Duff & Phelps

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Morristown, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Interview Question – Depreciation's effect on financial statements   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in November 2011.

Interview Details I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.

Interview Question – The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as I was coming from college.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in June 2011.

Interview Details I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Question – How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2011.

Interview Details No technicals, all behavioral

Interview Question – Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2010.

Interview Details DP came and recruited at my university. After initially getting turned down for an interview, I spoke with the recruiter on campus and asked them to reconsider me for the position. They did, and an interview was set up for later that week.

At an info session before the interviews, DP told us to make sure we knew our technical information, because thats how most applicants get killed during the interview. Along with that, DP was definitely one of the toughest interviews I've had this season, asking very specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, either in a professional or academic setting, where you had a public speaking opportunity and you failed. And then tell me how you learned from that and how you would not make that mistake again.   Answer Question
  • What is WACC? CAPM? Free Cash Flow?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2009.

Interview Details alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Interview Question – What is an asset?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in February 2008.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with a recruiter followed by 2 office visits.

Interview Question – Business Case exercise   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2007.

Interview Details Initial interview was over the phone. After a good experience there I was offered to visit the office for a series of interviews with the members of the group I was applying for.

Interview Question – What are some of your least desirable qualities?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duff & Phelps

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!

Duff & Phelps Videos

Duff & Phelps – Why Work for Us?

Sound decisions start with Duff & Phelps Here at Duff & Phelps, we know what it takes to power sound decisions: collaboration, expert training and insight. But ultimately, it all comes down to the human element: our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duff & Phelps interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Duff & Phelps employees and interview candidates.