Dow Chemical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Chemist Interview

Research Chemist
Midland, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2009.

Interview Details 30 yrs ago, College campus interview, invitation for an onsite interview, interviews with multiple teams of several individuals in a couple of departments, job offer immediately (not normal)

Interview Question – why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just discussed salary which is among the top tier of their type of company.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Collegeville, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details Did the telephone interview with HR, then after one week, invited me to do an onsite interview in Pennsylvania, the interview went very smooth, people are very friendly as well. They are looking for someone has working experience.

Interview Question – Can you please tell me if I give you a million dollar, what kind of research you want to invest, and why?   Answer Question

Performance Material R&D Engineer Interview

Freeport, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview Details I was first invited to the on-campus, one-on-one, interview. The interviewer was very friendly, general behavioral questions were asked. Three weeks later, I was invited to an on-site visit at Freeport Texas. They paid for all the expenses including travel, lodging, and meals. I arrived hotel on Thursday night. I had breakfast with my host at the hotel. I made a presentation about selected topics from my PhD thesis in the morning, followed by interviews with individual Dow fellows, managers. During the presentation, I got interrupted for a lot of questions so I was not able to finish the presentation, but the interaction between us seemed fine. I had lunch with a young employee who shared a lot of experiences working in Dow with me. In the afternoon, I was interviewed by three other Dow fellows. Conversations were very friendly, some discussion about technical objectives and career in Dow.

Interview Question – What do you think you can make a Patent out of your previous work?   View Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer

I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview Details I submitted an online application and spoke to them at a career fair. I got an interview with them which I thought went very well. The lady was very nice and she told me a great deal about what it is like to be an engineer at Dow.

Interview Question – All behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details I interview at a conference in Indianapolis the interview was just general questions

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Senior R&D Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Applied in career fair. Received an on-campus interview after a week. Talk about research and some standard behavior question. No unexpected question.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self (5 minutes)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed with Dow after meeting them at my university's career fair. They were very nice and asked a number of standard behavioral interview questions...an experience with a difficult team member, a time you stepped up into a leadership role, etc. I heard back about 7 weeks later and was not offered an on-site interview.

Interview Question – What was a time you stood up for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Dow asks the typical behavioral questions expected. One of the interviewers was really nice, but the other seemed really awkward and uninterested.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you initially failed at a project or task and whats steps you took to correct your mistakes   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details I talked to a recruiter in a career fair who then offered me interview. The interview was quite simple and easy going, the recruiter was really friendly. He sold the company really well made me want to switch from wanting to work for their rivals to working for them instead.

Interview Question – It was mostly standard questions, why dow chemical? or just tell me a situation in where you had to use emotional thinking and how did you work with it.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details Interviewed at an Off-Campus Career Fair. There was a one on one interview and it was mainly focused on my ability to deal with problems while working on a team, and my experience in terms of collaboration. I also had about 20 minutes to ask questions and get a grasp of the team I would be working for.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had to work with a client or customer and balance their needs with your skills.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The location was not ideal for me