Dollar Tree

Updated 7 Feb, 2015
Updated 7 Feb, 2015

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Phoned after dropping off resume.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others".
    The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed.
    The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc.
    The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question
    My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was fairly easy. The questions were very basic and your typical ones. Why would you like to work here. Give one example of a time you were faced with an issue,how did you handle it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle having to be needed in mutiple places at once?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

District Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Frist interview with district manager , then upper management decides if you get a second interview. The interview was held at the Annapolis store. They had an office in the back of the store. The district manager asked me a lot of questions but she also answered all of my questions, which I had many. I asked her to explain her day to day activities. She was responsible for ten stores

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions because I was asked about my responsibilities as a district manager. Example: she asked how I handled customer complaints, I just talked about the most difficult ones and how I handled them.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

They do not do much in way of interviewing. Usually it is more of them talking then asking questions. The background checks seem to take a long time to come back as I had to wait almost 2 weeks even though the manager wanted me to start right away. I did have to speak with the district manager also. I had a hard time logging on to their web site to apply. This position can only be applied for online.

Interview Questions
    • What was the one thing I struggled with at my last job.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I was interviewed by Kevin Hunt. The very next day, I was at the store taking the tests required to complete the job process. The testing was very long, and had a lot of questions to answer correctly or you didn't get the position.