DynCorp International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Interview Details submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

Negotiation Details – quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Generator Mechanic Interview

Generator Mechanic
Kollam (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2009.

Interview Details one interview. phone interview

Interview Question – dc alternator faul we can repair or repalce   View Answer

Negotiation Details – good salary

Rotary Wing Mechanic Interview

Rotary Wing Mechanic

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details Simple hiring process no interview required, it was all based off resume and recommendations

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2011.

Interview Details Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Question – FAR, DFAR knowledge highly regarded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Data Entry Clerk

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

Interview Details It was easy and organised. The DynCorps delegates encourage you and they were familiar. The interview location was a 2000 KMs away from me so it took me 2 days of continues travelling by local transport like buses and railways...after the interviewed i got my offer letter on my way back to home, their processing was so fast.
A few paper works, interview and that's it...get ready to utilize your skills with respect and good outcome.

Negotiation Details – The pay-out they give you is now much lesser than before in this project . In simple we get just 1/4th then any US citizen besides we have the same hazardous environment and life threatening situations.

Security Specialist Interview

Security Specialist
Reston, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

Interview Details My interview was very nice and interesting.
They explained income, location, excepted duties, hours and who I would be working for. (Manager/Supervisor) and he just so happened to be there so I got to meat him, and he gave me an overview of what would be expected of me and when I could start working.

Interview Question – About my age   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "I am able to offer you $18.65 per hour if that is acceptable"

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews with DynCorp. The process took about three weeks before I was notified of the hire. The interview process consisted of questions about Human Resource policies recruitment strategies, favorite positions held and behavioral questions. The interviews lasted for one hour and were conducted by a manager and team lead.

Interview Question – What was the hardest position to fill and how did I fill the vacant position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic

I applied online - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview Details Sign up online to the company website with resume application and cover letter. Interview process is performed en-masse at hotel or convention center at conclusion of contracts. drop off hard copy of resume, only 5 min interviews as it is more groups at the same time and entered into data base for possible employment.

Interview Question – What is your expereince on such and such airframe?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Governmnt contracts are take it or leave it affairs

DFAC Manager Interview

DFAC Manager

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details It was no interview. Just went off your resume and im glad my interview skills suck

Interview Question – There nothing difficult or unexpected they told us from the very begining that the living conditions would be hard so no supprise to me at all   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview Details Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Question – A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International