Dick's Sporting Goods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Apparel Associate Interview

Apparel Associate

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details They asked basic interview questions. What is a time you experienced great customer service? Name a time you received bad customer service. Name a time you gave excellent customer service? What do you consider the most important part of customer service? They will ask about your sports and fitness history.

Interview Question – They asked what questions I would ask a customer to help them find the product they need.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Apparel Associate Interview

Apparel Associate
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a Saturday and got the call on Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday. I first interviewed with the apparel manager, and the interview was very laid back. He asked about my experience, what my favorite sport was and if I played any, and then asked me some situational questions. It was over in maybe 30 minutes, and it felt very comfortable and natural. At the end he had my take an honesty test which I passed and then he set me up with an interview for the next day with the store manager. He was a little more serious but the interview still felt pretty laid back since he kept getting questions asked at him left and right from everyone in the company. He first went over how big the store was, how many products they sold and what he was looking for in his new hires. Then he "quizzed" me (just a question or two) about my sport, volleyball, asking me what the popular brands were for that sport and what the latest and greatest things were happening in that particular sport. Then he asked me more behavioral questions, and next thing I knew he was calling back the apparel manager and he was saying I got the job!

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all situational, just be honest! And be especially honest about if you've played any sports. They'll ask you detailed questions about them!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage here is 7.93 which is horrible, but because I have 4 years of experience I was able to get it to 8.50 which still isn't great but better than minimum.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Nashua, NH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2014.

Interview Details I had applied online and was called the next day to set up an interview time. I went in the next week for an interview and ended up being asked to come in for another interview later in the week. At that point I was offered a job and told when to come for an orientation day.

At the first interview he asked questions and then had me do an "Integrity Test". The test gave you statements and you answer "Strongly Agree"/"Strongly Disagree". The statements were largely about stealing, marijuana use and work ethic. He told me I had passed immediately after I finished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any negotiation. He said we're offering this much an hour, you'll probably get this many hours, and then moved right on to talking about the next thing.
It may have been because I listed my desired starting pay on the resume anyway.

Footwear Sales Interview

Footwear Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details Had the first interview with the footwear manager, it was a friendly and conversational style interview where they wanted to get a sense of who I was, my interest in sports, and about my customer service.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Footwear Associate Interview

Footwear Associate
Coral Springs, FL (US)

Interview Details I applied online 2 times 1 week from each other and got called for an interview 4 days after the second application. I just got interviewed today and it was actually not that bad. It was at a hotel near the actual store which has not opened yet and they were doing interviews like crazy, anyways I had to sign in after getting to the hotel and waited about 20 mins before I got called to be interviewed and the first one took about 15 mins asking regular questions about my sport and job history and how much of a sport did I knew and luckily I've been playing soccer for many years and was able to answer correctly. After the first interview I got sent back to the waiting area for about another 20-30 mins and got asked to do a 80 question survey, just regular 'what if' questions and your opinion on some situations. After the survey I waited for 10 mins and got called for a second interview which was just some of the same previous questions and a couple of new ones, nothing difficult and I got offered the job right after we finished so nothing to be scared about or nervous just knowing how to answer correctly.

Interview Question – Explain a time you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got offered 9 dollars per hour and me being 18 I just took it right away.

Cashier/Golf Interview

Cashier/Golf

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2014.

Interview Details got called my hiring manager. came in to do a personality survey. then got called back and talked to soft lines manager, and then next day got called in by the store manger. went home and then got called saying i got the job and had to sign some papers on my first day.

Interview Question – describe your self and how you can make the company better   Answer Question

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Customer Service
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview itself was basic.. Average. The manager that interviewed me was not the manager of the location I was interviewing for, although that manager was on site. It was followed up by one of those generic "surveys" that posts the same question several different ways to see if you are consistent. I always lose interest in a company when I encounter those type of "surveys".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided great customer service.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you received poor customer service and how did that affect you.   Answer Question

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process was extremely drawn out. I had to make phone calls to the corporate headquarters and my local store's HR department multiple times to get my application checked in the first place. Also the company career website is updated infrequently which led me to apply for a position that was no longer available.

Interview Question – What does this job mean for you?   Answer Question

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate
Steubenville, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2014.

Interview Details It was relatively simple process. I had an interview the with assistant manager, then took an integrity test, then had an interview with the store manager. I was very qualified for the job so everything went smoothly.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!