Dunkin' Brands

Updated 1 Dec, 2014
Updated 1 Dec, 2014

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dunkin' Brands in November 2014.

Great interview process. The process wasn't traditional but seems to be the best format to help the company gain a better understanding of you, while you gain a better understanding about the company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

On Campus Recruiting - someone came to my college and handed him my resume. Was called for an interview at their headquarters. Took a cab there, met a few people and they let me know within a week if I got the job or not. Great atmosphere there, it is like a family run place even though it is a billion dollar corporation

Project Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in June 2014.

The process took nearly two months. It started out with a writing test and then a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. It then went on to a 1:1 phone interview with the HR point of contact. Next, I had to do a recorded video interview. Next a personality test that consisted of 12 pages with 30 questions per page. This was followed by an IQ test. IQ and Personality test are part of your interview score and it is illegal according to the supreme court to do so as it is considered a discriminatory practice.After a few weeks, I had a face to face in Canton, MA. The hiring manager messed up my interview schedule and admitted to me she had only ever managed 3 projects vs. my 8-32 per quarter. She said I had too much Fortune 500 experience. It took them 1.5 weeks to get back to me to tell me that I was too big of a fish and would not be able to swim in a little pond, which was extremely short sighted and insulting. I was told I was the top candidate throughout this entire process. It took them two months to figure out they did not want their top candidate. Enough said.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in April 2013.

Easy interview process. At the time I applied, I could not find any internships with the company online so I sent a letter to the CEO and he actually responded to my note and forwarded my resume to HR. I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The phone interview was with two managers in the department I was applying for and they asked pretty straightforward questions about my past work experience. The in-person interview was more of a way for me to see the cooperate headquarters then an interview. I received a call from my hiring manager on my way home from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you faced at work/school and how did you overcome the problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, all interns are paid $13/hr

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Very quick. One interview with VP and I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    None.Got a good offer and sign on bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

I had a phone interview at first and it was very formal and uncomfortable. Then I finally was able to come in for a 1:1 interview as well as a group interview, twice. Both in person interviews went very well once I met the people who I would eventually work with. The phone interview and initial meeting was conducted by a recruiter and didn't seem to have any knowledge of the company and was not very friendly, nor was the HR Manager that I met with.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem you've ever encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate due to the fact that I was unemployed

Field Ops Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter (I think third party on their behalf) for a phone interview. That went well, but when you do a phone interview with a recruiter you really have to work hard to mess it up. Recruiter then tried several times to setup interviews with next level managers, but their travel kept postponing the process and I started to wonder if the position had any value. Finally able to interview in person with Ops Director and VP and those went well. Then another phone interview with the HR rep who made it her mission to try and trip me up. Ops Director called about a week or so later with an offer. Little did I know that the company would jerk me around, constantly changing my territory and not getting a raise or promotion. Work/Home life is now way out of balance and pay trails comparable positions. Directors come and go based on the person at the helm. Right now that means Dunkin' Brands is the second home of former Papa John's management.

Interview Questions
    • What are some examples of how you used pursuasion to get a group of people to complete a task?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in May 2010.

I went in for a one on one interview after applying in the store. The district manager interviewed me and was very nice. It was my first real interview so as unprepared as I was, it wasn't that bad. He asked about availability, work ethic, how I work in groups, how I take direction, how I deal with authority, and how fast of a learner I am. Most of the questions were directly related to how things would be in the position. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. After he had asked me everything and I asked him a few questions, he told me I was hired and gathered the papers for me to sign. Easy!

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in April 2010.

I was initially contacted through a recruiter. I did an initial screening with HR by phone and that was followed up by two on-site interviews. The first of the on-site interviews was with HR and the hiring team. The interviews were entirely behavioral. The second on-site interview was with the hiring director and the VP. Again those interviews were behavioral and not particularly hard. I think that they were mostly looking for fit.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in January 2010.

I showed up on time which was a plus because I thought I wouldnt make it at all. He looked over my application right in front of my face, but it turned out for the best because we were able to negotiate the hours that he needed me and he hours that I was available. I continued to smile and he did as well. Overall it was quite an experience. My advice is to really seem as if you want the job and dont be too proud to make it seem as if you dont need them and present yourself appropiately and it will be smooth sailing.

n/a