Dollar Tree

Updated 18 Jan, 2015
Updated 18 Jan, 2015

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Phoned after dropping off resume.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was fairly easy. The questions were very basic and your typical ones. Why would you like to work here. Give one example of a time you were faced with an issue,how did you handle it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle having to be needed in mutiple places at once?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

District Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Frist interview with district manager , then upper management decides if you get a second interview. The interview was held at the Annapolis store. They had an office in the back of the store. The district manager asked me a lot of questions but she also answered all of my questions, which I had many. I asked her to explain her day to day activities. She was responsible for ten stores

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions because I was asked about my responsibilities as a district manager. Example: she asked how I handled customer complaints, I just talked about the most difficult ones and how I handled them.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

They do not do much in way of interviewing. Usually it is more of them talking then asking questions. The background checks seem to take a long time to come back as I had to wait almost 2 weeks even though the manager wanted me to start right away. I did have to speak with the district manager also. I had a hard time logging on to their web site to apply. This position can only be applied for online.

Interview Questions
    • What was the one thing I struggled with at my last job.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I was interviewed by Kevin Hunt. The very next day, I was at the store taking the tests required to complete the job process. The testing was very long, and had a lot of questions to answer correctly or you didn't get the position.

Assistant Operations Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

This is not that difficult of a company to obtain a job. You do need to be honest and show enthusiasm. My interview was with both the district and store manager, and both of them were impressed with my professionalism. I had minimum store manager experience with another company.

I was expecting to take all sorts of tests to get this job, but my resume spoke for itself. You need to work well with people, be able to to show up at a moments notice, and make a few sacrifices to be able to put up with many things. You can expect new hires not to ever come back, or only work for a few days.

Interview Questions
    It was not as professional as I was expecting.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2014.

I honestly didn't have a interview. I filled out an application and about a week later i was called in. she said she could get me hired on. So when i went there the manager was nice, but very unorganized! I had to go next door myself to make a copy of my ID for her. They don't have a copier there, just a printer. The office is very tiny. The internet seemed like dial up. I had to answer a few questions to do on the comp. and i know it took about a hour because i was waiting for the screen to load! She just asked me if i cashiered before, could i come in sometimes when she called me in and how far do i live, that was it. After i filled out paper work, the next day i started.

There was none, i was partime cashier as 7.35 a hour