Disney Consumer Products

Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions

Updated 30 Mar, 2015

2.8

Senior BA Interview

Interview

There was a TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW, then one on one face to face interview with the Program Manager at their corporate office. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and got the offer in 10-15 minutes after I walked out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about recent project experience   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products.

Interview

I applied online through the Disney careers website to around 10 internships and was contacted for 3.

The first two positions started with phone interviews with recruiters. They lasted about 10 minutes each and went through my resume, experience, skills, and availability.

The third position had me come to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 people in the department. The first interview was very quick, not very conversational, but the second person I spoke to was very conversational and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? Would your friends agree? What would they say?   Answer Question

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions

• There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Burbank, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

really well done but long 4-6 weeks.They are very thorough and seemed a lot more in tune with the creative team ,and the individual positions responsibilities than other studios HR departments.

Interview Questions

• whose your favorite character   1 Answer

Product Development Associate - Games & Puzzles Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online- then had a short telephone interview and then asked to go to the head office for a 1st round interview.

First impressions were that it was a very corporate company/ building and a little intimidating. So many lifts and rooms to navigate. Even though the building was big the interview was in a very small/ slightly claustrophobic room.

I had two interviewers the first was the UK recruitment person and the second the Consumer products person.

The interview was an easy first half talking through work, experiance and looking forward in how I wanted to progress in my career and what I could contribute to the position. These questions were asked by the consumer products person.

The second half was conducted by the UK recruitment person and were totally off the wall questions which caught you off guard. A bit of a gruelling end to an interview.

I think the interview would have gone more smoothly and felt more relaxed if these questions were first and then experiance and qualifications after or if these were worked into the conversations when talking through work. This would have put me a little more at ease and allowed me to answer more confidently and with proper context and meaning.

Although the process was a little scatty the interviewers were lovely people and tried to ease you as you sat in the intimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• What does a corporate company mean to you?

How do you think the different segments of Disney work together?

What do you see yourself doing in a year? Two years?

What skills would you like to acquire and build on?

Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Wayne, NJ (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online through Disney Careers website, was called to the store for an interview, interview was very low key and natural. Asked a few questions and just wanted to see my personality.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Put through many different interviews by their TEAM.. Asked many questions about product development, I thought there were tricky there were no easy answers. There were type of questions where you would please one person on interview team but not the others,, SO I fell a void

Interview Questions

• A product color is off the specification, the vendor offers to discount the order and still meet your timeline. To reorder the correct color it would take additional resources $... How would you handle it and Why?   1 Answer

Interview

Brief phone call interview and then Interview with a group of people. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not too difficult for me personally, but should always be prepared   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?

Answer Question