Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
    Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Lead Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Straight forward process. Had intro discussion with HR where they asked basic questions about my experience, why I was looking, and salary requirements. Then had 4 consecutive 30min discussions with a variety of leaders who each asked situational / behavioral type questions. Each person focused on a different characteristic.

Everyone from HR to interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Really know difficult questions. Asked things like " tell me about a time when you had a failure. What happened; what did you do? Learn?, etc."   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

No negotiation possible

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2014.

Met recruiter at a social recruiting event and kept in contact. I received an invitation to interview a couple week after the last meeting. I reached out to a few others within Treasury at Dow. The interview was the only round and was on-campus.

EH&S Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question
    Not much unfortunately

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer
    Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.

R& D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Initial resume screen followed by phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your previous position that impressed your co-workers? I got the impression the primary goal of phone screen is to nail down expected salary and past salary. I learned very little new about the position I was applying for beyond what I already knew.   Answer Question