Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Phoned after dropping off resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Damascus, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2014.

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

A friend referred me, so I filled out an applicatiopn. The day I went to turn it in, the manager immediately interviewed me, offered me the job, and we scheduled my training as soon as possible. It couldn't have been much easier. From what I understand, even people without referrals get rushed through the interview process without any hassle.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They wanted to make sure I didn't plan on robbing them, and that's about it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liberty, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

I had one interview face to face with the General Store Manager which didn't take to long to finish. He was friendly the other managers were ok I started out as a cashier the moved up to asst. manager within I'd say 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I ever received was if we sold TVs in the store   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Cashier Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions
    • nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!