Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated 13 Aug, 2014
Updated 13 Aug, 2014

3.1

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

They beat another offer I had

Valuation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

I applied online. After exactly one week, I received correspondence from their HR for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled 2 weeks after I received the correspondence. During the interview, I was asked to tell a little about myself, and they asked questions about what classes I like the most and least and specific questions from my resume.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

applied through school portal & interviewed on campus, was called back for a second round. Mostly fit questions to see how you fit into the company.

Valuation Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Analyst, Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Recruiter came to my school. Talked to him, sent my resume over to him. Within in two weeks they contacted me, saying they wanted to setup a phone interview with me. After two weeks of them postponing the initial interview it finally happened. They even contacted at like 10 on a Saturday night to postpone. The VP was very casual in his style interview. Nothing really crazy, but I prepared for all the complicated stuff and the simple accounting questions ended up doing me in.

1. If you have negative net income can you still be CF positive?
    2. How do you go about valuing a company?
    3. Tell me about yourself.
    4. Ability/willingness to work long hours.
    5. Have you used Capital IQ
    Not in that order.

Interview Questions
    • If your working capital ratio is 15%, while the rest of your competitors is around 12%. What can you do to lower your working capital?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2014.

Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Phone Interview and then office interview

Intern Interview

The manager did screen interview and they dont do sponsorship. The interview was pretty casual, and HR is pretty nice.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

First contacted them through career fair and applied online. Had a first round interview on campus and the second round interview was at their office. Finally, I received phone calls throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • I had a group business case question with other potential candidates. It involved working closely with other candidates at first, and then a written portion. Besides that, very behavioral interview questions because nobody expects undergraduate students to be fluent in this field.   Answer Question

They would have been an excellent company to work for. I simply received a slightly better offer elsewhere.

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!