Discovery Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Interview

Social Media
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media

Interview Question – Who is your favorite Discovery TV character?   Answer Question

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Salesforce.com Administrator
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Contacted first by a head hunter, followed by a phone interview with the boss. Got a call next day to set up an in person with the team. The interview was in two parts. Part 1 was a conversation with a few of the team members, part 2 was a "How would you do x". That evening I got an offer.

Interview Question – How do you add something to the home page?   View Answer

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Interview Question – Whats your favorite food?   View Answer

Salesforce.com Business Systems Developer Interview

Salesforce.com Business Systems Developer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Discovery Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details 1 call with recruiter / head hunter. 1 call with one of the team members. Additional call with boss and current person in the position. There was a skills tests where I looked at some formulas, and had to write a few basic formulas.

Interview Question – How would you write a formula to determine X?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The rate was pre-negotiated with me by the recruiter before I interviewed.

Spring Interview

Spring

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Tons of candidates got the career-fair interview oppportunity. But only about 5% got into the 1 on 1 interview. The whole process took about 3 months. The managers are open and willing to answer questions and overall it's was a good experience.

Interview Question – Talk about your favorite show delivered by us.   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Public Relations Intern
Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details Recieved a call from HR and interviewed with them. After that, HR set up a phone interview wih my employer. A few days later she called. Interview was short and sweet, mostly asking if I could handle the demands of the job. When it was over, she said she had a few more people to interview and that she would be in touch. 10 minutes later HR called and said that I was being offered the internship. Didn't have to go in and interview at all. I had a very different interview experience than other interns did.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Question – The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Master Control Operator Interview

Master Control Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details Had several interviews before decision made. A lot of paperwork. Long training process of about six weeks, which I shouldn't really complain about. Once the training was complete. I was moved from day shift with weekends off, to overnights with days off in the middle of the week.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

Media Sales Interview

Media Sales
New York, NY (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details My resume was forwarded to the network through a friend that works at a media buying agency who had heard of the position. First I got a phone call to set up a phone interview and the phone interview followed.

Interview Question – What do you know about media sales?   Answer Question

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!