Digitas

Updated 4 Nov, 2014
Updated 4 Nov, 2014

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Interview process took a few weeks, but overall I was very impressed by the HR staff and their ability to get back to me so quickly after each step. Each interviewer was very pleasant and the interviews were more conversational than anything.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

The overall process was painless. As a recent college graduate they were very open and willing to answer a lot of questions. HR reached out and within a week they had asked me to fly in for an interview. It took almost two weeks from the in-person interview to the offer was about a two week.

Interview Questions
    • After answering why I wanted to work in advertising and specifically in analytics, they asked me why again. It made me feel as if I had not answered the question correctly   Answer Question
    Gave me what I asked

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Digitas.

There is one round of the interview process, where you speak with 4 different account managers for about 30 minutes each. each of them ask about your background and previous experiences that you have on your resume. The interview was more like a conversation, and less puzzling questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed and had to make that a positive experience/   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in August 2014.

HR was spectacular to deal with. Very courteous and prompt in their responses. They coordinated an in-person interview schedule as a series of back-to-back half hour interviews, each with a different individual.

While the interviewers seemed knowledgeable, there was a distinct lack of professionalism. One interviewer detailed one of the recent nights where the team got drunk, another showed up clearly hungover, and one played on his phone as I was answering questions. It was extremely insulting and an interview unlike anything I had previously seen. The saving grace was one interviewer who provided unbroken focus and from whom I received terrific feedback about the company and the particular role.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate slightly.

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Initial communication was quick and interviews set up quickly but follow ups took weeks. Two rounds of interviews (in person and by phone) then reference checks later, got an offer that was outside range for position. Was able to negotiate slightly but then they started downplaying my extensive experience and qualifications and wouldn't budge. They even admitted I would be working at a higher-level and would expect more of me but wouldn't agree to pay me closer to market value for the position. I declined the offer and called two other competitors who I am discussing next steps with now.

Interview Questions
    • None - all were pretty much conversational and involved my work experience and the types of projects I managed over the years. I was impressed with the professionalism and intelligent people I met during this process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Digitas.

very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas in May 2014.

For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Questions
    • how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Digitas.

Standard interview process but I was surprised at how quickly they got back to me and how fast I was able to start - probably because the economy was doing well at that point

I did not negotiate

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas.

Applied through an employee referral, spoke with a recruiter months later, came in for an interview 2 weeks after that, found out I did not get the position a month after the interview. The interview started with the recruiter and than went into 4 higher level analyst mangers coming in separately. The questions were based on my background, advertising industry, and analytical skills. Although they felt my experience was fit for the position I did not get it because my answers were "too long."

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite AD campaign?
      How can you track social media?
      If you wanted to reach out to Boston males in college, what is the market size?
      What companies perform SEM and SEO well, which do not?
        View Answer