Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr, 2015

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview

I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Langley, BC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phoned after dropping off resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Vancouver, BC) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What did I dislike about my former employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, MS (US)).

Interview

i did not have an interview, i was hired based on someone's opinion way back in 2009. although in today's world you practically have to beg to get hired on at this place because the store managers don't have time to sit down and just interview people

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

All she did was bring me in and ask me a few questions, didn't tell me anything real about the job or the store and candy coated everything. The store she stuck me with was a complete disaster but she didn't mention that or several robberies at all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run a store with in-based cameras before?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (West Memphis, AR (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. I was just told the expectations of me from the company and was given a quick review of what I would be doing in the position I applied for. We talked a little about the pay range and how the system works also.

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2015.

Interview

Filled application online Monday and finished the assessment. 25-30 mins later I got a call to come in Tuesday at 8am for an interview. I also had to interview with the DMs manager the next week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to lead your team to success?
      How do you choose an applicant to hire?

Answer Question

Negotiation

You come with a number and they will try hard to match it. They also get monthly bonuses while my past employer was quarterly. Honestly I'd rather have a little extra each month instead of waiting for 3.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewPhone interview with 3 people. It was hard to hear them at times. Lots of static and echo in the background. All 3 of them asked questions, mostly about how my last job working experience would relate to the position. Overall it was a positive experience.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

Negotiation

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

Interview

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others".
    The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed.
    The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc.
    The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.