Dillard's

Getting the Interview

187 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Apply online, Called me for interview, 3 interviews and then I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Went to Customer Service and applied in-store which took about 30 minutes. It asked the basic questions. I was called a week later for an interview. The interview was pretty casual where the interviewer just asked more questions to get a feel of my personality and personal history than employment. She told me in the interview that I have gotten the job and just had to do the standard background check which I did pass.

Negotiation Details – There was none

Mens Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Two Interview, first one with ASM and second with Upper management. Typical question, they want you to explain yourself, because they can legally ask you. Try to sell something to them that you used to do.

Interview Question – There really aren't any particularly hard questions. They ask the typical, tell us about yourself and prior job experience.   View Answer

Cosmetic Sales Interview

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dillard's in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received a call from 2 different locations within 24 hours. I interviewed at both places, filled out background information and availability forms at one of the locations but have not received a call back from either. I'm going to call today for a follow-up. I brought my resume with me as well.

Interview Question – What do you think a job in cosmetic sales would be like?   Answer Question

Selling Business Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview Details Very comfortable process. Met with the Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and assistant Regional Manager.

Interview Question – None. I was prepared for all questions.   Answer Question

Potential Employee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dillard's in March 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed at two different locations March 2014. I interviewed at one location on a Thursday and interview at another location on a Friday. I was invited for a second interview that following Saturday at one of the location. The ops manager already knew that I had interviewed for the other location and he had me to sign background consent along with other papers. I am still waiting

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dillard's in June 2013.

Interview Details They explain to you about sales goals and the ability to get raises and what not. They also make sure you have sales experience and you have that type of personality to sell merchandise and credit cards.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating phase.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in September 2013.

Interview Details Basic questions regarding your sales experience and customer service relations experience. Definitely try to understand what the manager wants to hear. If they smile then you are saying the right things. It is good to have a solid job on your resume. Somewhere you have been more than six months.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything difficult in the interview process. The store manager hates a high turnover rate. So if you plan not to stay long in that position, don't make that obvious in your interview.   View Answer

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Dillard's

Interview Details A friend recommended me for this job. The interview process was a breeze for. They asked me about my past experiences and why they should hire me as oppose to someone else. When I finished the interview, the assistant manager who hired me told me the head manager was not there. However he told me I could expect to receive a call within the next 2 weeks to start .

Interview Question – Like I said before, it was a breeze.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dillard's in July 2013.

Interview Details I went in to fill out an application on their computer, that took about twenty minutes. Whenever I was done there is a phone that you pick up to call a manager, a manager came back and asked what I filled out for and the experience I had. I received a call about two weeks later for an interview. That interview was very informal and I really just got an overview of what I would be doing if hired. I was maybe asked two or three typical interview questions( what would you do in this situation, etc). She told me she liked me and she would schedule a meeting with the store manager. About a week later I received a call to come in to speak with the store manager. This interview was what I was expecting with the first one. I was asked your typical interview questions, every easy( most interviews are the same type of questions). Immediately after my interview with the store manager I met with the manager of the department I was to be placed. We talked and he explained how working on commission worked. I was offered the job about two days later.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any questions that caught me off guard, just your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dillard's

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's interview questions and advice. All 187 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Dillard's employees and interview candidates.