DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated 23 Feb, 2015
Updated 23 Feb, 2015

2.3

Purchasing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I applied online. it took only 2 days for the HR to contact me. I had an phone interviewing with the HR. all the questions were behavioral based. then she set up an in person interview on the very next day. I met up with the hiring manager and a supervisor for the position I applied for. again, they asked me all the behavioral questions.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2015.

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I received a call from a recruiter on career builder they scheduled a interview. I went to their campus in east Mesa and interviewed. I received a dry email stating that they have elected to go with another candidate. They are big on office culture. the question they asked me were about my knowledge of fdcpa cfpb and state specific laws.

Interview Questions
    • Being that you just completed school in a unrelated field why are you going back into collections.   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Hiring recruiter is VERY aggressive and persistent, as I had never applied for his job on any job board or website. She left VM, e-mails, text messages and called constantly.

Interviewed initially with the 2 General Managers that had opening in their stores on opposite sides of town. Casual but still with an agenda. 2nd portion of the interview was with the Regional manager, who seemed much more intimidating but also less interested and distracted. The regional manager asked initially about any hand/visible tattoos as a candidate before me had these.

Interview was very calm, and for a previous hiring manager myself, this was pretty typical. The GM that was going to take me to his store rounded out the interview and confirmed schedules and start date, pending the background check pass.

I did have to orchestrate most of my own background check to move it along.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about potential visible tattoos or my facial hair.   Answer Question
    None needed, competitive salary and generous commission rates.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I went through two interviews in the same day, first one is with the GM of the store and then the Regional Mgr., if they really like you then they will set up the second interview the same day or soon...also when they tell you to talk to other sales reps. after the first interview, this is a critical step because they want to see how the other advisors feel about you as well, so be energetic, ask quality questions and be extremely motivated because if the other advisors dont approve of you, the you may not get hired

Base Salary is non-negotiable

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in December 2014.

Process was smooth, everything happened in 3-4 days from application to interview. However it seemed I was being led on throughout the process when they decided not to offer anything after the interview despite giving me positive feedback after the recruiter phone call and interview. I Recommend not getting too excited when things seem to be going well with the process.

Sales Advisor Interview

the interview process is so easy and simple, you don't have to do 10 interviews in order to get the job like other companies, no need for math, science and biology test
    they call you back even if you have not been selected.
    HR follow up with you and they are so friendly

Interview Questions
    • there is no difficult question, the interview went smooth and easy   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in November 2014.

Received a phone call from recruiter about resume I had submitted, after brief phone interview she said she would like for me to meet with the managers at the location. She told me the kind of questions to expect and how I should be sure to research the company. My interview was a day later, a Friday. I met with two gentleman who were very friendly from the beginning-they gave me quick tour of the location then off to the office for the official interview. The interview was good, they explained the day to day functions of the position and asked questions about my previous work experience and what I knew about the company. They wanted to know about areas I would like to improve on and what is my strongest trait that I could bring to the company. Then I met with another manager who was very laid back, he asked why did I want to work for DriveTime and ask about my weakness. After that I was lead out to the work floor, where I would be working to sit with someone for 30 mins. After that I was briefly introduced to the Director. I interviewed with the company on a Friday and heard back by Monday.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just know about company and be confident...show them that you have confidence and be very friendly.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in November 2014.

Applied online and was contacted approximately 1 week later by a recruiter. Had a quick (about 20 mins) phone interview with recruiter. Questions involved what I knew about the company, why I chose to apply and how I thought my experience would be beneficial to them. From phone interview was given an in-person interview the next day. Was told by recruiter that atmosphere was very professional and to wear a suit if I had one. When I arrived at the business I found that the atmosphere was more like business casual. The workplace is basically a giant warehouse with a sea of cubicles with no walls and everyone can see and hear everyone. In-person interview was quite easy. I spoke to two people at once (not clear if they were management or just some higher level employees) and questions were very casual (again, what drew you to this company, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc) and then I was directed to sit with an employee for 20-30 mins in order to get a feel for the job. The employee I sat with was very nice and informative, however the people around us were anything but professional. They were cussing and trashing their customers and it was pretty apparent that most of them do not love their jobs; contrary to what the recruiter said, this was not a professional workplace but I did see a sense of camaraderie amongst the workers, so that was a plus. After I left, I was contacted later in the day by the same recruiter who then scheduled me to see the director a few days later for a 2nd interview. Basically same process at 2nd interview; it was short and casual. Was told I would hear something in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?   View Answer

Just didn't seem like a fun place to work. People seemed somewhat disgruntled and the sea of desks was a little unnerving. No privacy whatsoever. (Think Office Space...and you really do have to come in on Saturday quite frequently, I was told)

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2014.

Very lax and I think their decision was made right when I walked in. 2 person interview and one always seemed distracted looking out the window waving to coworkers. I felt discouraged from the get go since the other interviewer gave the feel that they weren't interested in what I was saying

Interview Questions
    • Explain you, if you prepared for this interview then tell us the one answer you planned knocking out of the park   Answer Question