Dollar Tree

Updated 16 Nov, 2014
Updated 16 Nov, 2014

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

I send my resume on line and the next day I got the interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager and the District Manager about 10 minutes, and they oferred the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the salary, but you may negotiate in the schedules.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Phoned after dropping off resume.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

The interview was very low key, yet to the point. The questions were asked in an open format with easy to answer parts. I was made more to feel like I had someone interested in my future than a new employer. This was a well trained, very experienced interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike about my former employer   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, this company has set rates for starting people in specific jobs. I had been persistant at my attempt to join the company, after four applications online, I got the interview and got the job.

FT Assistant Interview

For management position usually try and hire within. For stocking or cashier: very easy process.. Do you have cashiering experience? Are you flexible? are you ok with 5-20 hour per week?...many times if you put in your app at the right time you can get hired on the spot due to someone leaving and we need to fill the spot asap.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

7.35

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2014.

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2014.

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions
    • nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.