Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
255 interviews

2.3

General Sports Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

one interview after a phone call, a general discussion on work history, many questions about experience in customer service, discussion about the expectations of the job, about an hour long meeting

PGA Golf Professional @ Dicks Sporting Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grandville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2011.

Formal and very informative about the position. Open ended questions, but not difficult. Spoke with the regional recruiter, store manager and district manager during the interview process. They made you feel at ease with the entire process.

No negotiation.

Freight Flow Lead Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

The interview was the same as a new hire. They have to use the company questionnaire and did not use any personal questions pertinent to the individual job offer.

Apparel Associate Interview

They asked basic interview questions. What is a time you experienced great customer service? Name a time you received bad customer service. Name a time you gave excellent customer service? What do you consider the most important part of customer service? They will ask about your sports and fitness history.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what questions I would ask a customer to help them find the product they need.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself working in the store?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Dicks Sporting Goods?   Answer Question
    I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got the call on Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday. I first interviewed with the apparel manager, and the interview was very laid back. He asked about my experience, what my favorite sport was and if I played any, and then asked me some situational questions. It was over in maybe 30 minutes, and it felt very comfortable and natural. At the end he had my take an honesty test which I passed and then he set me up with an interview for the next day with the store manager. He was a little more serious but the interview still felt pretty laid back since he kept getting questions asked at him left and right from everyone in the company. He first went over how big the store was, how many products they sold and what he was looking for in his new hires. Then he "quizzed" me (just a question or two) about my sport, volleyball, asking me what the popular brands were for that sport and what the latest and greatest things were happening in that particular sport. Then he asked me more behavioral questions, and next thing I knew he was calling back the apparel manager and he was saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all situational, just be honest! And be especially honest about if you've played any sports. They'll ask you detailed questions about them!   Answer Question
    Minimum wage here is 7.93 which is horrible, but because I have 4 years of experience I was able to get it to 8.50 which still isn't great but better than minimum.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2014.

I had applied online and was called the next day to set up an interview time. I went in the next week for an interview and ended up being asked to come in for another interview later in the week. At that point I was offered a job and told when to come for an orientation day.

At the first interview he asked questions and then had me do an "Integrity Test". The test gave you statements and you answer "Strongly Agree"/"Strongly Disagree". The statements were largely about stealing, marijuana use and work ethic. He told me I had passed immediately after I finished.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever motivated someone? (At work or in personal life)   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a leader position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a cashier's most important job?   View Answer
    There really wasn't any negotiation. He said we're offering this much an hour, you'll probably get this many hours, and then moved right on to talking about the next thing.
    It may have been because I listed my desired starting pay on the resume anyway.

Footwear Sales Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Had the first interview with the footwear manager, it was a friendly and conversational style interview where they wanted to get a sense of who I was, my interest in sports, and about my customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Springs, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL (US)

I applied online 2 times 1 week from each other and got called for an interview 4 days after the second application. I just got interviewed today and it was actually not that bad. It was at a hotel near the actual store which has not opened yet and they were doing interviews like crazy, anyways I had to sign in after getting to the hotel and waited about 20 mins before I got called to be interviewed and the first one took about 15 mins asking regular questions about my sport and job history and how much of a sport did I knew and luckily I've been playing soccer for many years and was able to answer correctly. After the first interview I got sent back to the waiting area for about another 20-30 mins and got asked to do a 80 question survey, just regular 'what if' questions and your opinion on some situations. After the survey I waited for 10 mins and got called for a second interview which was just some of the same previous questions and a couple of new ones, nothing difficult and I got offered the job right after we finished so nothing to be scared about or nervous just knowing how to answer correctly.

Interview Questions
    I got offered 9 dollars per hour and me being 18 I just took it right away.

Cashier/Golf Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2014.

got called my hiring manager. came in to do a personality survey. then got called back and talked to soft lines manager, and then next day got called in by the store manger. went home and then got called saying i got the job and had to sign some papers on my first day.

Interview Questions
    • describe your self and how you can make the company better   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!