Disney Consumer Products

Updated 2 Dec, 2014
Updated 2 Dec, 2014

2.8

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

I applied online through the Disney careers website to around 10 internships and was contacted for 3.

The first two positions started with phone interviews with recruiters. They lasted about 10 minutes each and went through my resume, experience, skills, and availability.

The third position had me come to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 people in the department. The first interview was very quick, not very conversational, but the second person I spoke to was very conversational and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? Would your friends agree? What would they say?   Answer Question

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions
    • There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2013.

Applied online through Disney Careers website, was called to the store for an interview, interview was very low key and natural. Asked a few questions and just wanted to see my personality.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2013.

Put through many different interviews by their TEAM.. Asked many questions about product development, I thought there were tricky there were no easy answers. There were type of questions where you would please one person on interview team but not the others,, SO I fell a void

Interview Questions
    • A product color is off the specification, the vendor offers to discount the order and still meet your timeline. To reorder the correct color it would take additional resources $... How would you handle it and Why?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Brief phone call interview and then Interview with a group of people. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not too difficult for me personally, but should always be prepared   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?

Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

I applied to the Disney Store in person and got a call about a week later from the store manager to schedule an interview. There were two other people at my interview, although I did see the manager interviewing a group before us that consisted of about ten people. The interview was simple enough, basic questions about why we wanted to work at Disney and our work experience. It lasted about twenty minutes. Later that night I received a call from the store saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork, which I went and filled out that night, and I was offered a job two days later.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the job at above minimum wage and was happy with that so I didn’t try to negotiate. However, I’m sure negotiations would vary from store to store.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

One interview with the manager where we talked about situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • You see someone shoplifting and they run out the door, what do you do?   Answer Question
    There was none, starting pay was minimum wage.