DynCorp International

Updated 8 Feb, 2015
Updated 8 Feb, 2015

2.4

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International.

There was no interview. After applying, I was later contacted by phone and told I got the job. After 5 years here, I still have yet to meet the lady who called me. I don't even know where she works. Everyone I know didn't go through an interview. They love military, but I know of 4 employees out of 500 that have no military experience. I was former military.

Fuels, Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DynCorp International.

I am purpose driven, highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious young individual with an accurate self-image. I am more interested in the team welfare than own desires, ever willing to undertake new challenges and can work under pressure with least supervision.

Aircraft Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DynCorp International.

email and phone call. Offer via email responded. Interview by phone with panel. Background check and health check due to living overseas. Once all health and background checks complete everything went well

contract no negotiation

Supply/Logistics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2015.

Applied online for a few jobs around the end of last year, received a call from a recruiter about two weeks ago and she asked my job experience relevant to this position and I told her everything I did and it matched the requirements and everything was fine. Was told where I would be working (Country/Base) and given the salary, the benefits, and even the departure date if hired. She then asked me if I could e-mail her a resume highlighting particular key experiences relevant to this job. I had a resume but it did not highlight what they wanted to see but no big deal. She asked about my military experience and I stated I served 17 years and took the early retirement, she also must have seen my DD Form 214 and military rank I departed as and noticed I lost a rank and she asked why and I gave her a very general explanation and she concluded it sounded like no big deal being I retired with an Honorable Discharge. I was relieved it did not seem to be a big deal and really though nothing of it, I mean I received an Honorable Discharge and am receiving a retirement pension. I was "forced out" though with the "budget cuts" but was able to retire early. I got into trouble almost 2 years in the past and it was not a huge deal and it was non-judicial punishment and I did not have a court-martial, was not confined, and it's not on my permanent record. Two days later she called and asked for a better copy of my DD Form 214 so they could see my discharge type (even though it was on the one I provided but I forgot to scan an additional page). I called and said I would send it to her, and also stated my resume looked great but also said her management seemed concerned with me losing a stripe and the "general reason" I provided to her and she asked me to write a "memorandum" highlighting everything which I did later that night. A day later (Thursday), she e-mailed me and stated she was submitting this to their supervision for review and she hoped she would be able to make me "that offer." On Friday, I got one of those canned and faked out "We regret to inform you we are pursuing other qualified applicants....Thank you for your interest." I called and asked her details and her supervision felt I was "lying" and covering up the reasoning I received an Article 15 and lost a stripe in comparison to the reasoning I provided. I mean maybe my CO was a bit of a "hard head" who implemented a relatively serious punishment but they did not even consider that reasoning and only speculated/came up with a conspiracy theory I was lying. They also brag to have a "best buddy" relationship with the military and they are their biggest customer and this may be detrimental to that relationship. I mean, they could not reach back to me and maybe ask me for somebody I could direct them to from my old command to verify this punishment, many of them who thought I received the "shaft" on this. Technology is great, they could have found out my information another way and my punishment did not cause me to lose my security clearance or receive criminal charges and I received an HONORABLE discharge. I guess that did not mean anything..... I think they're either inept or were fishing around for an excuse to not consider me based on this irrelevant past information. The best part is that she said I could always apply later on but in my mind, I wonder if this issue would still hinder me in the future and she also stated she was "my biggest fan" but people above her made the decision(s) they did and pretty much based on nothing but speculation and paranoia or whatever.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why I lost a stripe in the military despite the fact I received an HONORABLE discharge and was in "retirement" status   View Answer

Supply/Logistics Interview

I applied online via the DynCorp International Website at the end of December then I received a call after about 4 weeks from a DynCorp Recruiter who sounded positive about me and went over the particular job I applied. She asked if I was experienced with certain systems and certain things that were required with the job and I said I was. She sounded positive about me and stated everything about this position to include the location (country of assignment) which I thought was great because it was the same location as my last deployment I was on while in the Air Force then she covered living conditions there, the pay, benefits, and EVEN a departure date. It almost sounded as if I was about to receive an offer then she stated the "Supply Manager" would be conducting another interview with me. We then discussed my military experience and she looked at my DD Form 214 and the experience I placed in the computer and she noticed my rank and asked if I had "lost" a stripe and I said yes then she asked why and I gave her a very general description because it is something I was embarrassed about. She then said it would not be a big deal because it did not sound like anything "criminal," a small mistake, and I was discharged "HONORABLY" with a retirement pension. She asked me to update my resume showing my experience in those places that were required for this position and I did that then sent it later that night. Two days later, I was at work and had a missed call from her stating she needed another copy of my DD Form 214 scanned because the one I had uploaded to my profile was missing the last page so I went home and grabbed my copy then scanned it from work. I called her to let her know I did that and she was thankful and stated her manager was impressed by my resume but they were also expressing "concern" over my lost stripe and the thing that caused it and I was wondering why she did not say that in the voice message she left about my DD 214. She said it would be best to craft up a memorandum stating that and I did that and I gave a detailed explanation on what happened, why, and even stated it was my fault. I also enclosed some memorandum for records from former supervisors and co-workers containing positive comments about me which were written before I received my final punishment for my act. One day later, she thanked me for that and stated she sent them to her supply manager and still sounded hopeful about my employment there and still sounded like this would not be an issue. Less than a day later while I was on lunch at work, I received one of those usual e-mails you receive from jobs where they say, "I regret to inform you, we are pursuing other qualified applicants for this position"..... Yes, this was just an e-mail. I then called her and she claimed the Supply Manager thought long and hard about this but just was not comfortable with my explanation on why I lost that stripe ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO and went and "consoled" with their "security manager" and they concluded this probably was a bit more than what I wrote, instead of thinking I may have had a "hard" commander, and I retired at 17 years due to the force reduction cuts in 2014 at 17 years and they thought it was "suspicious" I got out three years before my 20 and an incident like that should have kept me in there. I explained to her I was forced to retire because of the "cuts" and this act I did in early 2013 was a factor but NOT the direct cause or my commander would have recommended discharge back then and that's why I could not stay until 20. I also stated I retired and had an HONORABLE discharge and never lost my "Secret" security clearance over this and said they could ask anybody. So, I was qualified for the job, more than qualified but they made me ineligible for this position because of "theories" about something in my past I was completely honest about, I have no criminal record, I did not lose my security clearance, and have an HONORABLE discharge and will receive a retirement the rest of my life. Sounds like they were "fishing" for something there and they sound pretty inept and I really hope they get some people there with some sense and this was ridiculous. They claim to have a close relationship with the military or Air Force so why don't they have "blue suiters" in the AF they could have consoled regarding me instead of jumping to conclusions? Why didn't they bounce questions back to me to get some insight on this? This was ridiculous and DynCorp uses "recruiters" and not the normal HR people and it's rare from what I hear, to get a call from a recruiter and I figured they should have had all this stuff straightened out before my first call..... The recruiter also said she hopes I apply for something later on (not sure how long from now) and could have a chance getting that but I'm not sure if they'll still ask the same BS questions about my past act in the military.

Heavy Wheel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Straight forward for the most part. HR will call you if interested to set up an interview. The interview will be a series of questions pertaining to the field. Answer all questions to the best of your ability. All positions with this company will pay what is offered in offer letter, with no chance of a raise or promotion. You must apply for another position to get more pay. No overtime.

Interview Questions
    None. A letter is sent to you, either you accept or you do not.

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2014.

The company did the interview over the phone so not too much pressure. Questions were geared 90% towards the knowledge of the PBUSE system and it's processes. The other 10% of questions were towards behavior scenarios and situation type questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's the process for property that comes to the system?

Describe the process of building a component listing in the system?

Describe the process for sending orders to the SSA?

Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I obtained this position via internal transfer from a different location of the same program. The interview process was brief since it only detailed some general aircraft knowledge with what i was to expect if the transfer was to be granted at that time. Overall painless.

Painless. As expected.

Business Analyst Interview

Interviews depend on the job and department.

Interview Questions
    • Had to try to understand the foreign user's perspective   Answer Question
    No room for negotiations

General Labor/Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2014.

the interview was well, i like it, it has motivation towards application of jobs.moreso the question was almost the same.the interview was also abit challenging but all i go throug.thanks for the time they take over me.

Interview Questions
    • the rage of salary.would i be able to ask about the salary?   View Answer
    there is no negotiation at all, i would to ask them to be volunteer