Domino's Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

1.6

Delivery Driver Or Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Domino's (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via Snagajob and the application consisted of a personality assessment, plus quizzes on math, spelling, reading, and grammar abilities. You have to answer questions about your driving record, and I admitted that I've had a moving violation within the past three years; I know they'll be checking these things so honesty is the best policy.

I got called back after two days to schedule an interview. The manager on the phone sounded around my age (early 20s) and seemed like he'd be very personable so I was looking forward to seeing how the interview went. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and stood in the store at their empty counter for a couple minutes before an employee came out from the back. I let him know I had arrived for my interview a bit early, and he told me I could go sit wherever and he would come out when he was ready.

When he came out after a few more minutes, we had a basic and strictly business interview about what the job would entail and only a few questions for me, with only one coming close to being about my driving history or capabilities: Why a delivery driver? My response to that was probably nothing too spectacular, but it was pretty much this: "I enjoy driving and making hungry people happy." I did state that I'd be willing to work a different position within the store if that was what the store was needing.

This was my first job interview in a while, having kept my past jobs for at least a year. It reminded me of my earlier job interviews in life in a bad way: the interviewer mostly kept a deadpan expression, failing to acknowledge any answers I provided. I know this is a bad thing because usually you want to make your interviewers smile or laugh or enjoy themselves in some way, which I failed to do, but I think I provided appropriate answers to the questions asked of me.

The last part of the interview was having a few background check papers pushed my way and being told to fill them out. Done! The interviewer told me he'd be letting me know within a few days. Sure enough, I got an email response a couple days later:

"Thank you for applying to Domino's. We appreciate your time and interest in working with us. Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with you in regards to this position but we will keep your application on file."

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with helping out in the store when you're not making deliveries?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Domino's (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to a Domino's in my area, Not really expecting a call back but the called back within a week and asked could I come in for a interview. I sat down and interviewer with (I guess he was a manager) about the position. He told me alot of Domino's are being renovated and needed new CSRs. I was only asked one question "Why Domino's?" He told me to call back within 1-2 days to see when my background check came back. Very simple interview & No drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is Minimum wage, and you get 20 hours a week.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

Called into store to get application form. Fairly standard form asking for basic information and qualifications. Called for interview within a few days and the interview was basically just a quick chat with the manager to see if I was suitable for the role. After this he said that I could start pretty much immediately and began my training soon after.

Insider Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I filled out an application and gave it to the manager. A couple weeks later I was asked when I could work and that was it. I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable

Delivery Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

There wasn't really any interview. I called Domino's twice and they said they didn't have my application on file (that was a lie), so I went in and filled out an application in store and they gave me a packet on where to go and what to wear for the NEO. (Follow that packet, and you'll most likely get the job)

You go to the NEO (New Employee Orientation) and they hand out packets, paperwork, and the Area Supervisor talks to you and the other possible employees. Ask plenty of questions and seem generally interested in the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I applied about 2 weeks before i got called to an interview and he told me to have a copy of my social security and my state i.d i went and , i waited for the manager to get there and interviewed me in his office. He only asked one question which was if i had worked before and right after that he gave me a packet of paper to fill out like for the taxes etc which means im pretty much hired now. Now i just have to go to the orientation and i can get started with my training.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions, the interview was very easy.   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Domino's (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via Domino's website and (unbeknownst to me at the time) a recruiter. Received a call from the recruiting agency within hours and was setup on an interview with the head of IT at Domino's within a day or two.

When I arrived at Domino's Farms (their HQ) I was not met by the Director of IT or even a manager I was met by two employees of indeterminate rank and title. They were very nice but were not dressed professionally or even neatly and by their obvious discomfort and confusion were not part of the management hierarchy.

The interview was short because neither interviewer asked particularly good questions and the questions they did ask were not relevant to the position. For instance I was asked if I can write scripts; to which I explained my familiarity and past experiences doing so only to be met with the response "Ok, well you won't have to because we do that."

There were many instances of that occurring, asking questions about tasks I wouldn't be doing; which is a waste of everyone's time. Additionally, my interviewers clearly displayed their distain for the franchises they were tasked to help for this project. I was very turned off by the overall lack of professionalism in the interview process and interview.

In the end I was offered the job via my recruiter a day later but declined in part due to the pay ($12 an hour via the agency or $14 via direct hire) and the disorganization I witnessed during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled a difficult customer in the past.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Domino's in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application off the top of a pizza box. The manager had an associate call me to see if I could come in and watch the training videos. I received an email to set up payroll, tax forms and I9.
    Was then scheduled to work with someone for one day of training. Which was more of just being thrown in and learn on your own.

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Minimum wage while in the shop and $4.00 while out on the road delivering. The company expects the customer to tip the driver to supplement the income. Employee must turn in tips at end of shift to have taxes with held.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I waited in the lobby for the General Manager to come take me to the back office, he then asked me less than ten easy questions. Two weeks later I had the job

Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

There really wasnt any.. needed to know basic math and how to find a location on a map. As long as you dont break laws the interveiw and the job are both easy