Domino's

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dominos Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied initially through snagajob. An acquaintance of mine knew the store manager and put in a good word for me. My uncle knew his regular delivery driver and also put in a good word for me.

Three weeks after the snagajob application I got a call in for an interview. I had to give a copy of my three year driving record (obtained from DMV for $6.00) and answered a few questions that covered basic disqualifications for the job. How long have you lived here? Do you know the area well? Do you have any pizza experience? Any food allergies? If the store was backed up with orders and you were waiting to receive and order for delivery, what would you do?

There were also a few questions about my school schedule. The manager commented that only part time was available in the evenings at the moment, but a driver was about to quit and I could start full time soon. We finished off with scheduling me another interview a few days later at another Domino's location after a manager's meeting.

They called me back after about five minutes and began. I sat before two different managers, obviously of higher rank than store managers. They asked me to tell them a little bit about myself. Asked about the company I currently work for and if I had worked anywhere else. Asked about my school and schedule. Asked if my car was reliable. Asked if I was okay with part time work. We also chatted a bit about my hobbies and they had shared interests that they openly disclosed; this helped set a good atmosphere and put me at ease.

They concluded with saying that they would like to bring me aboard and scheduled my orientation for two days later. I was also instructed to fill out online documentation for tax and employment verification purposes; included is a digital employee handbook.

Interview Question – None really. There weren't any questions that I didn't cover above. The interview in total was very short with very few questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No salary or compensation was discussed. They immediately said they'd like to hire me and scheduled orientation.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in April 2010.

Interview Details saw an ad on craigslist and responded. spoke with the regional manager and was offered the job. mostly asked questions about my work at pizza hut and why i wanted to be a delivery driver. i said i enjoyed the independence and being able to get out of the building and interact with the customers.

Interview Question – What do you miss most about your last job?   View Answer

Dominos Delivery Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's.

Interview Details Pretty Easy if you've got your crap together

Negotiation Details – none

Traverse City, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in March 2010.

Interview Details Domino's is looking for people that "have it together". They want someone that is reliable, and won't flake out on them. If you have tattoos and piercings, you might want to cover/conceal them. This isn't a deal-breaker, but if you're dressed like you're there for an interview (not a pizza), you're more likely to get the job. No need for a shirt and tie, but put on a clean shirt and pay attention to your hygiene. Most of this stuff should seem basic. Beyond this, they want a clean driving record (not spotless, but be honest - they have to verify with the DMV). You'll likely be driving your own vehicle, so they'll probably want to know if you have reliable transportation.

Interview Question – (Not a surprise, but harder than you think) How well do you know the area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is what we offer. If you're availability works, and you know the area be sure to get a copy of your driving record, and bring it with your insurance and registration next time you come in on... (insert start day)

Blue Island, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's in September 2010.

Interview Details It was informal. I don't even remember sitting down.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Portsmouth, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's in September 2013.

Interview Details Conducted a one on one interview in the actual location. They asked lots of questions related to customer service. I was glad to answer them as they were a pretty nice manager. My background is in Customer Service. All questions were pretty typical. I was able to clearly answer all.

Interview Question – As all questions were pretty typical, there were no hard or difficult questions. The interviewer just looked for honest answers throughout.   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Domino's in April 2009.

Interview Details Interview was so long ago that it is hard to remember. Basically if you are a decent person and meet the minimum standards for driving you will be given a chance. Once working for the company all you have to do is prove you are willing and able and you will get a chance to move up.

Interview Question – Need a copy of Drivers license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – part time job of minimum wage plus tips and milage

Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Domino's in December 2012.

Interview Details Was emailed within a week of applying. Asked to go into the store and apply in person. It was a very easy process, the general manager is a great guy. After filling out an application he asked when I could start.

Interview Question – None asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the pay is fixed.

Linthicum, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Domino's in September 2012.

Interview Details Really easy. Apply online, and wait for a call if the dominos you apply does not need anyone then they will tell you which ones are hiring and they will submit your information to that store and then you will get a call from them.

Interview Question – It could be hard if you have a bad driving record but if you are good then there is nothing to worry about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer and then you go to a 3 hour class to udnerstand the company and you start a week later.

Norcross, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in June 2012.

Interview Details Extremely simple. If you can read and write....and have a license you got the job

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Domino's

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Domino's Dominos Delivery Driver interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Domino's employees and interview candidates.