Dollar Tree

144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Question – None very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Dollar Tree Cashier
Langley, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Interview Details Phoned after dropping off resume.

Interview Question – Asked why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

Interview Details The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Question – What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview Details Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any specific questions.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Question – nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Na Interview

Na
Rohnert Park, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview Details Ask questions, why this store, what do they do best, why should we hired them, have they worked before? Just asking questions to get to know what they can do for the company and see what they are like.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Gulf Shores, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Question – Basically I was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were desperate and were hiring anyone.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!