Dow Chemical

Updated 2 Mar, 2015
Updated 2 Mar, 2015

2.9

Piping Engineering Interview

Shortlisted in basis of CGPA.Followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Two month internship followed by PPO offer.

Personal interview had a technical round flowed by a human resource round.The people were friendly. The questions were not really difficult.

Senior Engineer for IT Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2014.

I was referred by consultancy for that position. 1st round of interview was through phone.
    Technical questions ware very few and easy. Then they asked to visit DOW’s office for F2F rounds.
    In this round, mostly I asked questions about job roles and position. Next two round ware Client Interaction mainly based on process related questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question neither Technical nor Process or HR Related. Questions was like do you know about X technology ? , Did you did X task ?, How do handle this situation?, What is your weekness?   View Answer

They offered way less than the initial expectation which I already informed them.

Ph D Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2014.

I submitted my resume, cover letter & research description through my University career center. I heard that I got an interview within a few days of the close of the application process. The interview was about 1 week later. Prior to my interview they contacted one of my references for a letter of rec. The interview was with current PhD scientists at Dow, not HR people. I haven't heard back from them since the interview, which I'm assuming means I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in industry? Can you tell me about a time you initiated a collaboration?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2014.

Very insightful interview. The interviewer was a chemical engineer like me so, we had a lot to talk about. I could not use difficult engineering word like I do to the HR interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What Ion Exchange works in water purification for boiler use   View Answer
    Offer is preset. No negotiations

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

I filled out an online requisition / application on Dow's website. (I happen to like Dow's job board and application process, by the way; it is quite slick and works very well.) I had to take a technical aptitude test during the application process, which I enjoyed. A couple days later I received an email saying Dow wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I responded to the email and set up a time, which was about a week later. When the interviewer contacted me, she was very nice, but she wasn't the hiring manager, therefore the answers I gave her were being recorded both by phone and by her typing my answers. She had canned questions. She was feeling me out and testing, mainly, my soft skills. She asked about ten questions, of which about half could have been answered by looking at my resume. The interview took about 30 minutes. After it was after, she thanked me and told me I could check the status of my application online, and I could also call an 800 number and inquire, but only after a period of about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Canned questions regarding the time I "handled a challenging situation on the job", and "what one thing makes me stand out against my peers". None of the questions are necessarily difficult, but these are the kind of questions that are difficult to answer because it's hard to know *exactly* what any given employer is looking for.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

Contacted by HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Applied online. Got invited to an interview event. Two consecutive group panel interviews; 3 people for the first, 4 for the second. Typical behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Have a better offer from another company.

Summer Intern - Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I am still in college and went to a conference in Indianapolis to meet with recruiters. I spoke with one of the recruiters and they were friendly and very knowledgeable. Although, they were not in my type of engineering they set me up with a meeting over the phone with a supervisor that is in the department I would be best suited for. Within a week of that conversation/meeting/interview I was offered an internship.

Interview Questions
    no need to negotiate; price was more than expected.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview process starts with a 30 minutes' written test and as screening process and then a very brief 15 minutes' behavior interview and talk with human resources manager. In about 2 weeks, follow up with the second round on site interview for about an hour with a functional leader and 2 team leaders (panel interview).

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior interview starting from walking through resume and lasts about an hour.   Answer Question

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Fairly typical initial interview, behavioral questions and the like. Try and express some of your strengths in these answers. I personally only had one round of interviewing of approximately 30 minutes. I was given a call about 2 hours later telling me I got the job. Very great interviewers, as I did not find it very difficult to strike up a conversation. They were very good at asking questions about my resume, and figuring out who you are as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Choose a time where you were put in a situation where someone was doing something wrong, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Offer was great, and did not need to negotiate.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I was recruited out of college, so the process may vary depending on the stage of your career. The hiring process consisted of an off-site interview, as well as an on-site visit. The interview was behavior based, and standard "STAR" format was the preference for responses. My recommendation is to be prepared to answer the "basic" interview questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, challenging experiences, and demonstration of initiative; having an awareness of these types of scenarios will help you answer any behavioral based question. Additionally, be prepared with questions for the employer, and show initiative and interest; this can help you in demonstrating ability to critically think about the role, opportunities long and short term, and general personal style.

Interview Questions
    • As the questions were behavioral based, I would say to focus on having a clear understanding of and capability to effectively communicate your personal experiences (both professional and personal). I did not encounter any questions that were truly technical in nature, but this may also depend on the particular role.   Answer Question
    The process for reviewing the offer and negotiating was smooth. I felt well communicated to, and responses were timely. Everyone was very open to chatting, discussing freely about the realistic options, and seeking to find a way to meet the needs of both the company and potential employee.