EMC

EMC Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jan, 2015
Updated 21 Jan, 2015

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Two interviews about an hour each. No structure. Focus on knowledge or industry and accounts. First call with recruiter, then the hiring manager and district manager. All very pleasant and personable. No questions on the technology or territory.

None. They gave me top dollar.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

In order: Short phone screen with talent acquisition specialist, short phone interview with division leader, programming test, in-person interview. The team leader of the Watch4net division seems to really care about his employees and likes to maintain a good working environment. Programming test performance, ability to fit in to the group, and bilingualism are probably the most important traits here.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at EMC.

I was contacted by EMC couple of months after leaving my cv on LinkedIn. I applied and had a phone/video interview that took about 1,5 hour. Lots of to expect questions where I was asked to give examples of how I dealt with those situations. After doing a couple of interviews you know what to expect so my advice would be to begin with companies and positions you find the less attractive. This way you can prepare for the one's you really like.
    With these things I always find it hard to know if you're on the right track and doing well... but apparently I did great cause they called me back to get references with is the last step of the recruitment process Part of the interview was a role play doing an sales call.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a work situation where you had to work with a coworker that you didn't like and what result came of this?   Answer Question

Personal reason

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC.

There were two different interviews with the second round being speed-dating style on site, and the first being a 1:1 interview on campus. Mainly just behavioral questions and questions on resume. Nothing too tricky. The interviews were very conversational and not as structured as usual, which was a breath of fresh air.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

operating system / networking related questions. grilling interview. answered all the questions. oo, UML related also. overall the process was smooth, contacted by HR first and then contacted by the interviewer. very good hr.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

The interviewing process was about 1 month via 2 phone screens followed by an onsite interview. They don't pay competitively and don't offer sign on bonuses but you make due. 30 days was about the norm for getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a security department?   View Answer
    They were not competitive by about 20% and don't believe in sign on bonuses.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

Technical interviews, HR, Interviews will be tough and elaborate. Need to know everything which is mentioned in the JD. Technical rounds will be elaborate and tricky. HR rounds will be promising once completing the tech round.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be very much satisfied with the JOB Description if you are applying   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Telephone interview followed by direct face to face interview with the team. Presentation of past work. Exhibited tools I have worked with. Hiring Director was very knowledgeable and understood the details of past work.The position was in storage division and past experience was in security industry. Yet the emphasis was on looking at how my release engineering skills are valuable.