Dollar Tree

141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Question – None very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Dollar Tree Cashier
Langley, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Interview Details Phoned after dropping off resume.

Interview Question – Asked why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

Interview Details The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Question – What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Question – nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Na Interview

Na
Rohnert Park, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview Details Ask questions, why this store, what do they do best, why should we hired them, have they worked before? Just asking questions to get to know what they can do for the company and see what they are like.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Gulf Shores, AL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Question – Basically I was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were desperate and were hiring anyone.

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview Details Through corporate recruiter. Telephone interview with a regional HR manager. Handed off to district manager who took three weeks to make an initial contact. Went to work as a bench manager (Management Trainee) shadowing another store manager for eight weeks. Very basic stuff that could have been covered in a month or less considering my background.

Interview Question – None. This is basic retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, more or less. I was hired at a higher than normal salary level based on my qualifications though.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2012.

Interview Details i had got an application online and brought it in to the the nearest location, i attached a resume and gave it to the store manager. the manager told me to come in the next day, i came in and got the interview in the main office, my resume was looked over and i was asked about my goals in life and then the manager told me to come in the following week to start to see how i worked. i got trained then i got hired that's basically it.

Interview Question – there was a pen and i got asked how i would sell the pen.   View Answer

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview Details Received e-mail 3 months after applying asking to interview me. Interview was in held in the middle of busy warehouse area. I had a group/panel telephone interview a week later.

Interview Question – Really none. The whole thing made it seem they'd looked at my resume and were fairly satisfied my background and experience provided them most of the information they needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When asked how I heard about the opportunity I told them I'd employed a search for store manager jobs paying $40,000.00 a year or more. That is then what they offered me. It turns out that is the amount they pay every store manager.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!