software Engineer to assess interest and expertise in various areas. This was folllowed by 6 rounds of onsite interview at the RTP facility.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist/Statistician Interview

Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview Details 6 interviews 3 meetings 3 phone calls to the US

Interview Question – About parallel algorithms and ML questions about random forest   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details The process was a normal one. I interviewed with who would be my colleagues and my manager. The process took approximately 4 weeks from beginning to end. Once I got hired, it took about another month before I got my computer, phone and got on to the system. Training was done virtually with more onsite throughout the year.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, it was just around what the job entailed and my background. More of a get to know you interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They try to say that they can only give you 10% over your salary but that is not true. We went back and 4th a few times and they finally came up to my number.

College Student Inern Interview

Durham, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2012.

Interview Details I was initially contacted because I had my resume on the University Job Postings site by a manager at EMC. From there we e-mailed back and fourth until we set up an interview date. I kept in contact with him for a few months after and eventually an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Reverse a Linked List.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC interview questions and advice. All 408 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.