EMC Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online, and contacted me for a short phone interview. Then I had a 3-hr phone interview with 2 engineers and 2 managers. Then they flew me to their office, and another round of interviews with the same people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly were related to data structures and linked lists. Some were about Linux commands and general database questions. Interviewers were helpful in providing clues as needed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Quality Program Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EMC.

Phone interview was promising but follow up was somewhat difficult. I got a call right away from the HR manager but was told the hiring manager was on vacation. I followed up the next week and was then told that the manager was away for two weeks, not one. I followed up again the week after that and was told that they were leaning toward a candidate that had interviewed prior to the manager going away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a contributor was difficult, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Campus placement. Company visited campus, Then PPT, Ojective exam (aptitude + technical), Technical interview (1 round), HR interview.

Step1: Aptitude + Technical Exam
    Step2: Technical Interview (1 round)
    Step3: HR interview (1 round)

Aptitude + Tchnical : Objective exam, Questions were good quality, very less time.

Technical Interview: Questions mainly from Operating Systems, OOP concepts. (IPC, Virtual memory, paging vs segmentation, Activation record etc).

HR interview: Just formality, regarding projects, Interests etc.

Interview Questions
    • One Question started from Paging vs Segmentation and went up to Compaction and Buddy systems.   Answer Question
    Campus Placement, No scope for negotiation with students.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

First get a call from HR for technical interview discussion,then 2 technical interview,manager round and then followed by HR.Interview was an average. Mostly question are related to my past experience.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EMC.

First was an HR interview, the typical HR questions, very easy.
    Then was with hiring manager, no technicalities asked was more about the personality.
    Then 2 interviews with the department manager and the GM, also general talk.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all, job doesnt need any particular set of skills.   Answer Question

Associate IT Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

1. Communication Round : Moderate
    2. Apti + technical : Moderate
    3. Technical Round : Moderate containing C/C++ concepts and question son final year project.
    4. HR Round : They do this for timepass. They remove good candidates just for timepass.
    5. Managerial Round
    6. US HR round

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate members in your team if you are the team leader?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Program Manager Interview

interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview process was relatively simple, met with hiring director. Then a phone interview with a staff member and job offer was extended. A simple process all in all.

Interview Questions

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!